Tales from Earthsea
0 (0%)
Ponyo
1 (3.3%)
The Secret World of Arrietty
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 15, 2012, 10:34:32 AMUhm...no not anything starring Tom Hanks.
I can't believe I never read this before. Slow, you have given me yet another reason to believe you have no soul.

Also, just watched Tales from Earthsea. Pretty great film(William Defoe plays the main bad guy, automatic plus). It was quite a bit more bloody and brutal than any Ghibli film I've seen before. There's quite a bit of blood in a few scenes and a guy gets his arm cut off(which was pretty sweet). Still, it certainly isn't Howl's Moving Castle good, but a great movie none the less.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 19, 2012, 04:48:46 PMAlso, just watched Tales from Earthsea. Pretty great film(William Defoe plays the main bad guy, automatic plus). It was quite a bit more bloody and brutal than any Ghibli film I've seen before. There's quite a bit of blood in a few scenes and a guy gets his arm cut off(which was pretty sweet). Still, it certainly isn't Howl's Moving Castle good, but a great movie none the less.

Hmm, that's easily the weakest of the Ghibli films in my opinion, but that isn't to say it wasn't enjoyable. I think as a Ghibli film it disappoints, but if you view it objectively as an anime, it's very enjoyable. Willem Dafoe's character was so creepy though! Firstly, he has a REALLY feminine figure for a guy (jussayin) and then when he's whispering to Arren he looks like a pedo. But his forearm gets cut off, so it's all good. (Also if you think that's violent....you should see Princess Mononoke, much more violent and a far better film :D) The imagery/animation merits a view by itself, in my opinion.

ANYWAY, I have now seen ALL Ghibli films with the exception of one, My Neighbors the Yamadas, and I just ordered that from Amazon today. And yes, this means I have seen Only Yesterday, which Disney owns the rights to but refuses to dub or release because it discusses menstruation briefly. Those pussies (no pun intended). I watched it with English subtitles online today, and it's definitely way slower-paced and reflective than the other ones. Not a kids' film. I finally own them all besides Tales from Earthsea, too (and I'll be ordering it soon). My collection is almost complete! ;D

I'm now editing the poll to include ALL Ghibli films.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

ANYWAY, I watched My Neighbors the Yamadas which was adorable and pretty hilarious, so now I've seen all of them. Yaaaay! I still need to order Tales from Earthsea so I can own all of them though.

Bubbles

I love these movies :D

Inching my way through the whole collection, these are how many I've seen so far:

Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service

Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Spirited Away
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Tales from Earthsea
Ponyo
Arrietty

From Up on Poppy Hill
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

TheZeldaPianist275

I really love Castle in the Sky.

SlowPokemon

That's one of my least favorites personally

Yugi

Recently. I was called a weeb for liking a Studio Ghilbi Film.  :(

Bubbles

I enjoyed watching it more than Spirited Away (kill me) but Im not sure if thats because I've never seen it before or not.

TheZeldaPianist275

TBH it's the only one I've seen so I can't give very good comparison.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 25, 2012, 09:08:36 PMA few
Take a shot every time Bubbles mentions Howl's Moving Castle.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SocialFox on December 25, 2012, 08:40:21 PMRecently. I was called a weeb for liking a Studio Ghilbi Film.  :(
Yeaaaah... In here watching anime makes you a wuss, too. Unless you're a girl. (it's a law of nature :P , don't blame me for this)

Bubbles

Eh, I wouldnt be so sure about that, at least here

FSM-Reapr

I used to bully anime fanboys on the 9th grade. I now regret that. :-[

Bubbles