Jompa

School Project. :)

"Autumn Leaves" - big band trombone section feature
PDF
MP3
MIDI
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

Here's an original composition for sinfonietta. My school and the Oslo Philharmonic does this collaboration project each year, where music students get the option of writing music for them to play at a concert. This piece is my "first idea" kinda, which is gonna be tested out at the sinfonietta reading that is gonna be held sometime next month. Funfunfun :)

"Dromedaren som gjerne skulle hatt full strykeseksjon og to fløyter"
MP3 (please imagine the brass is louder)
PDF

So tell me what you guys think!
Birdo for Smash

Cobraroll

Sounds nice and all, but... what's up with all the dromedaries?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

School project :)

Morning Has Broken - Theme with variations for string quartet:
PDF
Sound
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Morning has broken is low tier Cat Stevens.

Otherwise, good arrangement.

Jompa

Today was that time of the year again - midterm exams in music specialization - THE BEST EXAM EVER!
It's a five hour test in composition or arranging, and this time around I chose to write a composition for full symphony orchestra with a theme based on sixths. Somehow I let myself inspire by some of the calm nice melodies and arrangement-techniques from the Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games (ofc because I've been playing the remakes so much these last couple of days). So please listen to it!:)
HELDAGSPRØVE 01.12.2014 - 1. KOMPOSISJON:
Sound(.wav)
PDF
Birdo for Smash

monkeybull223

I love it!  It really does remind me of RSE/ORAS music.  It reminds me of somewhere between Littleroot Town, Lillycove, the Surf theme and The Soaring theme during the day.
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

Jompa

Thanks!

From my latest project "Concerto - For bassoon solo and orchestra", I've finished a first edition of the intro and first movement. So please listen to it!
Intro and I. Presto:
Sound(.wav)
PDF
Birdo for Smash

MoboMoga

Lovely work! I can see that you leaned more towards a wind ensemble feel. Great job, very impressed  ;D
This inspired me to compose my own concerto, middle of creating a piano one right now.  ;)

Jompa

Thank you! The wind ensemble-feel just happened on its own, as that's kinda the only classical-ish music I've grown up with:P
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Maelstrom

I don't think I ever asked you why you don't have more arrangements on the site.
So, why don't you?
They are just so good.

Jompa

Well, I have only once actively tried to get a sheet up on site (I know there are a little bunch more of my sheets onsite, but those weren't put up by me), and I experienced a lot of trouble and delay back then, which basically made me give up on the entire system (sorry NSM). I know it's much better and improved right now, but once I fell out of that groove nothing's made me want to go back to doing it. I haven't arranged for the site for a long time. The sheets I have here are all very faulty atm, so getting them onsite will take a lot of effort too.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom