News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Brawler4Ever's Arrangements (Updated 1/20/18)

Started by Brawler4Ever, April 22, 2008, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

This is your friend for arpeggiated chords.

Anyway, it's on FierceDeity's arrangement page.
Con pedale would work just fine
As for measure 5, don't worry about directly reproducing dynamic changes when you can't do it properly with a piano. I think what I suggested may work just fine, if you're ok with it.

As for chords, hm. Crossing over might work, but it's such a long time to stay that way. This might be your best option:
Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 31, 2015, 12:03:21 PMOr would it be easier for the right hand to play the chords, and the left hand to take the right hand's part?

Bespinben

I started writing up a draft of "Corridors of Time" back in 2011. Though incomplete, feel free to reference it for harmonies, rhythm, notation, and execution:

Quote from: Bespinben on December 01, 2011, 01:48:36 AMREAD: This isn't a request in the normal sense of getting someone else to arrange. This is more of a prospection to see who may be interested in a collaboration to arrange this piece.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most piano covers I've seen of "Corridors of Time" use Zohar's arrangement, and occasionally the more difficult Zohar & Valente arrangement. I'm interesting in making an arrangement of this song that is more of a "reduction" of the original fitted onto the piano using UnofficialSoundtrack's original cover as the main reference. Essentially, I would like to make sheet music out UnofficialSoundtrack's piano cover, and would like all else interested to join me in this endeavor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corridors of Time WIP: [MUS]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Great job on Kefka! :) We need more Final Fantasy songs, considering the series popularity.

Here's some feedback:

-Those notated drum rolls are bit questionable. An interesting idea, but maybe sound a bit out of harmony.
-Measures 14-21 are missing a voice making it sound flat with only octaves+melody.
-Measures 24-31, I don't know if there is some way of incorporating the harp arpeggios in the LH to make it sound more lively, experiment with it.
-Measures 41-42: have the notes tied from measure 41 to 42 and in the RH throughout the measure, as the note duration of the original song.
Dynamics:
-Put the RH dynamic between the staves.
-The dynamic seems fine overall. Some suggestions might be:
   Measures 22-23, 32-33, put a stronger dynamic fortissimo ff.
   The in the middle section 24-31 make it in forte f. 
   Measures 39-41 cresc. to f or ff after dim. to (last measure) mf.

Articulation:
- Generally, use more of these. You have some staccato notes but you've missed the ones in the end measures 34-38. Also use slurs, there are some parts in this song that are to be played legato.
- A more detail, the melody: I wonder if those 8th notes should be legato instead of staccato, makes more sense I think.

Accidentals:
-I'm not sure, in the chromatic 16ths, if you should use bb's instead of naturals. The general rule is to use accidentals that raises the notes when a chromatic run is ascending, and accidentals that lowers the notes when descending, since the natural accidental in a flat key raises the note it might be correct to use doubleflats instead of naturals. But I'm not certain on this one.
- Last 2 measures En should be Fb.

Other stuff:
The ending(D.C al Fine) feels really inappropriate since your ending on a chord with lots of tension. Sometimes that can work but in this case I don't think it does.
The 2 alternatives as and ending I see are:
1) Just a repeat sign and no ending at all.
2) Compose a small ending.

-The measure spacing: I think a 4 measure hypermeasure would be perfect. Would cover 2 pages well and follow the phrasing of the song.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Brawler4Ever

This will be the last song that I will arrange for a while; I need to focus on fixing my current sheets. But I couldn't help myself this time. This song is just too good! :P

Super Mario Maker - Title (name pending)

Reference:

I decided to skip the first 3 measures since it's just a G over and over again. I wasn't sure how to incorporate the percussion as a bass line, so it just felt really empty. I did use the fourth measure as a pick up line, though. This is also my first ever attempt at using slurs. I think that I did it correctly? Also, the last measure was a huge headache. Even with audiostretch, it was incredibly difficult to transcribe, and I would be amazed if I didn't make any mistakes there.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brawler4Ever

Kefka

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2015, 02:39:23 PM-Measures 41-42: have the notes tied from measure 41 to 42 and in the RH throughout the measure, as the note duration of the original song.
-Measures 22-23, 32-33, put a stronger dynamic fortissimo ff.
-The in the middle section 24-31 make it in forte f. 
-Measures 39-41 cresc. to f or ff after dim. to (last measure) mf.
- Generally, use more of these. You have some staccato notes but you've missed the ones in the end measures 34-38. Also use slurs, there are some parts in this song that are to be played legato.
-Measures 14-21 are missing a voice making it sound flat with only octaves+melody.
-I'm not sure, in the chromatic 16ths, if you should use bb's instead of naturals. The general rule is to use accidentals that raises the notes when a chromatic run is ascending, and accidentals that lowers the notes when descending, since the natural accidental in a flat key raises the note it might be correct to use doubleflats instead of naturals. But I'm not certain on this one.
- Last 2 measures En should be Fb.
The ending(D.C al Fine) feels really inappropriate since your ending on a chord with lots of tension. Sometimes that can work but in this case I don't think it does.
Done. :)

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2015, 02:39:23 PM-Those notated drum rolls are bit questionable. An interesting idea, but maybe sound a bit out of harmony.
I removed the trills on those notes, but kept the notes themselves. I think that it sounds better now.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2015, 02:39:23 PM-Measures 24-31, I don't know if there is some way of incorporating the harp arpeggios in the LH to make it sound more lively, experiment with it.
So I updated the version again to implement and idea that I had. The right hand takes the harp. The left hand takes both the melody and the bass line. There are two spots where the right hand needs to play a note for the left hand, and I've written that into the sheet. I think that it looks pretty good!

