[NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Multiple Songs

Started by SlowPokemon, September 10, 2010, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I don't know how I'm supposed to play a duet by myself but that's fine.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

I used to make a lot of duets when I first joined NSM last year, but then I realized not many people would have the means to be able to play them. Besides, you get a whole lot more brownie points for making a good solo out of hard song than if you write a duet.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on May 26, 2012, 08:42:52 AMI used to make a lot of duets when I first joined NSM last year, but then I realized not many people would have the means to be able to play them. Besides, you get a whole lot more brownie points for making a good solo out of hard song than if you write a duet.
Making a duet only because you can't make it a solo is a cheap cop-out.

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 26, 2012, 08:47:43 AMMaking a duet only because you can't make it a solo is a cheap cop-out.

I'd say that depends on the song. Sometimes it is a cop-out, but is not always like that. I'm referring to songs like "Together We Ride". A solo version would sound 'incomplete'.  :-\

Shadoninja

Quote from: WarioMan98 on May 26, 2012, 08:53:09 AMI'd say that depends on the song. Sometimes it is a cop-out, but is not always like that. I'm referring to songs like "Together We Ride". A solo version would sound 'incomplete'.  :-\
Well that's the unfortunate truth we as arrangers have to face. We could move or merge parts to fit, but ultimately we have to be prepared to cut out parts that don't work or offer them as ossia alternatives.

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 26, 2012, 09:27:34 AMWell that's the unfortunate truth we as arrangers have to face. We could move or merge parts to fit, but ultimately we have to be prepared to cut out parts that don't work or offer them as ossia alternatives.

So true.  :(
This is only a personal experience: when I did "Head Honcho Carpaccio" it was a solo, but nearly at the end of the song there was an awesome second melody and I was really frustrated because I couldn't put it in, so I decided to do a Duet only for that and other minor things.  :P

MoboMoga

Quote from: Shadoninja on May 26, 2012, 08:39:18 AMWhy can't you make it a solo piano?

cuz I'm sorta a perfectionist...I want to include as much details as I can, and i think it'll be incomplete  :P :P

and ya, i understand that many people can't play duets on their own...I really apologize. This is my first transcription, so I sorta suck, compared with you guys  ;)

but as i gain experience, i'll realize i'll have to cut some parts (sad but truth  :'(), and I hope to become a better transcript-or in the future!  ;D ;D

MoboMoga

and does anyone know the tempo for battle hall? i set it up as 124

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on May 28, 2012, 06:59:51 PMand does anyone know the tempo for battle hall? i set it up as 124

It's a very jazzy swing song, so it should have a faster tempo in order to properly accommodate swing eighths.  So it's around 242.

MoboMoga