Blueflower's Gaming Blog and Reviews

Started by blueflower999, March 27, 2012, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Ace Attorney lists should I do after ranking the cases?

Rank the characters (or top 10/20 characters)
4 (17.4%)
Rank the breakdowns
3 (13%)
Top 10/20 songs
4 (17.4%)
Rank the villains/murderers
1 (4.3%)
Rank the character themes
2 (8.7%)
Don't do another Ace Attorney list
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Dude

wait why are you quoting me.

I never said he couldn't have an opinion, and I never said I agreed nor disagreed with him. I was just stating that his comment sounded like he was trolling everyone else.

Spyro

blueflower999

I'm sure many of you have played this game. My review for Super Mario World: (which I just finished a few hours ago)

Gameplay: 9/10 Classic Super Mario platforming at its best. If you were a fan of Mario 1 or Mario 3, this is definitely the game for you. With the added ability for a save feature and the 16-bit graphics of the Super Nintendo, this game had a lot of potential, and it lives up to those expectations.

Addictiveness: 8/10 About as addicting as every Mario game, although this is the first one, to my knowledge, to support a save feature, which makes beating it in one sitting only necesarry if you want to. I'll probably go through it again someday, whenever I want a classic 16-bit platforming experience again.

Story: 3/10 It's your standard Mario story. You all know it. The only difference is that, this time, Yoshi is thrown into the mix.

Music: 8/10 Throughout the years, the Super Mario series has thrown out so many classic and catchy tunes that it's hard to count them all. From the bleeps and bloops of the original, to the orchestrated brilliance of Super Mario Galaxy, this one fits right in there between the two. While it does make the underground theme a remix of the main theme, the castle theme is awesome, and the final battle with Bowser has one of the best boss fight themes I've heard on the SNES since I bought EarthBound. Here are my recommendations:

Athletic Theme
[close]
Castle Theme
[close]
Bowser's Theme (Spoilers?)
[close]

Character Design: 4/10 I gave it a 4/10 just because it throws in my favorite Mario character, Yoshi, into it, even though Yoshi has about zero character. It's just your standard Italian plumber and Princess in distress here. Although I do like it how Peach kisses Mario on the nose at the end.

Humor: 3/10 Meh. Not every game has to have humor to be good, and not every game that has humor is a good game. It's just something that I look for when playing a new game. There's really not anything different from any other Mario game here, but it's still the jolly, happy Mario world that still brings a smile to my face, so I'll give it a 3.

Difficulty: 8/10 Don't be fooled; just because it has a save features does not, by any means, make this game easy. Oooh, no. The castles are a PAIN. Some of them took me days to beat and constant 1-Up grinding to get past. And did I mention that you can only save after you've beaten a casltle or ghost house?

Other memorable features: Some people criticize Super Mario World for not being as innovative as Mario 3 was. To be honest, I thought both were incredibly huge steps in bringing the Mario series to where it is today. Cape Mario is probably my favorite form of him to date, and the addition of Yoshi is an enormous step in the right direction. Also, I believe I read recently that Super Mario World has more secrets and hidden paths than any other Mario game to date, so if that's your thing, you must play it.

Overall: 8/10 An astounding game that must be owned by any retro mario or SNES lover. Just don't expect it to be beaten too easily.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

That game is fun. I have the GBA re-release.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Updated my game library with all my new NES, SNES, and newly acquired N64 games!

As you can see, my collection is growing rapidly.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

blueflower999

Only 9 stars left in Super Mario Galaxy! CAN I DO IT?  :o
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

You can do it!!! If you can do the Dreadnought Ammo Depot, you can do anything.

(I'm assuming you beat the game with Mario and Luigi? Because if not, there's actually 122 more after the first 120)

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 04, 2012, 07:39:14 PMYou can do it!!! If you can do the Dreadnought Ammo Depot, you can do anything.

(I'm assuming you beat the game with Mario and Luigi? Because if not, there's actually 122 more after the first 120)
I'm just talking about Mario. Is there any difference when playing it through with Luigi besides the obvious?

And... the Purple Coin mission on Dreadnought took me like 50 tries.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I was talking about the Bob-omb level with the trash @_@

No real difference with Luigi. He runs a little faster, is harder to stop, and jumps a little higher.

There's a very meh extra level after beating it with both bros.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 06, 2012, 03:59:58 AMI was talking about the Bob-omb level with the trash @_@
That took me like 2 tries  :o
The one on Battlerock was harder for me.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FSM-Reapr

lol Slow that was easy. It took me like 2-4 times.

Zunawe

Slow, you aren't alone. I kept missing the last two because the bombs wouldn't explode in time.

The purple comets are so terrible sometimes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

idk I haven't played the game since I 100% it not long after it came out, I just really remember having a lot of trouble with that level. Hm.

I do know that everybody always complained about the Luigi purple coin level, but that one didn't take me long at all compared to some of the horror stories I heard :/

Zunawe

That was the one that I hated for so long. Where you run around on 8-bit Luigi chased by those cosmic twin things. It took me forever.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things