News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Other than Finale?

Started by insaneintherain, February 19, 2012, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneintherain

From my experience with this site, I've noticed that most of the users use some form of Finale and largely deal with .mus files. I and a few others, however, use Musescore, bascially the free version of Finale. Musescore cannot handle .mus files, but from what I know, .xml files are compatible with both. Why not use those?

spitllama

I think Bespinben will be able to tell you that XML is not easily opened with Finale. He made a whole project to change his pieces from SIB to XML to MUS. It was a pain in his butt and required a lot of work (the files don't open smoothly).

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Works fine on my finale. *shrug*

Shadoninja

It's because there's no need to provide XML. We already have PDFs and MUS. If you want to open MUS you can use Finale Reader of Finale Notepad 2012, both of which are free.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

insaneintherain

Is there a convenient way I can convert my .xml files or some other format to a .mus without the assistance of other people?

Shadoninja

Quote from: insaneintherain on February 19, 2012, 06:27:54 PMIs there a convenient way I can convert my .xml files or some other format to a .mus without the assistance of other people?

Notepad 2012 can import XML files and you can save it as a mus.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

insaneintherain

Just downloaded Notepad 2012. Thanks for the help guys! Now I can actually read the .mus files on this site.