News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

E3 2012 Topic

Started by blueflower999, June 02, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How was E3 this year?

I loved it!
0 (0%)
It was pretty good. There were a few games that caught my eye.
10 (47.6%)
Meh. They could've done better.
10 (47.6%)
Not good at all. I'm not buying a Wii U.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

fingerz

Now THEY look cool. Seeing that brings my hopes up for the Wii U. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

I think the Wii U will do bettr than most people will assume after watching E3. It seems the overall reaction for Nintendo was polarizing this year, between the people who watched online and the people who got to experience the games. Most of the complaints I see revolve around a lack luster presentation (fair enough) and Nintendo Land, yet Nintendo Land has gotten high praise from the audience at E3. I think we'll see some more stuff from Nintendo in the coming months, though I doubt we'll see anything from Mario or Zelda before the Holidays.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 08, 2012, 01:32:17 AMI think the Wii U will do bettr than most people will assume after watching E3. It seems the overall reaction for Nintendo was polarizing this year, between the people who watched online and the people who got to experience the games. Most of the complaints I see revolve around a lack luster presentation (fair enough) and Nintendo Land, yet Nintendo Land has gotten high praise from the audience at E3. I think we'll see some more stuff from Nintendo in the coming months, though I doubt we'll see anything from Mario or Zelda before the Holidays.

Agree with everything in here.  Nintendo Land actually looks a LOT better than Wii Sports, and Pikmin 3 just looks amazing.  I guess NSMBU looks fun, but doesn't seem that different from the Wii title.

fabbemannen

Quote from: Zunawe on June 07, 2012, 10:19:52 AM*Zelda-related quote*
I both hope and assume that it will be similar to Twilight Princess.
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if both the 3DS-Zelda and WiiU-Zelda will be similar to Twilight Princess (for 3DS, a mix between TP and OoT)

@maestro I have high hopes for the Wii U. Cheap price and it's a winner.
I see so many possibilities with the Gamepad (Mii Chase looked epic at last years E3)

Zunawe

Does anybody else always use Deku Sticks to beat Deadhand in the BotW?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

You are REALLY good at topic derailing... lol :3
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

Is sorry. . . but E3 is basically over, and we can only say the same thing so many times.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

fingerz

Quote from: Zunawe on June 09, 2012, 02:59:33 PMIs sorry. . . but E3 is basically over, and we can only say the same thing so many times.
Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: fingerz on June 12, 2012, 02:46:23 PMIsn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? Isn't the Wii U fabulous? :P
SPAM

blueflower999

Well according to the poll, no one was really totally satisfied with this year's E3. I have to agree, I was sort of hoping for a little big more from the Big N. But at least I got Pikmin 3.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

The only thing I was expecting from Nintendo was Pikmin 3, so I went home very happy.

One thing I've learned after watching E3 for years now, don't expect anything. Sure you can look for a game or two, but if you expect for a company to always produce A+ titles each year you will only leave disappointed. No expectations means no disappointment.

Also, I keep hearing how people are mad over the lack of Smash 4...I don't get it either.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Well they made an announcement saying it would come. Of course, that doesn't mean it would be right away. So idk either.

And I dunno Maestro, Pixar seems to make fantastic movies each year, always meeting their marks. It's definitely possible to be A+ every year.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: spitllama on June 12, 2012, 04:59:35 PMWell they made an announcement saying it would come. Of course, that doesn't mean it would be right away. So idk either.

And I dunno Maestro, Pixar seems to make fantastic movies each year, always meeting their marks. It's definitely possible to be A+ every year.

No, they don't. Cars was abysmal, as was the second. And Brave is getting some meh reviews from what I've seen. Most of the others are good, though, my favorite being Ratatouille.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

*complete topic derail* Slow, how could you say that about Cars 2???

SlowPokemon

Eh it was sort of enjoyable, but not a masterpiece.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.