The Official FSM Blog

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 02, 2012, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM's performances:

FSM-Reapr: Improvised Concert
[other songs retracted cuz major friend fuck-ups]

FSM-Reapr

July 3rd 2012

Hi to everybody! The reason I started this blog in Ninsheetmusic, was that in here someone will read it! In here I will post everything about FSM. The beginning of FSM was on last Boxing Day, after me and my friend had performed Bespinben's ''New Wave Bossa Nova'' on piano and on sax in a local retirement home. One of the old peoples son came to talk to me and asked:''Could you play in my wedding?'' I said yes, and we started a band and we asked two of our friends to join us. And now we have a 9000 dollar gig ahead of us. And so FSM was born.
The FSM's Members:

Me:1st piano/lead male vocal/(electric/acoustic/jazz)guitar/2nd keyboard/organs               -Sibelius Academy Student
Karoliina(Karo,Caroline): 1st (tenor/alto/soprano)sax/lead female vocal/3rd piano              -Sibelius Academy Student
Markus(Make):2nd piano/male vocal/1st keyboard/2nd (tenor/alto/soprano)sax                 -Sibelius Academy Student
Jaakko(Jake) road manager/sound tech/elec. & ac. rhythm guitar                                      -DJ on a local club

Guest Performers and Arrangement Help:

Kane Johnson                                -Guest Performer
Bespinben                                     -Arranger
spitllama                                       -Arranger
fingerz                                          -Arranger
Toni Mäkelä                                   -Friend, Arranger
DekuTrombonist                            -Arranger
Dusk                                             -Arranger
Shadoninja                                    -Arranger
GoTFCanada1230                           -Arranger
Feel free to comment! Criticists welcome!

My channel where I'll upload FSM's perfomances:

www.youtube.com/user/guywiththeredpikmin

FSM-Reapr

(Still) July 3rd 2012

Gig #1 The Wedding/Bespinben's Heroic ACT: August 13th 2012

The Wedding Gig Playlist(FINAL):

VGM:

PMD2: Sharpedo Bluff /Bespinben (1st piano)

TLoZ:SS: Romance in the Air(duet) /Bespinben (two pianos+1st alto sax)

TLoZ:SS: Fi's Gratitude /Bespinben & ALPRAS (2nd piano)

PMD2: Mt. Travail AKA The Bride's Entrance /Bespinben & Me (REAL organs :D )

KI:U: Solo Menu (ac. guitar+1st tenor sax)

KI:U: Solo Menu(Viridi) /Bespinben (2nd piano+1st elec. guitar)

KI:U: Together Menu (elec. guitar+1st keyboard+1st tenor sax)

KI:U: Lightning Battle /Me & Caroline [elec. guitar+1st alto sax(This song is tough)]

PMD1: Friend Area- Swamp /Bespinben (ac. guitar+2nd piano)

PMD1: Friend Area- Steppe /Bespinben (1st piano)

TLoZ:25th Anniversary: Gerudo Valley(duet) /spitllama (elec. guitar+elec. rhythm guitar+2nd piano+3rd piano)

SM3DL: Jazzy Overworld(duet) /fingerz (two pianos+1st tenor sax)

Kirby's Dream Collection(CD): Dreaming of Tomorrow /Toni Mäkelä (1st piano+1st alto sax)

FSM: "Couple's Dance"
SMB: Underwater /DekuTrombonist (1st piano+1st tenor sax+1st keyboard)
SMG: Comet Observatory(1) /GoTFCanada1230 (1st piano+1 tenor sax)
TLoZ:SS: Romance in the Air(still duet) /Bespinben (2 pianos)

Own covers:

Egotrippi: Matkustaja(trans. Passenger)  (lead male vocal and elec. guitar+1st keyboard+1st tenor sax)

Anssi Kela: Mikan Faijan BMW(Mika's Dad's BMW) (lead male vocal and elec. guitar+1st keyboard+1st alto sax+ac. rhythm guitar)

Maarit: Jäätelökesä(Ice-Cream Summer) (lead female vocal+elec. guitar+1st keyboard)

Cody Simpson: On My Mind (male vocal+elec. guitar+1st alto sax)

Gotye: Somebody That I Used to Know (lead male vocal and ac. guitar)

The Beatles: All You Need is Love (lead male vocal and ac. guitar+male vocal and 1st keyboard+1st soprano sax)

Curly: Stay (lead female vocal+1st piano+1st keyboard)

Coldplay: Fix You (lead male vocal and elec. guitar+1st keyboard+elec. rhythm guitarist)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Heads Will Roll (lead female vocal, 1st alto sax+male vocal, 1st keyboard+elec. guitar)

Nicki Minaj: Starships (lead female vocal+ac. guitar+2nd tenor sax)

Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch: Good Vibration (lead female vocal+male vocal and 1st keyboard+1st piano)

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes: (I've Had) Time of my Life (lead male vocal+lead female vocal+2nd piano)

Whitney Houston: I Have Nothing (lead female vocal+lead male vocal,1st piano AND 2nd keyboard+2nd soprano sax)

The Beatles: I Should Have Known Better (lead male vocal and elec. guitar+male vocal, 1st keyboard+1st alto sax)

Own songs:

FSM: Lapin Kalliot(The Cliffs of Lapland)

FSM: Sandbag

FSM: Broken Shelter

FSM: Virtaava Sielu(Flowing Soul)

FSM-Reapr

4th of July(Happy Independence Day, USA!)

1st Official FSM Practice. Three of our own songs done and practiced to perfect. Now we're working on the ''Starships'' cover.

FSM-Reapr

5th of July

FSM is going to the Pori Jazz 2012! We're going on the 21st to listen awesome music by (for example:) The Bad Plus feat. Joshua Redman, Norah Jones, The Northern Governors and Led Zeppelin!

FSM-Reapr

7th of July

2nd and 3rd Official FSM Practices. "Starships", "Sandbag", "I Have Nothing", "Good Vibration", "Lightning Battle", "Heads will Roll", "Matkustaja" and "I Should Have Known Better" are all under control. Pretty good progress so far, even if I do say so myself.  :) Now working on the "Time of my Life" cover.

PS: Bespinben, still waiting...  ;)

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxnc2eoPjSs Nuff said.

Pretty sick, huh.

spitllama

Ok it is what I thought. You're playing that at a wedding?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Only "All You Need Is Love"(idea from the movie "Love Actually") and "Mt. Travail" will be performed in the actual wedding ceremony, but all the rest are performed in the celebration(what's the word?) after it. You know, where the speeches and toasts are told.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FSM-Reapr

9th of July

We're going to take all our instruments to the Pori Jazz trip. Why? I'll tell you. We pack everything to Jake's Volkswagen Transport, and 'cause we are a band, we get a room(WITH A DISCOUNT! :D)from the Pori's best hotel's band floor where most of the huge names are staying! We asked, and it's all under control! Apparently some ''Bob Brozman'' guy is leaving the day before we come, so we get his room! Awesome!

4th Official FSM Practice. "Time of my Life", "FA- Steppe", "Gerudo Valley", "FA- Swamp" and "Jazzy Overworld" done 'n' done!

fingerz

Oh, awesome!! :D
I didn't realise you were doing this! Please tell me how it goes performing those songs! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

FSM-Reapr