News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Jompa's arrangements ~ 29.04.2015 ~ Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren

Started by Jompa, April 25, 2012, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

Oh yes, definitely. I'd start over completely if I'd want to get it onsite.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

I'd wish you did. Your arrangements are absolutely incredible. But, that choice is up to you.  ;)

MaestroUGC

I must say I enjoyed your first movement for your Bassoon Concerto, though given its light nature and overall brevity, I'd sooner call this a Concertino rather than a Concerto. Are you working to finish this work?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jompa

Yes it's not yet finised, but I don't know when I'll have the time to work on it again.

And thanks guys!
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

You know you're a nerd when you've spent an entire day making a big band arrangement of Pokewalker Synchronization and Printer Error... Here it is: (The playback has some trouble with swing, and the sounds I have on this computer are horrible)
Pokewalker Synchronization:
PDF
Sound (music starts at 00:27 for some reason)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

New big band composition! It's a bit weird.
The playback was a bit rough on the swing part, and especially at the transition right after - it'd sound better irl, and with some swing.
"Dromedaren som hatet julen":
PDF
Sound (starts at 00:13 for some reason)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

What happens if you take this traditional Norwegian march,
and big band it?

This happens:

"Holmenkolljazz" - arrangement on "Holmenkollmarsj"
PDF
MP3

I actually made this a couple of months ago, but I've been away from my mac, and I found it troublesome to dropbox it before now. I've been composing buttlodes these months, so there might come more stuff:)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Today was that day again - composition midterms! 5-hour test on composing. The assignement was to use the tones A, D# and E, either making a theme of them, or just having them appear all over. No limitations to instruments and style. I chose to do a D#-phrygian (D# and E) kinda thing with the tritone A as an important tone as well, and I wrote for double reed-quintet (2 oboes, english horn, 2 bassoons). The composition's most notable feature is the 3/4+5/8 time signature. It is actually inspired by the dream I had last night, where I was casually flying in the sky before getting eaten by a flying killer whale, only to find a village inhabited by mermaids inside it. Here it is:
Inne i den flyvende spekkhoggeren:
PDF
MP3
Birdo for Smash