News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project!

Started by MaestroUGC, May 04, 2012, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How exciting is this?

Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Very Exciting
19 (61.3%)
Sign me up!
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Olimar12345

I'll be happy to join in, if you need a Bass trombone  ;)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 04, 2012, 08:20:17 PMIf we can avtually gather an orchestra, that would be awesome, and a choir to boot. But it seems we have 3 vocalists (all men, including myself). If we could get another...3-4 men who can hold their own, we could try to work for a men's chorus thing. But for now, I just want to see who'd like to take part in this, both pianists and instrumentalists.

I do sing.

Greg

Hi, I'm a pianist.

This sounds pretty coll I would participate.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 04, 2012, 10:39:43 PMI'll be happy to join in, if you need a Bass trombone  ;)

icwutudidthar

K-NiGhT

I've been playing piano for 6 years, violin for 11, i sing, i play the euphonium, i play the organ a little bit...

I think i can help.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SuperFireKirby

I sing. I have a little over a 2 octave range.

Also if you need guitar(5 years), percussion(8 years), or someone to play a retardedly easy piano part, I'm your man.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dudeman

I've been playing piano for almost 8 years...I'd love to do something like this!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I've been playing piano for roughly eight years! That's my only thing, but I'm pretty awesomeish at it!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

the_last_sheikah

This looks fun, but sadly, I can't use the vibes or marimba once school ends in a month, so I can't play, I could do the video editing if you'd like.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

MaestroUGC

Good, very good. I'm glad to see you'd like to do this. Very well then, I say we have enough musicians, mainly pianists, to start taking this simple notion foward.

First start, what would the music selection be? I'd personally prefer something of a "VG Greatest Hits" type medley that strings together some of VG music's more popular and well known pieces. Mainly the standards like the SMB Overworld, LoZ Overworld, Tetris, and the like, along with some other popular music but not quite as performed.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Do you have room for one more pianist?
If not, what about an amateur horn player? :3

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 05, 2012, 08:19:44 PMMainly the standards like the SMB Overworld, LoZ Overworld, Tetris, and the like, along with some other popular music but not quite as performed.

so a version of this then?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

K-NiGhT

I think we should vote on a game :0
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Yeah, we should vote and see what song/game/whatever comes up as most popular... then, we'll work it out from there.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel