News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

LonelyHaven's Arrangements

Started by LonelyHaven, February 21, 2012, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneintherain

Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 23, 2012, 09:13:51 PMHa.

I wish I heard about MuseScore (or similar free software) earlier. I used to just try to write down on scrap paper like just the notes or something and it would be really messy and there would be no indication of rhythm. So it would only be like for me to refer to, haha.

So I guess I would say it's my first time using software to arrange stuff.
I actually did the exact same thing. I started when I was, like 9? It was kind of pointless, but it introduced me to writing. Most people dislike Musescore for the soundfonts, but adding new ones makes it almost better than Sibelius or Finale.

LonelyHaven

Draft Revision:
[NES] "Fireman" - Megaman
On-site [MUS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHh0no7pVs
[MUSESCORE]
[MUS]

Remarks:
-Ignores the "metal abrasion" sounds
-measure 1: hard to tell what notes are
-I feel that maybe the time signature is wrong since the bass line "F#, F, E, F" thing does not match up correctly. (Some form of x/8? Bassline is slightly faster than a quarter note in original if in 4/4)
-In order for repeat to work, need to have repeats and stuff similar to the on-site version if time signature is correct.
-Decrescendos/Crescendos need to be fixed in ending part.

Dudeman

Hey, LonelyHaven! I opened your MuseScore file and fixed all the problems for you! Here's the new file.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LonelyHaven

Wow, thanks for fixing it. It sounds much better.

I would like to add the accompanying "C#, C, B, C" part to the bass line, but that would be very annoying to play I think (regardless of which octave it's placed in).

At measure 6 (about 9-10 seconds in), I hear one "G#B" instead of "F#A" (left hand). That's something to check.

The ending part with the crescendos, I'd like to add the diminuendos for half the measure right before the crescendo...anyway to do that?

Other than that, the revision is great. Thanks a bunch.

Just wondering, what are those "metal abrasions" called anyway, lol?

Dudeman

I checked the G# B and I'm very sure it doesn't exist.
What do you mean by:
Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 25, 2012, 12:25:25 PMThe ending part with the crescendos, I'd like to add the diminuendos for half the measure right before the crescendo...anyway to do that?
?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LonelyHaven

Like beats 1 and 2 have a diminuendo, and then beats 3 and 4 have a crescendo.

LonelyHaven

First version of
[NES] "Big Battle" - Castelvania III: Dracula's Curse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLxo5ggE6I

Updated
[MUS]
[MUSESCORE]
[MIDI]

Remarks:
-Added some part to last measure right hand (and corresponding measure in first part)
-Glissando in measures 3 and 21 are notated weirdly in Finale in left hand.
-Measure 13-15 and similar areas (page 2, starts second measure in Finale): Not sure if left hand should start with the G and then alternate, or start with the triad and then alternate.
-Needs to be formatted properly.
-Don't know if I should add an "ending" (maybe victory theme thingy) at end so it doesn't end like a cliffhanger?

Dudeman

Hey! Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I added those diminuendos you were missing for Fireman. Here you go.

LonelyHaven

No worries, it's all good. Thanks.

LonelyHaven

Ugh, looks like mediafire updated their site, so my files are deleted. I guess dropbox is a good alternative? Any other sites you guys would recommend?

Tried to play "Big battle" and noticed some LH parts are pretty much impossible to play...will edit that later.

LonelyHaven

(Re-uploading some stuff + New DKR arrangement)
[SNES]
Castlevania III (JPN) - Riddle
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Castlevania III (JPN) - Big Battle (May add Victory Theme if I feel like it later, fix octaves later too)
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

Earthbound - Hotel (May fix with different pickup measure and such).
(See later post)

-Question about pickup measure. I was thinking of having an eighth note pick up, but is that allowed (in 4/4 time...are quarter note beat pickups only allowed?)?

[N64]
Banjo-Kazooie - Bottles' Picture Game
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]

(WIP) Diddy Kong Racing - Wizpig Race (Duet)
[MUS]
[MID]
[PDF]
-I know that currently it is pretty unplayable and inconsistent with who plays what. Also need some fixing towards end.

(If there are link errors, please let me know, thanks).

Shadoninja

Quote from: LonelyHaven on June 06, 2012, 03:33:23 PM-Question about pickup measure. I was thinking of having an eighth note pick up, but is that allowed (in 4/4 time...are quarter note beat pickups only allowed?)?
yes. You can have an eighth note pickup or a quarter note pickup.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

LonelyHaven

Fixed Earthbound Hotel with pickup measure and split up treble clef so the accompanying harmony can be optional. (Needs formatting edits...will do that later)

[SNES] - "Hotel" Earthbound

Shadoninja

Quote from: LonelyHaven on June 07, 2012, 11:22:08 AMFixed Earthbound Hotel with pickup measure and split up treble clef so the accompanying harmony can be optional. (Needs formatting edits...will do that later)

The first five eighth notes should be pickup notes.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

LonelyHaven

Yeah, you're right. New version should be up shortly:
[MUS] [MID] [PDF]