News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What 3DS games do you recommend?

Started by jxjxjx, March 29, 2012, 02:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3DS game Mario game is the best?

Super Mario 3d land
6 (23.1%)
Mariokart 7
6 (23.1%)
Luigi's mansion 2 (not released yet)
3 (11.5%)
Paper Mario 3D (not released yet)
2 (7.7%)
Games that are not related to Mario (please post game on this thread)
4 (15.4%)
Pokemon black(2) and white (2)
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

And it's a lot of fun, just too hard and the save gets corrupted on my cart.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

K-NiGhT

I picked up Star Fox 64 3D and was immediately disappointed because there is no online multiplayer.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Kman96

Yeah it's sad, but it's still a great game. Don't let it get to you.

Also you lied to me, Mr. "I'll get OoT3D when I get back from Colorado."
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

I didn't have 40 dollars, but I had 25.

K-NiGhT

ok people.

give me good reasons to buy PMD. The highest review I've seen so far is a 5. Not impressed.

Bubbles

I'm terrible at making arguments but I have to try

1. It made me cry not only at the end, but multiple times throughout the story just because of how adorable it was. And I don't cry easily im such a liar.
2. Experience is party-wide, so if you leave a Pokemon back at home it gains all the experience that the battling ones in the dungeon do.
3. Umbreon and Espeon are major plot characters (as is Dunsparce)
4. DLC (if you like that kind of stuff)

I honestly don't see why its been getting bad ratings, it wasn't bad at all. I think people just over-glorified it, and then when it came out it didn't live up to their expectations of the great new PMD game in 3D

SlowPokemon

PROS:
1. The story is as good as previous Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles, and while it's in a similar style and some parts do feel familiar, there is still enough novelty to engage you. What's more, the story is a solid 18-20 hour adventure.
2. The dungeon-crawling mechanics have been made slightly smoother and more convenient.
3. The game is challenging without being impossible.
4. The characters are lovable.
5. The music is excellent and high-quality.

CONS:
1. Once you finish the story, there's nothing to do at all. Unlike the previous games, which had multitudes of post-game chapters, there is absolutely nothing to do after finishing the story besides go on missions.
2. The dungeon-crawling gameplay, while it is improved, is still monotonous, tedious, and tiresome. It's simply not very fun after a while, and the only reason you find yourself continuing is to reach the next section of story.
3. Speaking of the story, there is no way to speed up text, making the story sequences drag on much longer than necessary.
4. It's more of a pet peeve than anything, but there are no confirmed genders. Your gender is never asked, but other characters calling you "he" reveals your character is male. Same with your partner. Virizion is referred to as "she," but how would you know she's female other than that? It takes away some of the personability, plus Attract and Captivate now work on every Pokemon.
5. Speaking of Pokemon, there are only 140 or so that exist in the game. The vast majority of these are Unova Pokemon, too.
6. Forgive me, but as much as I like being able to pick my Pokemon, it doesn't feel as intimate as the personality test. Plus, with only five Pokemon, there's a very limited selection.
7. The "Pokemon Paradise" idea never totally worked for me, to be honest. It wasn't fun.
8. Same with the Magnagate. It really wasn't cool.
9. They need more StreetPass features than just getting a Reviver Seed.
10. The DLC is not worth your money, and it feels like a huge cash-in on the company's part.

Overall it's not a bad game, but it's a monstrous step down for the series. So many times I found myself thinking, "this could be great, but it just seems lazy." I felt like I got a demo of a game. Little things like no genders, no personality test, no way to speed up the slow-moving text, and such a ridiculously limited selection of monsters accumulated my annoyance throughout the game, peaking with the absence of any post game. I had a lot of fun throughout the story, but I doubt I'll ever play it again.

My score: 6.5/10 (but leaning toward 6 rather than 7)

If you want a story game (that isn't rated M, because Virtue's Last Reward is the best), get Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask--and no, you don't need to have played the previous installments to have fun with the game.

If not that, go for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon--definitely worth your money.

If you're set on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so be it, but don't be too disappointed with it.

K-NiGhT

I may buy PMD, but only after I get Animal Crossing. Then I'll seek out 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, if I can find them. (i can buy them anyway, i'm 17)

SlowPokemon

Good choice. Truth is, if you liked the previous PMD games, this one will be just as engaging. I just think it was held back from excellence by several things, and that it should have been a lot better.

Clanker37

I'm struggling to finish the story of PMD. It's just so...tedious. Also having multiple dungeons with the same Pokemon. Unimpressed.

KefkaticFanatic

People I know that have played it plus reviews say it is vastly inferior to previous games, so I wouldn't discount the series. I haven't tried them myself though besides the demo for this one..

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

I'll probably pass on it until the price drops quite a bit.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

I don't own it, but Nintendo Life usually has their head on straight and gave it an 8 out of 10.

I'll be getting it eventually.