Main Menu

The Official FSM Blog

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 02, 2012, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM's performances:

FSM-Reapr: Improvised Concert
[other songs retracted cuz major friend fuck-ups]

spitllama

Oh oops. He sent me some links through PM. Reapr y u no share links with everybody?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

We haven't been practicing for a long time, but we will on the Pori Jazz trip!  :D

We added one last song to the playlist: ''Dreaming of Tomorrow''
Here's the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqC_ChmLcW8&;

Also the Gerudo Valley has some changes. Caroline will be now the 3rd piano, and our road manager has showed that he can be a rhythm guitarist, so that's great.

FSM-Reapr

28th of July

Ok, currently on the hotel's roof arranging Solo Menu(Palutena) for guitar. The trip was the best weekend I've ever had!
First of all:
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 10, 2012, 01:03:56 PMOnly the band, Bespinben and Norah Jones knows what it means. It's a secret to everybody.
Fixed. We met Norah WHEN SHE CAME TO KNOCK OUR ROOM'S DOOR, 'cause we were practicing too loud and apparently well so she was interested to see who's sleeping here. She obviously didn't know who we were, so we explained that we are a band who isn't performing this year on the festival, but we couldn't miss these festivals. She really liked our Caroline's singing voice, one of the best voices she has ever heard, she said. We talked about "Sandbag", she gave great criticism and we taught her to say "Thank you" in Finnish. We actually hadn't planned to go to her gig, but (of course) Karo wanted to see her performance.
We met a lot of great bands on the trip, including Paul Anka's band, The Bad Plus, Norah Jones' band and Emeli Sandé and talked to Aaron Neville. Awesome!
We left 3am driving, 'cause we didn't want to miss a thing! We drove about 130 miles from Helsinki to Pori. We arrived 5am and went to the room sleep. We woke 11am for breakfast. The hotel's breakfast had WAYYYYYYYY too much people so we ate in Subway. Then we went to buy food and "something to drink" for the piknik at Kirjurinluoto Arena(it's a tradition in the Pori Jazz). The Jazz Street was also worth of looking for.
Everybody we went to see:
Sat. 21st:
2pm: Auteur Jazz
3:30pm: The Bad Plus feat. Joshua Redman (there were just good Pluses)
5:15pm: Aaron Neville (Grandpa still got it, awesome performance)
7:15pm: Paul Anka (He sure knows how to perform: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5YT6UgPwQ )
And then we went to practice for 2 hours.
12pm: Maverick Sabre
1:00am: Janelle Monaé
Sun. 22nd:
2:30pm: The Northern Governors (Best Finnish band in the festival: www.youtube.com/watch?v=16x9rq4mzUY )
4pm: Robert Randolph & the Family Band
5:30pm: Norah Jones (She was AWESOME)
And then practicing for 3 hours(our average prac. time)
10:15pm: Osmo Ikonen
12pm: Final Jam Session hosted by Mikko Karjalainen

But yeah, IT WAS GREAT!
I'll post how the practices went next week. Too tired to remember.

FSM-Reapr

1 of August (my 1-month anniversary in NSM) :)

Apparently mouth-to-mouth advertising works. :D We got another gig. It's only a 1-hour gig, but we'll make them the best hour in their life! :D It's an office celebration. Kinda like a summer Christmas party. :P Better start planning this gig!

Bespinben, you can relax!(after my requests are done) ;)

FSM-Reapr

Bespinben

Awesome playlist. Looks like I made my revised version of "Bubbles Shining Over the Sea" at just the right time!

If I may suggest, there's a particularly good piano arrangement of the GSC/HG/SS Game Corner theme here (feel free to glissando from the top as an intro):
http://www.jill-jenn.net/score/documents/gamecorner.pdf

...I'm very curious as to how you're going to go about mashing up Kirby and Primal Dialga :P
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bespinben on August 05, 2012, 04:45:19 PMIf I may suggest, there's a particularly good piano arrangement of the GSC/HG/SS Game Corner theme here (feel free to glissando from the top as an intro):
http://www.jill-jenn.net/score/documents/gamecorner.pdf
It all depends what instruments we're going to use. I'll think about it.

Quote from: Bespinben on August 05, 2012, 04:45:19 PM...I'm very curious as to how you're going to go about mashing up Kirby and Primal Dialga :P

Me too. :P

FSM-Reapr

6th of August

I'm very happy to announce after a very intense Skype chat that we have our first guest performer!
Aplodes for Kanerva "Kane" Johnson, everybody! :D

FSM-Reapr

7th of August

Listening Fingerz' Jazzy Overworld Duet MIDI. Luv it. ;)
It's not looking good... Bespinben is having trouble with the deadline, 'cause he still has 4 songs to do... :O
We also decided that all recordings will be done in studios, so you can expect good quality! :D
Anyway, I'm bored so here's how the practices have gone.

5th and 6th Practices(Pori Jazz):
This time we did something different. We went outside on a small area of grass near the Cumulus hotel to practice. SOO MANY people went past us, so that's why I added this information. Like a 1000 people went past us. We mostly practiced "Fix You" Rock 'n' Roll Cover(Yes, it's epic) and "Jäätelökesä", but also "Stay"(lol it was funny that people started turning their heads and ask eachother: "Isn't that the theme song from that telenovela?"), "On My Mind"(I hate that song, but a jazz cover of that is awesome! XD) and "Mikan Faijan BMW".

On the side note, if you're wondering how we manage without a basist or drums, here's the explanation:

Bass: Guitar tuned down an octave/guitar tuned down a half an octave and barre chords. *trololol*
Drums: Drumbeat comes from keyboard. With our guy in sound tech, we can add various rhythms to a keyboard.

spitllama

Wow big playlist. I like that you put in some modern/'80s music too.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

It's super-fun to make modern covers out of old songs! :D

And actually, that's only material for an hour. XD

Bubbles

For the wedding playlist, did the people choose those songs or did you choose them for them?

FSM-Reapr

FSM makes all the decisions for songs.

Bubbles

But do the people know that the songs are from video games? If they do, I wanna meet these people!

FSM-Reapr