News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Pokemon Adventure! Discussion

Started by K-NiGhT, March 15, 2012, 09:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A NEW CHAPTER?!

WHAT?!
5 (45.5%)
SRSLY?!
3 (27.3%)
orly?
4 (36.4%)
I don't believe you.
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

I would like to learn how to make a Pokemon ROM hack... for some obvious reasons... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 01, 2012, 02:02:17 PMAlso, if I remember right, I think sheikah mentioned something about it earlier. I'll add it to the poll in a sec.
WORKING ON IT.  I've got a lot of stuff on my metaphorical plate at the moment, but I will try to move it up if I can get my friends to help.

How you can help:
Hello kind sir/madam reading this post, I want YOU, yes you, to help me make this ROM hack possible.  You can help by designing your or other people's battle/overworld sprites to make my job easier and the whole process go by faster.  Some, but not much, artistic talent is optimal.  You have two options:

Option 1: less artistic option
Step 1: go to http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/index.html
Step 2: pick an NPC overworld sprite and a battle sprite for your character
Step 3: copy the image on the page into Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, ect.
Step 4: after croping out everything but the sprites you will edit, EDIT AWAY!  Make your character look like you/how you want to look.  Be sure to zoom in 800% to edit it pixel by pixel with the pencil or paint brush.
Step 5: send me the file via dropbox, email, Facebook, ect.

Option 2: more artistic option
Step 1: open up Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, ect.
Step 2: MAKE YOUR CHARACTER!  Use a sprite as a size guide if needed, we don't want people looking too big/too small.
Step 3: send me the file via dropbox, email, Facebook, ect.

Together, we can make this story a game.  It may take a while, it may suck, but it will be our game none the less.
-sincerely, the_last_sheikah <3
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

So practicly you want us to learn how to sprite and animate.

That won't be much of a problem for me.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SocialFox on December 01, 2012, 09:13:59 PMSo practicly you want us to learn how to sprite and animate.

That won't be much of a problem for me.
No, I simply request people to just design the sprites, that is it.  So how to sprite, in easier terms, yes, how to animate, in specific terms, no.  This way, people look how they want and the work gets done faster.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

spitllama

Does it have to be a GBA sprite or can we use DS?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

Quote from: spitllama on December 01, 2012, 09:41:42 PMDoes it have to be a GBA sprite or can we use DS?
Probably not, but we might be able to use older system sprites efufufufufufufufufufufufu

K-NiGhT

I know what most of you are probably thinking.

"OH MY GOD HE KEEPS UPDATING THAT PMD STORY BUT NOT THIS ONE WTF!"

I know, I know. But the PMD one is SO much easier to write. Plus I'm getting bored of battle after battle. But I don't want any extra chapters cuz it works out to 100 and I like that. A lot. So bear with me while I get my creative juices flowing and whatnot.

(Which is code for bathroom break...)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Kman96

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 02, 2012, 08:22:59 PMI know what most of you are probably thinking.

"OH MY GOD HE KEEPS UPDATING THAT PMD STORY BUT NOT THIS ONE WTF!"

I know, I know. But the PMD one is SO much easier to write. Plus I'm getting bored of battle after battle. But I don't want any extra chapters cuz it works out to 100 and I like that. A lot. So bear with me while I get my creative juices flowing and whatnot.

(Which is code for bathroom break...)
that is totes my thought at every second of every day.
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

Also, while we're on a page while we're talking about this ROM, I would like to being something to the attention to the composers of NSM. This game is going to need a soundtrack. And it's gonna be frakin ossim possims.

Here is an example of something for the final boss battle (aka korbin)

Also, the theme from 0:30-0:50 is what I want the main theme for the game to be based off of.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Waddle Bro

K-NiGhT, what I recommend to do is that you should hide the soundtrack in your story like this:
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 12, 2012, 07:55:44 AMShe came forward and the battle was now able to begin.
I found it more useful than going on a different page to search music, because it just ruins the epic feeling.

Yugi

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 03, 2012, 09:21:56 PMAlso, while we're on a page while we're talking about this ROM, I would like to being something to the attention to the composers of NSM. This game is going to need a soundtrack. And it's gonna be frakin ossim possims.

Here is an example of something for the final boss battle (aka korbin)

Also, the theme from 0:30-0:50 is what I want the main theme for the game to be based off of.
I actully have an idea of what the Final Boss battle could be, I may or may not PM you it.

Waddle Bro

Yugi

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 03, 2012, 09:59:28 PMI like this
If we go with my secret idea the final battle would be something similar to
Not EXACTLY dancing mad pt 4, but something like having something morunful at the end of the track, showing that it's his final stand.