MoboMoga's Arrangements (NEW! Pokemon DPPt - Spotted! Galactic Cosplayer)

Started by MoboMoga, May 30, 2012, 07:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoboMoga

Shadoninja

Battle Hall

Not a bad arrangement. However, it's a bit clunky and lacking swing. Have you heard what it sounds like when it's not playing the midi data? Take a listen.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on May 30, 2012, 09:03:08 PMya i did. srry y'all!! it's my first arrangement, from now on please give me advices, i know you guys are great at transcribing!! i really apologize!!  :'(
Don't sweat it. Most of the notes are correct at least. Had I attempted this for my first arrangement, it would be much worse.

To get the proper swing feel, you'd need to up the tempo, double the note durations and add a swing marking (probably can't do that in notepad)

Maybe this song is too difficult for a first arrangement, compounded by the fact that you did a duet.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on May 30, 2012, 10:01:32 PMthanks for the advice!!  ;D but im much to worn out to do any edits for now, and like you said, this was too much for me  :(.. but I really love this song, and I was passionate!! ;D
Excellent, passion is good. Start out with something easier and gradually get better. Then, maybe you could tackle this.

I await your next project.

SlowPokemon

Great advice, also not all of us are great at transcribing. Plenty of amateurs, me included, are part of this site.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Did someone say "amateur"? Here I am!

Yeah, I'm no pro arranger either. (I just like to flatter myself. :P)
(I especially hate arranging unclear bass lines)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

I'd go "Let's Ask Professor Rowan!" personally, idk though. It's your choice.

Also yeah you're about the same age as a good portion of our members. I was only a freshman when I first joined. The trick is to use Finale a LOT. Arrange or compose whatever you can, with whatever instruments you can. You'll learn more through experience than anything. One thing that's good practice is to try to "re-score" a movie scene, in other words write different music for it than actually is in the film. Or you could try to write music based on a book, or scenes from a book, or even video games. Write and arrange lots of music, it's what's allowed me to learn more about music. And I'm still really amateurish, hahaha.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 31, 2012, 04:00:41 PMI'd go "Let's Ask Professor Rowan!" personally, idk though. It's your choice.

I would also choose "Let's Ask Professor Rowan!".

Another thing you could try is to pick a random arrangement on the site and listen to the midi. Try to transcribe the melody and/or bass and then you can compare and contrast what you've written with what the arranger wrote. Preferably you should pick ones that were uploaded within the last year or two.

Jompa

I think you found the ideal transcribable! Good luck Mobo!
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 06, 2012, 03:27:01 PMCan anyone help me with the first high note and the chromatic ones that follow with it? Can't identify....
I think after 'em, there's 4 B's... please correct me if I'm wrong...

Also in my "fav part" those little fast notes, can't recog them...
for what song?

DonValentino

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 12, 2012, 10:53:16 AMuploaded Pokemon Black/White - Cold Storage/Twist Mountain

Hi, and welcome! Your arrangements are nice indeed. Only thing:
Quote from: Olimar12345this isnt "Ninmidimusic"

Yep. Take a look at this. You should ask if someone could reformat the .mus so it looks like that example. I'm telling you this because if you decide to submit someday, you should have the .mus files in order.

Anyways, that doesn't mean you can't continue working with Noteflight either.  :)

Well, nothing else. Nice to see another arranger around here!  :D

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Heh, I was actually planning on doing the DPPt Lake theme myself if you don't mind  ::) 
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

Quote from: MoboMoga on June 24, 2012, 04:50:45 PMis it okay if someone arranged a duet, and i transcribed it into a solo but i put my name one it??
If you reduce someone's piano duet into a solo score, you should add your name but not replace the name.

Example:

Good
Arranged by MoboMoga, Shadoninja

Bad
Arranged by MoboMoga