News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

blueflower999

No Olimar in Pikmin 3...?  :(
Bulbear! Blueflower999

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo presser was meh. Most interesting new content was Pikmin 3 and new Paper Mario. Otherwise, everything was just 3rd party games that have been on other consoles already and already announced titles without much more to show. (New Super Mario Bros, Luigis Mansion) Ubisoft zombie game is kind of interesting? But then they just went into all the gimmicky party games and stuff I was afraid they would have too much of with Wii U :\ Not even any new 3DS hardware and really there weren't any big game reveals.... hopefully there will be more later in the conference but eh.

No pricing or more specific launch details either ._. I guess news of 2 gamepad use is nice but it's just another "well we actually can't show you anything but it's potential..!" that I really don't like to see from them anymore

I'm hoping that the dedicated 3DS conference will have some new game reveals and possibly something about hardware, maybe enough to make me finally consider a purchase. The nintendoland deal is amusing but being that it's nothing but 11 minigames in one package makes me a bit annoyed that they spent so much time on it. Especially ending with it, didn't seem like a good move at all.

There still is the dev roundtable tonight however, so I would expect additional announcements at that point.

I wasn't able to watch the other two much, but the trailers from Sony's event plus wherever Watch Dogs came from were definitely the best of the conference.  Also, the new Splinter Cell game looks fantastic.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

In case anyone missed it: PIKMIN 3

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I just wanted Pikmin 3, so I'm happy.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Anyone else notice that there aren't any White or Purple Pikmin in the trainer?  ??? Sure hope they get put in the game...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is a strange name (though it's FAR better than Paper Mario STICKER STAR which sounds retarded) but it looks promising.

I wasn't a HUGE fan of Nintendo's press conference because 75% of the stuff that looks mildly promising, we've already heard of or know about.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Scribblenauts Unlimited, hurrah! I'm glad there's another one of these games. It looks awesome.

also lol those names srsly

I hope tomorrow's conference, which I have to miss completely in lieu for studying for a huge test, is 3DS... we better get Animal Crossing info.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I found it to be just meh. A few of the games looked kinda fun like New Super Mario Bros. 2, but there wasn't the explosion of epic new games you would expect with a new system. Also, NintendoLand? What's up with that? From what I gathered it's serves the same purpose as Wii Sports for the Wii, but I didn't get any hints that it would come with the system (which it should). I'm looking forward to new 3DS features much more than the Wii U.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Taser9090

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 05, 2012, 01:02:14 PMAnyone else notice that there aren't any White or Purple Pikmin in the trainer?  ??? Sure hope they get put in the game...
When you see the intro, you can see flying Pikmin. They weren't introduced at all during the presentation, so you can be sure there are more Pikmin waiting to be introduced. Let's just hope the white and purple aren't forgotten in this game.

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 05, 2012, 09:24:59 AMNo Olimar in Pikmin 3...?  :(
They said they had a good reason for that. For now, I'm waiting for a good back story on these leaders.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Reggi's flame eyes....I...I don't...even...Reggi's flame eyes...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

E3 ended up being like Facebook stock.

fabbemannen

Personally I liked the showcasing of the Wii U hardware and basic stuff in it, while the games for it just was meh.
I'll probably get the 2 NSMB-games and Paper Mario. Hopefully Luigi's Mansion later on too.

Oh well, I'm waiting the 3DS-conference

About the winner so far, Ubisoft. Rayman Legends will be one of my first games on the Wii U without a doubt

Taser9090

Hey, the 3DS show is still today, so I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman