News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Infinite Chain-Grab

Started by spitllama, March 28, 2012, 08:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I've heard of this, but just now considered looking into it. Google isn't helping much.

It apparently has to do with using the Ice Climbers in SSBB (SSBM too?) and desyncing the characters. This allows you to do infinite grabs of the opponent, choosing to smash or simply hit while holding.

Anyone know how to do this?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

I think I know what you're talking about: Say popo holds you down while nana beats you to a pulp? If that's the case, I do it all the time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

Well kinda... it's like nana grabs, popo hits, then because they are not synced together, you can quickly change and popo will grab while nana hits, without time to escape. So you can rack up a lot of damage, and eventually land a big hit.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Oh I see-I've never done it like that before...I suppose there's some sort of trick to it? Or are you saying that you just have to keep grabbing really fast?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

I think there's a trick to it. There must be an easy way to make nana/popo fall behind the main ice climber so you can then grab repetitively.

But while we're on the subject,

How do you have nana attack while popo holds? I don't even know that much.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Well first grab the enemy(Z or R+A(I recommend R+A)). While holding down the grab button(With R+A, just R), press the button combo for the attack you want. Nana, being free since you're the one holding, will still perform the attack as if in unicin with you. Of course, this workes both ways, meaning Nana can hold while you attack, but I prefer to do the holding myself, since Nana tends to let go after only a few seconds. I like to think of Nana's position as a "remote control". If you ever get separated, you can control her from a distance, since she does everything you do.

My favorite combo is to grab, then press down B, freezing your enemy. Leaves them open for a smash attack.

spitllama

You did this in Melee too? (thanks)
Submissions Page

Olimar12345