Mayor Duffy's Arrangements! NEW: Bioshock 2: How She Sees the World

Started by Mayor Duffy, July 26, 2012, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayor Duffy

Ha i'm just kidding. Well I assume you don't get many people doing a whole soundtrack, since most games have at least like 25 songs!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be..

Shadoninja

Quote from: Mayor Duffy on July 30, 2012, 07:13:31 PMHa i'm just kidding. Well I assume you don't get many people doing a whole soundtrack, since most games have at least like 25 songs!
That's true. You'll mostly see games from the NES since there are generally fewer songs and they're generally easier.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

Err, Duffy? I think you should make a post each time you update the top-post, to let everyone know you have new arrangements. I saw "Moog City" and "Key" by total coincidence - I wouldn't have found them otherwise. So please :)

everyone else: DUFFY HAS TWO NEW ARRANGEMENTS!! :D COME AND SEE!

Also: Especially in your Moog City arrangement, you kinda write "impossible". Take measure#17 for instance: How the hell are you supposed to play that on the left hand there? Unless you are some kinda hugenormous-handed freak, then that's not really possible. You gotta fix the places where the chords are too big for the hand to play.
Some places the notes go abit far above/below the staff. I'm not sure about which notation program you're using, but it's not NotePad (I can tell because the measure numbers are displayed). To make it more readable I suggest you use the 8va/8vb tool to clean stuff up - Assuming you have a better version of Finale than NotePad, it should be possible.
Your arrangements are great! Keep doing Minecraft, it's awesome! :D
Birdo for Smash

Mayor Duffy

Lol, measure 17 i have no idea, i guess i just thought those were 6ths and octaves? idk why.. I finished Moog City at around 11:30 last night so I guess i was tired.
Also I have PrintMusic which is the next version of Finale above notepad. I dont personally think the 8vb is necessary because all of those are just octaves, but i will add it in just to clear up any confusion! Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Mayor Duffy

by the way, New Minecraft Arrangement, Subwoofer Lullaby

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Mayor Duffy

Ahh Cat..I was gonna save that for last :P ive been trying to figure out what that rhythm is at the beginning, but i have no idea! help!

Mayor Duffy

I just wanted to let everyone know why i havent been putting out any arrangements recently, this is because I have marching band from 9-6 every day for the next two weeks. (I play snare in case anyone was wondering :) It's very exhausting, especially because my director adds on an extra hour to band each year, so when I was a freshman, it was only 8-5! This year is going to be very hard for me too, because of the difficulty of my schedule. Sorry if anyone was looking forward to Minecraft arrangements, I will get the next one out as soon as I can! Thanks for understanding.
Mayor Duffy

JDMEK5

I like your arrangement of the "Item Bounce" from Kirby Air Ride. I was thinking of doing it myself but you beat me to it! (Well done!)
My comments are the following:

1) It feels like it's missing a few grace notes. Area where it struck me: measures 34 to repeat. But there are others.
Filling in those grace notes will go a long way to capturing that original feel..

2) Check those weird notes in the right hand at measures 8 and 24. The reason I know it sounds off is because I listen to this song every day. :P
It almost feels like there should be a little mordent there. Maybe from the B or Bb to the C and back.

3) My last comment is on those trills in measures 14, 15, 30, and 31. They sound a whole tone higher than they should be.  Same goes for that eighth note directly before. The F and D. Take another look at that.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on that one. Way to go though! That one isn't easy..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Mayor Duffy

ah the grace notes.. I tried to put them in but something about my finale makes them sound really bad! thanks a lot for the other feedback, I will fix that stuff hopefully tomorrow if i have time!

Mayor Duffy

I've added "How She Sees the World" from Bioshock 2, a great, short, melancholy song that I love listening to and playing on piano. If any of you are percussionists like me, it functions as a great four-mallet vibes solo!

Cheers,
Mayor Duffy