News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Trill on Tied Notes?

Started by spitllama, April 10, 2012, 01:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

If I have an eighth note at the end of one measure that ties into a quarter note of the next measure, and there's a trill above the eighth note, is it assumed by performers that it carries over into the quarter note as well? Or is it necessary to write it again?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Sir Dino

Being an exact person and all, I would write it again, perhaps for morons who can't read music that well. But I guess it would depend on what you think is best- it is your arrangement. :)

MaestroUGC

For tied notes you need a trill extension over the length of what you want trilled, but lower Finale products can't handle that.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sir Dino

In other words, you don't need to, right? (just seeing if we're in agreement)

Olimar12345

What MaestroUGC said. (hafta specify maestros now!) A wavy line goes above everything that should be trilled. If you can't do that, then restate the trill. Or post it somewhere where I can download it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sir Dino

oh yeah, we're both Maestros! Huzzah MaestroUGC!

MaestroUGC

...who is this strange fellow, stealing my name sake?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

I like him. He uses "huzzah" in daily speech.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 10, 2012, 07:10:46 PM...reminds me of Balrog...

He said "daily" not "every time they meet"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345