News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What 3DS games do you recommend?

Started by jxjxjx, March 29, 2012, 02:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3DS game Mario game is the best?

Super Mario 3d land
6 (23.1%)
Mariokart 7
6 (23.1%)
Luigi's mansion 2 (not released yet)
3 (11.5%)
Paper Mario 3D (not released yet)
2 (7.7%)
Games that are not related to Mario (please post game on this thread)
4 (15.4%)
Pokemon black(2) and white (2)
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

SlowPokemon

Please don't spend money on Rumble Blast xD it will only encourage the developers to make another one, and it's a pretty terrible game (though I don't have it, I've played a friend's and have the Wii version).

Super Mario 3D Land, while fun, is not the same level as Galaxy or 64. It's just New Super Mario Bros in a 3D world. It's really fun, though, and would be a decent buy. It does get pretty repetitive though. Mario Kart 7 is an updated Mario Kart, with various no-name characters who strangely were included despite their obscurity. It's very fun though, and the best MK yet.

My advice? Get 999 or Virtue's Last Reward. You'll thank me later. If you're unwilling to do so, get Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. That's the best game for the 3DS that isn't Virtue's Last Reward. After that, my recommendations would be, in this order, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Zunawe on May 28, 2013, 06:59:10 PMO_O
You should visit.
What are you coming to do?
we're on our orchestra trip, which only happens once every four years. We're gonna be in the Denver and Colorado Springs area.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

It's pretty good weather right now depending on where you're from. You should send me your performance locations/times. I might be able to see something if it's an option.

[/topic derail]
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Meh.  Not really interested in 999 atm.  I could probably convince my parents to let me play it despite the M rating, but I have so many other things I want to play right now.  Miracle Mask and Dark Moon I will be getting eventually.

SlowPokemon

TheZeldaPianist275

Arright Slow.  Why don't you sell it to me.  Sum up everything that is great about it and shoot down negatives.  Gogogo.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Hmmm.....

Arright Slow, I'll make you a deal.  Assuming my parents are okay with me playing it, I will trade off favorite games with you.  If you play through a Zelda game without resorting to a walkthrough, and approach it without bias (cause I know you're kinda prone to do that :P) I will try to play 999 in my spare time this summer.  I think I'll give it a shot.

SlowPokemon

Options (games I have on my 3DS, I haven't finished any):

Ocarina of Time 3D
Minish Cap
TLOZ
Zelda II

The game I played the most of was Ocarina of Time, I got quite far before getting stuck or distracted and would have to restart

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Echo

Get the Oracle games! There's a special deal for both for around $10.00

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 29, 2013, 06:00:35 PMChoosing Zelda 2 is suicide.

I will be honest, I played that for ten minutes and uninstalled it vowing never to look at it again. Minish Cap looks pretty cool

Zunawe

Of those, I would recommend OoT first and Minish Cap second. Zelda is hard without practice, and Zelda II is ridiculous. If you explore enough and make sure you know exactly what your objective is in OoT, you'll do fine.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 29, 2013, 06:02:14 PMI will be honest, I played that for ten minutes and uninstalled it vowing never to look at it again. Minish Cap looks pretty cool
At least your save file wasn't corrupted twice after hours of grinding :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

I've never played Minish Cap (how do you have that on your 3DS??? I want it) but I know it's great.  I would not recommend Zelda II, doesn't give the ultimate experience, and the same with the original to a certain extent.  OoT 3D?  Your call.  It's so legendary I'd assume you know pretty much everything about it anyway :P  So yeah, Minish Cap would be my first choice.  Deal?

Oh, and Blueflower, I'm trucking it to the Great Temple.  O_O  These stupid enemy scenes. SO dumb.