"Super Mario Series for Piano" by Alfred, worth it?

Started by Lemming16, June 16, 2012, 06:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemming16

Hi guys. I am thinking 'bout buying this "Super Mario Series for Piano" book (Alfred) . Do you guys think its worth it? having already the music sheets from NinSheetMusic? Thanks in advance!.

SlowPokemon

Yes, easily, as they are professionally arranged pieces coming directly from Nintendo. The book is high quality, you won't be disappointed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I'd only recommend the intermediate version, though. Same with the Zelda songbook-they're both fantastic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

same thing, though don't plan on learning hyrule field if you get zelda, the last couple pages are RIDICULOUSLY hard

Lemming16

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for your answers!, as you guys recommended, it just ordered it :D, it is the intermediate version, even though i'm learning, i decided i should learn them the "real" way. I didn't ordered the Zelda one, since most of the songs i like of Zelda, are only the classical ones.

Now i just have to pray so it arrives (I live in Mexico (therefore my bad english), and shippings takes a long time, and sometimes they don't even get to its destination).

insaneintherain

Lol, it's not really worth it. Most of the arrangements are equal or lesser in quality to those on the site, and the page binding is absolutely terrible. Waste of money.

SlowPokemon

Actually, the arrangements are quite excellent.

insaneintherain

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 22, 2012, 05:02:29 AMActually, the arrangements are quite excellent.
At least in the Zelda one. I guess that's largely opinion... and hand size.

SlowPokemon

Yeah I was disappointed in the Zelda one because many were unplayable or ridiculously hard. But I love the Mario one.

insaneintherain

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 22, 2012, 10:57:03 AMYeah I was disappointed in the Zelda one because many were unplayable or ridiculously hard. But I love the Mario one.
Maybe I should have got the Mario one then.

SlowPokemon

Mhm, the Zelda one has too many remixes of the main theme as well as many practically unplayable arrangements :P

insaneintherain

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 22, 2012, 12:10:50 PMMhm, the Zelda one has too many remixes of the main theme as well as many practically unplayable arrangements :P
They got desperate for music. They should have chosen other songs like Kokiri Village or more Phantom Hourglass things.