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2015, 02:39:23 PM-Put the RH dynamic between the staves.
I'm following this rule:
Quote from: The WSYSLL ThreadDynamic markings should be placed once between the two staves. If the dynamics are different per hand, write each one outside their staff(RH above the staff, LH below).
The only place where that occurs in the version above is measure 14.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 31, 2015, 02:39:23 PM- A more detail, the melody: I wonder if those 8th notes should be legato instead of staccato, makes more sense I think.
-The measure spacing: I think a 4 measure hypermeasure would be perfect. Would cover 2 pages well and follow the phrasing of the song.
I'm not sure what you mean by either of these statements...

Also, Corridors of Time.

Brawler4Ever

Final Fantasy IX - Unforgettable Silhouette

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Zero-Two

Super Mario Maker - Title 2 (appears when the K is pressed on the Title Screen, from what I could tell) (name pending official OST release)

Tobbeh99

Good job on 0² Battle!
Some thoughts I had:

The left hand bass plays in the first 16 measures. Sounds too empty without it.

Double check the chords in the first 16 measures. I pretty sure that the chord on measure 13 isn't a E-major, but rather a F-major13(#11), which are the notes (D,F,B) in the right hand. And the chord in measure 15 is a G-major7 with the notes D,G,B in the right hand.

I think the left hand also plays a different pattern. More like (measure 17) A-C-E-C-E-C etc.

Maybe also check if there are any harmony-notes in the melody that you missed.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Brawler4Ever

Zero-Two

Kefka

Any feedback on these two? I feel like these are pretty close to being ready to be submitted, but I would like some feedback before I submit them! :)

Brawler4Ever

Latios212

Allow me to help you out with Super Mario Maker -  Title before you submit it. Will hopefully be done within a week (been busy with work).

Come get me on Skype if possible!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

On 0²:

-Various formatting errors such as:
Wrongly aligned texts.
Song Title and Game Name to far down, move it up a bit.
Missing page numbers.
Missing Song Title on the other pages.
Missing Measure Numbers.

-You could make use of rehearsal marks (A,B,C,D) to make it easier differentiating the different sections. Maybe on at start, next at the repeat (m.17), next at m.49, and last at m.73. 

-M.79-80: These measures look messy. And how is anyone going to play beat 7 in m.80? The interval is too big. I suggest removing the higher notes on beat 7. And in m.79 I suggest moving the E up an octave and move the 8va line further to the left so that it starts at the high run. I also suggest switching the layers so that the high notes are in layer 1 and vice versa, or make the high notes beamed upwards and the lower notes beamed downwards. Also the rests are wrong, you should make them so they match the strong beats of the 12/8.

Here's an image of it:
Spoiler
[close]

10/10 tobbeh

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 13, 2016, 08:08:38 PMKirby 64: The Crystal Shards: Zero-Two

<snip>

Any feedback on any of these arrangements before I submit them?
Among things Tobbeh99 hasn't covered:
  • You need to flip the stems of a lot of bars' right-hand notes. Please fix Bars 8, 16, 17-18, 20, 36-42, 59-61, and 65-66.
  • The first quarter note in the right hand of Bar 65 should be an E, not a C.
  • I'd prefer tiny slurs connecting all grace notes to the notes they're next to. At least all their stems are pointing in the right direction!
I'll see how you fix Bars 79-80 before commenting further on them.

Once it gets submitted, I'll probably assemble a fuller list.

Brawler4Ever

All of my sheets are up for grabs. These are the ones closest to being completed. I've lost interest in finishing them. If the links don't work (which they should) then I can get new links up. :)

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards: Zero-Two [done, except for a little editing, as noted by Tobbeh and Dekkadeci above]

Super Mario Maker: Title [done, as far as I know]

Super Mario Maker: Title 2 (8-Bit) [done, as far as I know]

Final Fantasy IX: Rose of May [done, as far as I know]

Final Fantasy IX: Unforgettable Sillhouette [done, as far as I know]

Final Fantasy IX: A Place to Call Home [Also called "The Place I'll Return to Someday. Title Theme of FFIX. I can't figure out the middle flute section, but otherwise it's close to being finished.]

The following files can be read with MuseScore. I don't know how the conversion to MUS would affect them.

Final Fantasy VII - Descendant of Shinobi [I never finished the bass line]

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Reign of the Septims (Replacement) [to be clear, this is a full replacement of the one on the site. It just needs some editing near the end]

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22: Trunks' Theme [Any TeamFourStar fans in the house!? the bass line needs some work.]

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: The Dungeon is Full of Monsters [I found a song that hadn't been done yet [[as of early 2016]]! At this point though, it's probably just better to start fresh with this song.  :P]

And I think that that is it. My skills as a musician are not up to par with what is required at this site (which is totally fine). I'm not a music person. I'm a computer person. :P

As noted in the other thread, full rights are given to anyone and everyone to edit, claim, submit, etc. any and all of these sheets. I just want to see them on the site. ;D

Bradenjb12

I knew i saw your name somewhere! Ive heard some of your arrangements! :)
(Its pronounced "Brayden jay bee twelve", jeez!)

[Arrangements]

BrainyLucario

I can help you finish up the elder scroll one. Mind If I count it as a Collab or something?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.