[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Spotted! Artist"

Started by the_last_sheikah, February 22, 2012, 03:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 05, 2012, 06:37:37 PMI don't mean to be rude but do you know anything about music? :P I mean if you want to play a song like this you should probably be able to understand what he said, it's basic music speak...
Sorry, I didn't really understand first time he said it/I read it.  And yes I understand music, I can read music well and learn it fast, it's just the chord names, types, and all that jazz (heh, music humor) that throws me a bit.  I'm still learning, so lay off.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

insaneintherain

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 05, 2012, 06:37:37 PMI don't mean to be rude but do you know anything about music? :P I mean if you want to play a song like this you should probably be able to understand what he said, it's basic music speak...

Nononono. It depends on the key signature. For example, in D minor, you'd nearly always use G#, not Ab, no matter what note it "resolves" from.
Oh whoops. I've gotta revise a bunch of things now. But I guess that the resolving thing mainly applies in chromaticism, such as the Flight of the Bumblebee. It may apply in accidental determination, however. You would use a #4 to lead into a 5 normally, right? (Leading with the G#) And it's usually a leading tone resolving to a root (C# to D) in that case. Care to elaborate?

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shadoninja

[NDS]Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Spotted! Artist MUS

Added C# Grace notes to the end to imitate the 16th tuplets. Also, cleaned up the sheet a little bit.

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Oh... So this:
Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 04, 2012, 08:36:48 AMI'd put it in D major and use E#'s and B#'s when they're grace notes to the main note. I'd use Ab when possible instead of G# because of the strong parallel minor relation prominent in most jazz. I'd leave the last chord in measure 11 as is, with the natural spelling.
Just use naturals when they come around unless they're grace notes, then use what makes sense.
was from here...