News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Pokemon run-thru chalenges

Started by the_last_sheikah, February 18, 2012, 03:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

So here's the plan, I'm going to do a run-thru of a pokemon game, add commentary, record, and upload to youtube.  Here's where you all come in, I need some kind of challenges or rules to play by to make it interesting.  This is what I have to work with:
1) any game from gen. 1, 2, or 3.  The emulator I'm using is a GBA/GBC emulator.(for those concerned, I do own every pokemon game from these gens., so I'm good)
2) make the rules/challenges do-able.  No "only magikarps" or "no buying items" or something else like that.
3) you can suggest specific pokemon for me to use.  Just not a pokemon that is impossible/near impossible (i.e. Chansey, the Marowak ghost, ect.)
4) make it fun.  No one will watch if the challenges are boring.
Other than the above, I'll take most any suggestion.  After a while, we can take a vote on the rules I will play by.
So go ahead, suggest away!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Raymondbl

1. Can only have four pokemon in your party at all times.

2.  Cannot use Revives.

3. No Rare Candies.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Dude

Roz~

^this.
Do it with either only healing at the Pokemon Center or only using items.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

the_last_sheikah

I've done a nuzlocke run before, and,well, I don't want to talk about it. :'(
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

spitllama

You could do a community run and have 6 of us give you our favorite pokemon in eggs.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: spitllama on February 18, 2012, 06:13:20 PMYou could do a community run and have 6 of us give you our favorite pokemon in eggs.
OOOOOHHHH I like that idea! but how would I get the eggs into an emulator?

spitllama

Eh. That's true I didn't see you were using an emulator.

Can you hack emulators to have babies of the pokes we say? Other than that idk.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: spitllama on February 18, 2012, 06:20:06 PMEh. That's true I didn't see you were using an emulator.

Can you hack emulators to have babies of the pokes we say? Other than that idk.
Well according to my tech guru friend(You may or may not be familiar with ddankm86), it can be hacked, but he'd have to help me, so it'd be a little while.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Wrydryn

You can probably find a save editor for the game. I know there's one for Pearl.

But if you do start with all the favorites, only use that team for the entire game, if you get stuck; sucks. You should also play with some of the nuzlocke rules, it's tough and I've broken the rules for my nuzlocke in Gold too many times. >.>