NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2012, 12:43:18 AMYes, hardly.  That's the one Wii game released in the last year that has been remotely interesting.  Kirby games were meh.  Maybe DKC was decent, though I never played it.

I wasn't speaking about 3DS, that's a different problem.  I don't recall if Pikmin was supposed to be a launch title, but still that's one game that I might care about.  The new mario games aren't anything interesting or different like Mario Galaxy was, but rather glorified expansion packs for New Super Mario Bros.

It's good that they're finally gotten some decent titles out on 3DS, but I'm still going to wait until the new hardware is out whether it's a remodel or next generation.

I suppose being stuck as a Nintendo fanboy makes you ignorant of how little the platform gets in terms of content.

Major games released on most every other platform in just the past 6 months:

Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Diablo 3
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
Soul Caliber V

And there were plenty more released in the holiday season of 2011 as well as a bunch I didn't list for 2012.

I am not merely a Nintendo fanboy.
The 3DS has plenty of good titles: Kid Icarus Uprising, Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast! :P In addition to those, they also have classics on the EShop and the DS-i Ware games.
Back on the subject of Mario games: Well, that's Mario games! For most of the games, it keeps the same basic formula,  but adds something a little different to each game.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 14, 2012, 06:00:37 PMNot all people own the consoles that those games originally came out on; people aren't going to buy a PS3 JUST for Arkham City. Dedicated Nintendo fans will have just another reason to buy the Wii U, and new customers (mostly coming from other systems) will be enticed to 'try' the Wii U out because they know Arkham City is such a good game, and 'stay' for the (hopefully) Nintendo
I don't get this portion of your post. If someone only had a wii and wanted to play games like  arkham city, why the hell would they wait for a release? They'd still have to buy another console to play it.

My God, it's supposed to be about the games, not the consoles...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 15, 2012, 02:05:49 AMI am not merely a Nintendo fanboy.
The 3DS has plenty of good titles: Kid Icarus Uprising, Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast! :P In addition to those, they also have classics on the EShop and the DS-i Ware games.
Back on the subject of Mario games: Well, that's Mario games! For most of the games, it keeps the same basic formula,  but adds something a little different to each game.

Alright: of the four 3DS games you mentioned... two are remakes, and one is Pokemon Rumble Blast, which while somewhat fun for a brief time isn't really a great title. I don't own the game, but I have played it. Kid Icarus is good based on everything I've heard though, as is Super Mario 3D Land, Cave Story 3D (the original version of which is available on the eShop), and Mario Kart 7. And New Super Mario Bros. 2 does look promising. The problem is, so many remakes are being showcased and not enough new material. Even promising games like NSMB 2 are still using the same old formula (albeit in a new way).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2012, 12:43:18 AMKirby games were meh. 
Both Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland were quite good, actually. But yeah pretty much everything else you said was completely accurate.

If Nintendo wants to win people over, they can have all the fancy, new gizmo's they like. But if they don't have exciting, new titles to back it up then it will just be a another disappointment in the eyes of Nintendo fans, hard-core gamers, and everyone else not in the family/casual gaming scope of consumers.

Zelda, DK, Kirby, Starfox, POKEMON STADIUM, EARTHBBOUND(how awesome would that be?). Where are the 1st party games that would really blow us away? They ain't there.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Cave Story doesn't really count either since it's an ancient PC game any reasonable person would have played multiple times before the 3DS was even announced.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Exactly my point, it wasn't anything new. It was good, like the other remakes, but nothing new.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 15, 2012, 02:20:11 AMI don't get this portion of your post. If someone only had a wii and wanted to play games like  arkham city, why the hell would they wait for a release? They'd still have to buy another console to play it.

My God, it's supposed to be about the games, not the consoles...

Those are people who are going to buy a Wii U anyway (Nintendo's loyal customers, people newer to consoles, etc.); not just for one specific game... that's not even an exclusive.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 15, 2012, 10:00:54 AMBoth Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland were quite good, actually. But yeah pretty much everything else you said was completely accurate.

If Nintendo wants to win people over, they can have all the fancy, new gizmo's they like. But if they don't have exciting, new titles to back it up then it will just be a another disappointment in the eyes of Nintendo fans, hard-core gamers, and everyone else not in the family/casual gaming scope of consumers.

Zelda, DK, Kirby, Starfox, POKEMON STADIUM, EARTHBBOUND(how awesome would that be?). Where are the 1st party games that would really blow us away? They ain't there.

...I, personally, can do without Earthbound. :P
But a revival of a true Pokemon Stadium would tie in well with Black 2 and White 2.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2012, 11:11:40 AMCave Story doesn't really count either since it's an ancient PC game any reasonable person would have played multiple times before the 3DS was even announced.

Well, I guess I'm not a "reasonable person?" :P
I haven't even played it yet...  ::)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

You're not a reasonable person for not wanting another EarthBound game. Also, triple post...?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Zunawe

Just put it all into one long one.

I've never played EarthBound, but it looks cool, and I'll have to try it somehow.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 15, 2012, 12:07:21 PMYou're not a reasonable person for not wanting another EarthBound game. Also, triple post...?

I was responding to three different posts; I'm used to other forums, and I find it harder to respond to multiple people in one giant post on this forum.
I do not like Earthbound; it is quite weird (not only Giygas, both most of the whole thing :P), and doesn't really appeal to me overall. I despise playing as Ness and Lucas and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, being that they don't deal much damage, and don't take a lot of hits easily without just flying off the stage (that's why their stage is so huge: to give them an advantage :P). Their final smashes are a bit lackluster, as I see the games. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Lol, don't deal much damage? Have you ever tried Smash Up with Lucas? Also, how does how good of a game you think Earthbound is translate to how good the SSB characters are?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Zunawe on June 15, 2012, 01:03:55 PMLol, don't deal much damage? Have you ever tried Smash Up with Lucas? Also, how does how good of a game you think Earthbound is translate to how good the SSB characters are?

^this, also their stage doesn't give them an advantage, nor does playing as them require you to choose that stage

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on June 15, 2012, 01:03:55 PMLol, don't deal much damage? Have you ever tried Smash Up with Lucas? Also, how does how good of a game you think Earthbound is translate to how good the SSB characters are?

Yes, especially worthless when your opponent knocks you up in the air. :P

And, good sir, I do not believe that you actually read my post: I NEVER once said that I did not like the game because of their SSBB characters, nor any correlation between these two things; merely a fact I pointed out. We are on the topic of Nintendo, aren't we?

Quotethis, also their stage doesn't give them an advantage, nor does playing as them require you to choose that stage

Why does it seem that, everywhere I go, every single person insists on utterly misenterpreting my words, and taking their definition as truth, using them to generalize me? Is it a lack of communication and emotion that arises on the internet?  :o
While we're on the topic of Brawl, yes, their stage does give them quite an advantage: they can easily flee, and dash around the stage; if they are knocked back, they usually end up farther from the edge of the stage. The large distance makes it easier for them to use their PK Thunder attack to push themselves back up. As I have pointed out, I did not once say that you are "required" to choose their stage.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber