TWG XXXII: I Want To Be A Princess Post Game

Started by Mashi, May 20, 2012, 06:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Master Wolf - Jub3r7 - :(
Wolf - Raymondbl  - Your reaction to Jub3r7's death was good, but it's unfortunate that you ended up dying the Phase afterwards due to a seering. :(
Wolf -  MaestroUGC - You essentially had the solo the game and almost won!  I'm impressed that you survived for so long, since you haven't played for such a long time.  Good job!

Seer -  the_last_sheikah - You don't cease to amaze me.  You ended up being suspicious of all 3 Wolves in the game and seering them all.  A+++++++++.  Your only mistake this game was announcing that Wrydryn was the Guardian after his death; had you not, you would have survived the Night Phase and would have seered MaestroUGC Red.  But nevertheless, good job!
Guardian - Wrydryn - You apparently became busy and became very inactive after Day 1.  It probably would have been better of you to have told me or Mr. Saturn so that we could have found a replacement, but it''s all right anyhow.

Human - Kman96 - You were wolfed Night 1, but you could say that it was due to the Manti Rule!
Human - vermilionvermin - Yay.
Human - spitllama - Not much occurred by the time you were wolfed, but A+ because I like you!
Human - Dude - Yaaaaaaaaay.
Human - gzgregory - Wolfed Night 2.  You could be like Kman96 and say it was due to the Manti Rule though!
Human – blueflower999 - You trusted both your instincts and the_last_sheikah during the last Day Phase when you voted for MaestroUGC, so good job!
Human – Mandrew! - You didn't really say much, but there really wasn't much to discuss by Day 2, when you were lynched.  Better luck next time then!

First and foremost, I have a confession.

... I am the worst Host ever.

And also, Mr. Saturn and me...

Are different people!!!  That's right folks, I am, in fact, not Mr. Saturn.

With that over it, I want to say that the Wolves had the absolute worst luck this game.  Losing a wolf to a KitB and then having another one seered Red.  Nevertheless, I'm impressed by Raymondbl and MaestroUGC's reaction to Jub3r7's lynching, as well as MaestroUGC's calmness in the rest of the game after Raymondbl was lynched.  The game was rather inactive, but I can't really blame that on anyone, since the game was extraordinarily unlucky for the Wolves.  To be quite frank, the game was actually a bit Human-sided too (but I felt that Wolf performance has improved so drastically lately that it would balance out), but I suppose that chance was against me based on what occurred this game!

To address my terrible performance as Host though.  I feel that I should probably take a break.  So vermilionvermin is probably going to take over (and if he doesn't, I'll force him!) for a few weeks.  Hope you all have fun in later games, anyhow!  And again, sorry for my poor performance!

And before I forget, I'll have a short Player analysis edited in... hopefully!

blueflower999

Verm's a mod now?! Dang!  :D

Anyway, I, too, felt this game was mediocre. Unfortunately, I was away for a lot of it, and I apologize for my absence. Other than that though, I hope for a better game next time. Are you doing host signups, Mashi?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

After I died I so wanted to tell people to vote Maestro. Nice job guys.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

Well played, of course it's easy for the wolves to win when nobody shows an interest. Seeing as how we got a bad break right off the bat and losing Raymond halfway through, I think we actually had a good shot.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

I died, and then I asked one of the hosts if Jub and Maestro were wolves, and they said yes. I was like, "HOLY WTF OMG!!!" because they were my first guesses in the whole game. I could have won this!! grah.

BUT. it was the consecutive posts of Jub and Maestro that tipped me off. Jub said something smart (like always), and then Maestro said something humourously stupid (like I did that one game), "Ok, I admit, I"m not a princess. I'm a duchess." for some reason, it just seemed so fishy, that I had to assume...but then I got a bad feeling that I would be wolfed, and I was... :( worst game ever. I hate not playing, and just watching...

XD this game (TWG) is awesome.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Raymondbl

good game.  I love you all, see you in a month or so.

EDIT: Fine, I'll post my thoughts before I go. 

I am so so sorry Mandrew for doing that to you on your first game, but I just wanted to give the wolves a much needed edge and chose the most suspicious person possible.  Sorry again!

Maestro you did pretty well this game, although you are less experienced than me you did better than me in some aspects.  However at the very end I think you could've made yourself look more human with different wording. 

Quote from: MaestroUGCYou claim you're human, yet you don't prove it.

If it were me, I would've said -
Quote from: RaymondblI'm human too.  We both have no way to prove our humanness, and we have no way of proving each other to be a wolf.  Dude, the game is in your hands.

Mine might not neccesarily have been better though.  It depends on the thinking processes of who you're trying to fool. 

Sheikah,  you did pretty well this game.  However you would've done well to pretend the Guardian's still alive, or not mention the Guardian at all.  Besides that,  A++++++ job for seering me.  Why did you think I was suspicious, though?  I don't get it, I was doing so well!

Dude,you pretty much entered the game late, but good decision making.  I knew the humans were going to win the moment Mashi confirmed you as human.  Good job this game.

