News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Majora's Mask Discussion (With some polls sometimes.)

Started by Zunawe, August 07, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite ocarina song.

Song of Time
5 (31.3%)
Song of Healing
8 (50%)
Song of Storms
6 (37.5%)
Epona's Song
0 (0%)
Song of Soaring
2 (12.5%)
Inverted Song of Time
0 (0%)
Song of Double Time
0 (0%)
Sonata of Awakening
1 (6.3%)
Goron Lullaby
2 (12.5%)
New Wave Bossa Nova
5 (31.3%)
Elegy of Emptiness
2 (12.5%)
Oath to Order
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Kman96

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 01, 2012, 02:02:54 PMBut just redid it and am now in the Great Bay Temple!  Yay!

Not too terribly excited, though.  My cousin's been terrorizing me with stories of how it's the hardest dungeon in the series he can think of.  And Snowhead came very close to driving me insane.

game? yes. Series? debatable....

Zunawe, I think we have our next poll.... :3
Party Hard!
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Kman96 on September 01, 2012, 02:37:37 PMgame? yes. Series? debatable....

Zunawe, I think we have our next poll.... :3

Yeah, I find it hard to believe anything would beat the final floors of the Tower of Spirits.  That one isn't even enjoyable.

Kman96

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 01, 2012, 02:57:12 PMYeah, I find it hard to believe anything would beat the final floors of the Tower of Spirits.  That one isn't even enjoyable.

The Tower of Spirits > Temple of the Ocean King -_-
Party Hard!
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Kman96 on September 01, 2012, 03:08:49 PMThe Tower of Spirits > Temple of the Ocean King -_-

By far.  Still, it was ridiculously hard.

FluteNinja

I voted WoodFall  because it is the only temple I have been to :P
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Zunawe

Question. . . who voted for the moon? I mean, 90% of it is optional.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm fighting Gyorg.  GRRAAAH its hard.

...new poll!

Zunawe

Lol. Okay. Then maybe minibosses.

Gyorg isn't that difficult overall, he's just really annoying if you can't manage to dolphin jump back onto the platform.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

That's what I'm struggling with.  Even while a Zora, you can only mve up at like a 45 degree angle, and so I always crash into the pillar before I make it.  Then I get eaten.   >:(

spitllama

Lol so funny story about that. I didn't figure out I could hold A to swim until the middle of the stone tower temple. I thought you could only tap A repetitively to get those intermittent bursts. So the only way for me to rise was to sit in one spot and float to the top. Gyorg was pretty much hell to fight-- running away for 15 seconds in the water to avoid getting eaten.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

Odolwa:
Horsehead is to Odolwa as Zelda II is to Majora's Mask.

Goht
Fun, but not much of a challenge, especially with Goron Link.

Gyorg
Irritating; not as bad as the temple, though. :P It's hard to find out what you have to do without a guide... but all of Majora's Mask is like that, isn't it? :P

Ikana King
Difficult only because of the many frustrating phases and King Ikana's attacks.

Twinmold
Hard even with the Giant Mask.  :-\

Majora's Mask, Majora's Incarnation, and Majora's Wrath
Fierce Deity's Mask.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Odolwa is just. . . I don't know. There's barely a pattern, and he really doesn't have a great defense. Really it's just running around with a shield, shooting arrows, and spin attacking him to death.

Goht is fun. He's not hard enough for actually using a fairy, but it's at least challenging sometimes to get up to him.

I don't have a strong opinion about Gyorg. He's just a giant fish. . . Shoot, dive, shock, dolphin, repeat.

I hate the Ikana King fight because there's nothing you can freaking do about anything if he detaches his head! Is there any way to dodge him/hurt him? It just seems cheap that he has a move that cannot fail in any way.

Twinmold isn't hard if you have a decent life gauge. The only thing I find hard sometimes is keeping my magic for long enough.

Majora stuff is fairly simple really, it just requires time.

Is it just me, or do the bosses in this game seem oddly disconnected from the temples? Odolwa kinda makes sense, but a giant mechanical bull for the ice temple. . . And you only use the fire arrows to initiate the fight. Gyorg is related, but you don't use the ice arrows at any point. Twinmold is. . . I don't even know.

"Yay! I got light arrows to use for half the temple! The boss must be really cool."
Later:
"It's a. . . a mask. Okay."
At boss:
"Soo. In that whole dungeon about flipping things and using light arrows and such, the boss fight is a random desert scene where I turn into a giant and attack giant sand worms. . ."

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on September 09, 2012, 11:20:47 AMI don't have a strong opinion about Gyorg. He's just a giant fish. . . Shoot, dive, shock, dolphin, repeat.
Shock?  How?  I've just been cutting him.

Quote from: Zunawe on September 09, 2012, 11:20:47 AMIs it just me, or do the bosses in this game seem oddly disconnected from the temples? Odolwa kinda makes sense, but a giant mechanical bull for the ice temple. . . And you only use the fire arrows to initiate the fight. Gyorg is related, but you don't use the ice arrows at any point. Twinmold is. . . I don't even know.

I've been noticing that.  Not sure why.

Zunawe

While swimming through the water, or even just treading water, you can press R to put up an electric barrier at the cost of magic. It's much faster than sinking, attacking, surfacing, and swimming again.

I program things