Majora's Mask Discussion (With some polls sometimes.)

Started by Zunawe, August 07, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite ocarina song.

Song of Time
5 (31.3%)
Song of Healing
8 (50%)
Song of Storms
6 (37.5%)
Epona's Song
0 (0%)
Song of Soaring
2 (12.5%)
Inverted Song of Time
0 (0%)
Song of Double Time
0 (0%)
Sonata of Awakening
1 (6.3%)
Goron Lullaby
2 (12.5%)
New Wave Bossa Nova
5 (31.3%)
Elegy of Emptiness
2 (12.5%)
Oath to Order
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Olimar12345

This whole topic should be in the nintendo thread if you ask me...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Spyro

Quote from: Zunawe on August 07, 2012, 06:49:18 PMYou can't wear (or even have in your inventory) Majora's Mask. You obtain it and the rest of the game is cutscenes.

@Spyro. Every mask except for the three transformation masks and four other masks (Gibdo, Captain's Hat, Garo's Mask, and Giant's Mask) are completely optional. Some are very easy to get (for example the great fairy's mask is just getting the stray fairy again after getting the Deku Mask) and others, like the Couple's Mask, take forever. I highly reccomend getting all the masks. That is, after you finish the game without Fierce Diety.

One other thing, I really love the Stone Mask. Once you've gone through the Pirate Hideout without it it's just fun to walk around and slash people with the sword. It would be in place of the Bunny Hood for me, but I don't really use it except for that place.
Wait, so why did I lose my Great Fairy mask? It disappeared.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 07, 2012, 11:18:47 PMThis whole topic should be in the nintendo thread if you ask me...
Agreed.

I chose Goron Mask, because of it's S-SMOKIN' Barrel roll.
Zora Mask, 'cause of AWESOME gameplay and sweet guitar.
And Romani's Mask, 'cause I love bars!

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

FSM-Reapr

I guess somebody likes Great Fairys ::)

And why isn't Majora's Mask on the list? It's a mask after all...

@Spyro  ??? Did you screw up saving the game? Owl statues are for quicksave only. Just saying.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Kman96 on August 07, 2012, 06:11:40 PMYou firgit to add Majora's Mask, it seems.

Quote from: Zunawe on August 07, 2012, 06:49:18 PMYou can't wear (or even have in your inventory) Majora's Mask. You obtain it and the rest of the game is cutscenes.

How did you miss this.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

Yes. :o I swear I checked both pages! Why didn't I see those?!  ???

Zunawe

Also, to Kman, read the last sentence of the original post.
"Any and all masks are game if they can be worn by Link during the game."
It's said that since the topic went up.

I'm not sure why I put this in general. Feel free to move it.

Best easter egg masks: Undead-related. It's awesome that they made them do what they do. Don't say anything for the sake of people who haven't finished. Just know to wear the undead masks in the castle.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Spyro

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 08, 2012, 06:45:31 AMI guess somebody likes Great Fairys ::)

And why isn't Majora's Mask on the list? It's a mask after all...

@Spyro  ??? Did you screw up saving the game? Owl statues are for quicksave only. Just saying.
Yeah I know that. I got it from the Great Fairy, but now I don't. Maybe if I go back there I can get it again.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Currently playing Majora's Mask all over again just to vote in this poll xD All I have left to get are Giant's, Gibdo, and Fierce Diety's masks!

Voted for Stone mask because standing in front of enemies without them knowing you're there is the best.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

^Exactly! That one room in the stone tower temple with two absorbing mirror things and the black blob things. . . Without the stone mask.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

spitllama

... I'm halfway through the great bay temple and have no idea what you're talking about xD
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

Then you definately have more masks to go than you say. . . Well, I guess it's possible to get the couple's mask before the great bay. . . Wait, no it's not. You have to finish GB before you can enter the canyon. Yeah, you have at least one more mask than you mentioned.

Anyway, there's a room in the fourth dungeon where those dumb darkness balls that you first see in the forest temple attack you.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on August 17, 2012, 02:24:52 PMThen you definately have more masks to go than you say. . . Well, I guess it's possible to get the couple's mask before the great bay. . . Wait, no it's not. You have to finish GB before you can enter the canyon. Yeah, you have at least one more mask than you mentioned.

Anyway, there's a room in the fourth dungeon where those dumb darkness balls that you first see in the forest temple attack you.
Hate those.  Legitimately freaked me out first time through Woodfall.