News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Drinking Game Game

Started by FSM-Reapr, July 11, 2012, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 28, 2016, 11:40:09 AMTake a shot everytime someone doesn't use Google before asking a stupid question
...That would put someone in the hospital!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 28, 2016, 02:21:12 PMWell, time to take another shot! XDXD
heh...you wish. we cant drink, we're only 15

InsigTurtle

Take n shots every time someone makes a drinking game about making a drinking game about making a drinking game, etc... where n = number of layers. Thus, a drinking game such as "take a shot when you laugh" would have one layer, "take a shot when you make a drinking game where you take a shot when you laugh" would have two layers. Continue until someone either kicks you out of the party or until everyone is too drunk to understand.

Dudeman

take a shot every time insig says something bonkers like that
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zunawe

As n approaches infinity, what is the behavior of BAC as a function of x where BAC(n)=BAC(x)?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on January 28, 2016, 07:03:11 PMAs n approaches infinity, what is the behavior of BAC as a function of x where BAC(n)=BAC(x)?
yes
unmotivated

InsigTurtle

I'd think that in the context of that game, BAC would only be able to go up to 0.300 before you pass out and stop drinking.

Ok, something I've actually done, now.
Take a shot every time you lose a life in a video game. (Take turns playing)

BrainyLucario

Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 28, 2016, 07:21:05 PMI'd think that in the context of that game, BAC would only be able to go up to 0.300 before you pass out and stop drinking.

Ok, something I've actually done, now.
Take a shot every time you lose a life in a video game. (Take turns playing)
DO NOT PLAY CAT MARIO!!!!!

InsigTurtle

Well, we tried Kaizo Mario (not a good idea), Touhou 12 (surprisingly doable), and SSBB (produces excess amount of salt).

mikey

unmotivated

Jub3r7

oh man, playing smash while smash sounds like a great idea.

Quote from: Zunawe on January 28, 2016, 07:03:11 PMAs n approaches infinity, what is the behavior of BAC as a function of x where BAC(n)=BAC(x)?
assuming we're talking about the same n that InsigTurtle referenced, there is a singularity along the curve as it increases exponentially that shows a sharp drop to zero when the subject in question is either unconscious or dead.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Zunawe

Is this simply represented by a large negative value in the differentiated function, or is the function itself discontinuous at said singularity? Because a discontinuity would truly be frightening.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zunawe on January 28, 2016, 07:51:40 PMIs this simply represented by a large negative value in the differentiated function, or is the function itself discontinuous at said singularity? Because a discontinuity would truly be frightening.
Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...