News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

V2W: Brawl Fighters (Kirby Wins!)

Started by Spyro, July 04, 2012, 12:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyro

Kirby is the champion!

Discuss results here.

FSM-Reapr

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Zunawe

Darn. Snake is da best. Anyway, you know how when you hit somebody there's a frame where they freeze for a fraction of a second? Well, if you do a running A attack into a person with Snake then he'll hit them and stick at a certain frame in his animation. During that time, if you do the smash up A attack, he'll slide the rest of the way attacking other people, and the grenade will go backwards a little bit. It's not that exciting, but it's fun to do.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fabbemannen

I did a list about 3 years ago with my favorites, and then changed it to a voting-video.
Guess which one that is in the lead :>

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 15, 2012, 09:57:38 AMI did a list about 3 years ago with my favorites, and then changed it to a voting-video.
Guess which one that is in the lead :>

Sonic is often too fast; his opponents can use his speed to their advantage by attacking him before he has a chance to stop. If you're playing as a character like Bowser or Ganondorf, then you can't attack him very well (or avoid his attacks) but other characters don't suffer this problem.
Lucas is a punching bag. :P More than twice, I've avoided his final smash completely (once on Final Destination, once on his home stage, and I forget where else). Ike and Marth can use their counterattacks to deflect pretty much all of Lucas's attacks without even putting any effort into it (at least for me :P). Pit and Samus have the range to keep Lucas at bay; Link has the power. :P

And while we're on the subject of Brawl characters:
Personally, I think that Luigi is a better fighter than Mario; Mario is more just a balanced fighter, but Luigi has slightly different feel (a bit easier to control, I'd say). When it comes in terms of their final smashes, however, it's about equal.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fabbemannen

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 15, 2012, 12:35:17 PMLucas is a punching bag. :P
Lucas got moves that both can make up for good combos and got the power to finish it. He's also agile enough to avoid attacks
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 15, 2012, 12:35:17 PMMore than twice, I've avoided his final smash completely (once on Final Destination, once on his home stage, and I forget where else).
To be honest, it isn't that often I get hit by a final smash. Of course it happens, but almost all final smash's are avoidable, the Earthbounder's included
Sidenote: I rather play without items
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 15, 2012, 12:35:17 PMPersonally, I think that Luigi is a better fighter than Mario; Mario is more just a balanced fighter, but Luigi has slightly different feel (a bit easier to control, I'd say). When it comes in terms of their final smashes, however, it's about equal.
I have to agree there. But normally I choose between those 2 depending on my opponent.
Luigi's Up-B and kicking taunt are pretty fun to use, while Mario's Side-B is really fun to troll with ;D

Another sidenote: Ganondorf is epic to play as