News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG XXXV: Professor Layton Sign Ups!!

Started by Kman96, July 10, 2012, 04:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Most games take 2 weeks to a month. Where are you going and how long will you be there?
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

To THE Pori Jazz festival for 2 days and then to Estonia. I don't know if there is internet in the hotel, I kinda have to work for FSM, too in there. I'm back on 5th of August.

SlowPokemon

No chance this game will be a month, and I doubt it will be 2 weeks.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 12, 2012, 04:06:58 PMNo chance this game will be a month, and I doubt it will be 2 weeks.

Slow, how do you figure?
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

I've never played a game that's lasted longer than 10 to 12 days. 24 hours per night phase, 48 hours per day phase, and about three or four of each of each. That's my general figure for a TWG game. I'd say two weeks TOPS.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Paging jake, Zunawe, SFK, and Mashi to come play
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Quote from: Zunawe on July 12, 2012, 12:27:45 AMI'm so busyyy. I'd like to, but there are too many things going on right now. Plus I need to start thinking about AP homework. Sorry.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Kman96

Quote from: spitllama on July 12, 2012, 07:12:47 PMPaging jake, Zunawe, SFK, and Mashi to come play

I already asked zunawe and Mashi.

Zunawe sent me the above pm ^^ and Mashi complained that signing up would be too hard :(
Party Hard!
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

jake3343

This game does look fun but I'm pretty busy! If no one else is able to sign up, I will, but I probably wouldn't be as active as last game.

A question about the puzzles in case I do end up playing: How limited are the resources that we are allowed to use? Would we be able use an online tool such as a dictionary, anagramer, or hash decoder? Could we use google to search for key words in the puzzle online? I've never played Professor Layton, so maybe I'm thinking completely wrongly about the type or difficultly of the puzzles that will be used. Would TheMasterTheorem or any of these puzzles be comparable to a puzzle from Professor Layton?

Kman96

Well, Actually, most of the Layton puzzles are either touch-oriented slider puzzles, or number-based math word puzzles. All my puzzles are word puzzles, some with pictures, and some without.

there will be some difficult ones, but each puzzle solved has its reward. Special puzzles will be indicated with

*SPECIAL PUZZLE* (the first person to solve this puzzle (when it appears) gets a reviver item on night 2 or 4.)

but yes, that puzzle sight does look pretty good. I only skimmed it, so I can't give a good comparison, but I will say that there are no limits on available resources. Use whatever you can! this game is about using your smarts, and solving puzzles! exercise those noggins!!
Party Hard!
[close]

Jub3r7

If Jake is a member of the master theorem website, we're probably all in trouble.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999