Vermillionvermin, I think you kind of got laid back and didn't participate since you knew you were going to get wolfed early.  You've basically given up on TWG.  Stop doing that!  We were nice and let you live for three phases  :'(

Sorry to anyone I didn't analyze, don't have enough info and gotta go!
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Kman96

Hey, I never said anything, but it was my doing that caused Wry to be killed and Dude to be saved...I noticed that Dude was killed, and I went back and counted all of the votes to see who had what votes, and it was a three way tie between Dude, Wry and Maestro. Then Mashi did a KitB between Wry and Maestro because they had phantoms, so I guess that makes sense.

Yup, sorry Wry, but hey- it was a good thing, because Dude ended up winning the game for us, hooray!
Party Hard!
[close]

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Raymondbl on May 21, 2012, 05:06:33 AMSheikah,  you did pretty well this game.  However you would've done well to pretend the Guardian's still alive, or not mention the Guardian at all.  Besides that,  A++++++ job for seering me.  Why did you think I was suspicious, though?  I don't get it, I was doing so well!

2 things:

1) Your claim.  You were reluctant to send one in, and when you did, you said:
QuoteJust a claim.  To tell you I'm Human.  Even though there's only a 3/4th chance that I am.
"only a 3/4th chance"?  Really? You would've been better off not saying that.

2) This post:
QuoteGreat now we lost our best player, with very little evidence he's a wolf. 

Good job. 

Maybe it's my fault for not voting for someone to break the KiTB. 

I hate myself.

you said this after you said you were suspicious of jub.  Who feels bad at that point in the game for killing a suspicion?  Someone who's decoy argument failed.

So yeah, in other news, Gzgregory, Mandrew, sorry for the horrible slightly off suspicions on you two.  Gzgregory, that was an overly analytical thing on my part, and Mandrew, keep playing.  Your n00b-ness and raymond's lie was what did you in, we fell for it, and you didn't have enough evidence to the contrary.  You could do well in the future if you gain a little more experience.

Everyone else, great game, I look forward to playing with you again next game.

EDIT: BTW, what do you mean about talking about the guardian?  Blue said something about him, and I only said something in that big info dump exactly 1 minute before the phase ended so the info wouldn't be lost if I died.  The 1 minute part was incase someone else was wolfed so they wouldn't have time to switch.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Greg

Wow I accomplished almost nothing this game. But I was in the middle of hosting on a different forum, next game should be better!

Mashi

Doodle was never confirmed (very fortunately for me) Human, by the way.  When he was lynched, 4 Players remained and 2 of them had Phantoms. Wrydryn was the Guardian, therefore the possibility of blocking a wolfing was possible; so if there were two Wolves left (the highest number remaining possible), the game would still have continued and not ended if a Human were lynched.

Raymondbl

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on May 21, 2012, 12:15:48 PM1) Your claim.  You were reluctant to send one in, and when you did, you said:"only a 3/4th chance"?  Really? You would've been better off not saying that.
If it were most anyone else, than I wouldn't have been better off not saying that. Actually, I wasn't reluctant to send one in.  I just forgot after I posted, and then suddenly remembered later and gave you one.  I was waiting a few hours for counterclaims.
Quote from: the_last_sheikah on May 21, 2012, 12:15:48 PMyou said this after you said you were suspicious of jub.  Who feels bad at that point in the game for killing a suspicion?  Someone who's decoy argument failed.
um.... no? I kind of dropped the Jub suspicion later on, because there was next to no evidence he's a wolf, and he's one of the most distinguished veterans, so anyone would feel slightly uncomfortable he was lynched (unless there was much evidence against him, but it is the contrary). 
Quote from: the_last_sheikah on May 21, 2012, 12:15:48 PMGzgregory, that was an overly analytical thing on my part
You over analyzed me too, my actions in this game have been common in previous humans. 
Quote from: the_last_sheikah on May 21, 2012, 12:15:48 PMEDIT: BTW, what do you mean about talking about the guardian?  Blue said something about him, and I only said something in that big info dump exactly 1 minute before the phase ended so the info wouldn't be lost if I died.  The 1 minute part was incase someone else was wolfed so they wouldn't have time to switch.
OK then, but usually it's still better to not say anything at all.  I was keeping an eye on the game, and I would have done the same as Maestro, take my chances and wolf you. 

MaestroUGC

It doesn't matter if you hold information until the final hour, if its revealing then it will change the game.

Raymondbl

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 21, 2012, 01:37:04 PMIt doesn't matter if you hold information until the final hour, if its revealing then it will change the game.
Unless there's not going to be any more night phases after that one. 

the_last_sheikah

that was the idea.

and hey, it doesn't really matter know, game's over, truths revealed. you and jub were a team, no denying that.  mistakes were made on everyone's part, they were exploited,the game was won,we look back, we learn, and G.B.E.D. (get better every day)
oh god, I just used my school principal's motto in a "normal" conversation...wut...the...wut...?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!