News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

GTA IV: best game ever?

Started by razer84, April 26, 2008, 07:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meotos

KefkaticFanatic

However, everybody knows that Ocarina of Time is overrated and that the true best game of all time is Portal.

me irl
[close]

Meotos

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 18, 2008, 06:51:03 PMHowever, everybody knows that Ocarina of Time is overrated and that the true best game of all time is Portal.
Ya, Portal is a great game as well, hopefully Portal 2 will be great too.

The cake is a lie.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Harvest

hm, I was thinking that GTAIV was going to overtake The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion as my favourite game ever, but I guess not.  I don't play it much and it is a little repetitive, and frustrating with that DAMN COP SYSTEM.
-

urmom2

If they ever make a another GTA then gamers should send RockStar a petition to make a better cop system.  ;D

Harvest

I'm hoping for GTA:GTA (Greater Toronto Area)  would be so awesome.

Could be called GTA City.  Its getting pretty bad for crime there and would be nice for the series to depart from America and head up to Canada.

We have guns here too you know...
-

Tompa

What's so special about GTA IV anyway? Isn't it basically the same as GTA 3/SA/VC?
I never liked any of those three, GTA2 was the greatest because that's 2D and 2D kicks ass.

Harvest

oh sweet, this game is getting amazing.

If you get a cop car you can access the computer in it and fight crimes.  Now there is a most wanted list where you have to track down certain criminals and kill them.
-

PianoMan

Quote from: Beethoven II on April 26, 2008, 09:59:51 AMWhat? Another game of shooting people and bcoming a dangerous criminal?  !0/10? Bunch of crap.
I agree.

Harvest

-

Egnio

Is there such a thing as "Best game ever"?

I don't care about ratings. A game that is released for one console can get a different rating for another console even if they're virtually the same, but were reviewed by a different person (Look on IGN for Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for Xbox and PS2, there's a huge difference, but I've palyed both and I can tell you they're the same (but Xbox needs no memory card)).

Zelda OoT was great, and so was GTA4, but i don't see why they should be "best games ever" either. That's probably for fanboys only.

By the way, mine's Chrono Trigger, Followed by TimeSplitters Future Perfect and Dead Rising.
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

Harvest

I thought Dead Rising was terrible.
-

Egnio

Quote from: Harvest on May 29, 2008, 03:22:14 PMI thought Dead Rising was terrible.

I checked Gamefaqs' top 10 Xbox 360 games and Dead Rising spent quite a while on the 5th position until games like Mass Effect and Devil May Cry 4 started to appear in groups, and it had quite good sales. Game's really good unless you have a low tolerance level for it's flaws :P
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

Harvest

I definitely have a low tolerance for its flaws.
-