News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Club Nintendo

Started by SlowPokemon, July 06, 2012, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Okay, so this is my first year as a Club Nintendo member, and I was excited about the elite status rewards as I had enough games to get to platinum, and had seen the previous rewards which had included some pretty cool stuff. In fact, even some of the regular rewards seemed awesome, and I was personally hoping for a cool soundtrack CD as they had in the past done that with Ocarina of Time for buying the game on its release date.

Nintendo: "lolnope"

Seriously? These rewards suuuuuck. Posters are pretty cool, especially the Luigi's Mansion one, but THREE posters for 600 coins?! Especially when Skyward Sword and Uprising are the same as their boxart pretty much! Seriously? There are already posters available as rewards. And playing cards? Same thing. It's a little different, but not 600 coins worth! The games suck, as I already have Mario vs Donkey Kong and Majora's Mask and don't have interest in Metroid II or Super Mario Kart. And quite honestly, it would be WAAAAY cheaper to just buy those games.

I think I might actually go with the calendar on this one, because at least I know I'll get some use out of it.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with these rewards and I hope I'm not the only one? And which reward are you going to choose? I'm just at a total loss because they all suck so bad. -_- Sorry if I'm ranting.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

The calendar's very handy for keeping track of how many days until nintendo disappoint you again with their rewards :P.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 06, 2012, 12:38:04 PMThe calendar's very handy for keeping track of how many days until nintendo disappoint you again with their rewards :P.

qft -___-

the_last_sheikah

This is my fourth year as a member, and the rewards have been pretty good up till now.

Year 1: registered all my stuff that I accumulated over the years, got well over 600, platinum reward=mario hat
Year 2: No new systems, only enough games to get gold, calendar.  Platinum prize was a mario collectible statue.
Year 3: Close but no, got the calendar. Platinum reward=25 mario buttons
Year 4: registerd 2 3DS systems(my brother's and mine), lots of games, wait impatiently for rewards to be announced, see posters and cards, cries a little inside.

Nintendo, I love you, but you need to listen to your fans when it comes to rewarding them for making your systems print money.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

JDMEK5

So can you still get soundtrack CDs? At all??

Does it cost anything to join? Or is it straight-out free? Because if it doesn't cost anything, I'd really be interested. (Assuming they make better rewards...)
If it does have a price, it's still debatable, just not for the better.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ragster

Yes, it's free.

The site's under maintenance right now, so I can't check out the new rewards.

SlowPokemon

anyone know if the calendar is two pages, hanging, or just one page per month?

Jub3r7

So guys, if anybody doesn't actually want any of this stuff I'll totally have your trading cards.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Olimar12345

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 06, 2012, 08:54:37 PMSo guys, if anybody doesn't actually want any of this stuff I'll totally have your trading cards.
They're playing cards, not trading cards.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Taser9090

This was a tough decision. They're decent rewards, but not good enough for the end-of-the-year prize. If they combined the cards and poster, that would've beem awesome.

I ended up choosing the cards. The posters will be permanently curled from the tube, and I don't hang them up anyway.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

zezhyrule

Those posters are so stupid, what person came up with that bright idea to have three lame posters as the platinum reward. I'd rather have the awesome calendar. Thankfully they also give the option of the playing cards, which I find really awesome. Easy choice for me.

Also, these are rewards in addition to the games you bought, you didn't buy the games just for the rewards. Unless you did. Then, I don't know. So looking at it like the TC does isn't very smart, since you're pretty much getting all this for free anyway. But then there's people like me who never buy nintendo games... I seriously have no idea how I got platinum this year, though I did fill out a crap-load of post-play surveys and such.

But yes. They do suck.

Edit: Actually whoa, you can choose DLable games. That's pretty cool. I would so get Metroid II, but as SlowPokemon said, it would be so much cheaper to just buy it. Especially since these cards are like limited edition and stuff, while the game will always be available on the eShop (until it goes down I guess o.0)
"Music is the space between the notes" – Claude Debussy

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 06, 2012, 08:52:04 PManyone know if the calendar is two pages, hanging, or just one page per month?

Nebbles

I was very disappointed indeed... I only ended up getting gold, and I don't want a calendar. So I guess I'll take a download or something.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 06, 2012, 09:01:01 PMThey're playing cards, not trading cards.
That's what I meant. XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fabbemannen

I want Nintendo Club to come back to Sweden ._.
Sooooo much stuff I could register