News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Majora's Mask Discussion (With some polls sometimes.)

Started by Zunawe, August 07, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite ocarina song.

Song of Time
5 (31.3%)
Song of Healing
8 (50%)
Song of Storms
6 (37.5%)
Epona's Song
0 (0%)
Song of Soaring
2 (12.5%)
Inverted Song of Time
0 (0%)
Song of Double Time
0 (0%)
Sonata of Awakening
1 (6.3%)
Goron Lullaby
2 (12.5%)
New Wave Bossa Nova
5 (31.3%)
Elegy of Emptiness
2 (12.5%)
Oath to Order
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on September 09, 2012, 11:20:47 AMOdolwa is just. . . I don't know. There's barely a pattern, and he really doesn't have a great defense. Really it's just running around with a shield, shooting arrows, and spin attacking him to death.

I hate the Ikana King fight because there's nothing you can freaking do about anything if he detaches his head! Is there any way to dodge him/hurt him? It just seems cheap that he has a move that cannot fail in any way.

Twinmold isn't hard if you have a decent life gauge. The only thing I find hard sometimes is keeping my magic for long enough.
Odolwa is frustrating because he's too strong for a first boss; unless you find a way to get more heart containers (which is pretty much impossible at that point in the game?), he'll kill you easily if you make any mistakes.

Ikana was creepy. I died many times on him... only to be rewarded with a melancholy song and a bunch or even creepier statues.

Twinmold made me mad; I eventually just gave up and got a bottle of Chateau Romani... which involved another series of sidequest...  >:(

The Twinmold fight was interesting; I don't mind the fact that you don't use the fire arrows on Goht because the battle was rather fun; Gyorg, though...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

^I've never died on Odolwa. Basically I just hold my shield up and sidestep if he moves toward me, roll when I'm no longer locked on, and shoot when he's not attacking. Then a bunch of quick spin attacks (move in a circle and press b) because it's the fastest way to deal damage in Majora's Mask (unless they didn't fix the crouch stab glitch. I have yet to figure that out.)

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 09, 2012, 11:48:06 AMDoes it do damage to Gyorg?
Yeah. I don't know if it's more or less than what you're doing, but yes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

One thing that I must say is that the boss music in Majora's Mask is simply amazing; in my opinion, it's a contender the for best boss battle music EVER.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 10, 2012, 09:40:21 PMOne thing that I must say is that the boss music in Majora's Mask is simply amazing; in my opinion, it's a contender the for best boss battle music EVER.
It's good.  Very good, but you evidently haven't played The Wind Waker.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 11, 2012, 05:36:08 AMIt's good.  Very good, but you evidently haven't played The Wind Waker.

No, unfortunately, I haven't.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Zunawe

I really should get to playing Wind Waker. I love the soundtrack just from listening to the symphonic movement from the 25th anniversary disc. I just haven't had the motivation to look for it anywhere.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on September 11, 2012, 07:44:28 PMI really should get to playing Wind Waker. I love the soundtrack just from listening to the symphonic movement from the 25th anniversary disc. I just haven't had the motivation to look for it anywhere.
Get that motivation.

Topic derail!  Still fighting Gyorg and cannot win to save my life.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 12, 2012, 05:28:05 AMGet that motivation.

Topic derail!  Still fighting Gyorg and cannot win to save my life.

For the Gyorg fight, I actually had to leave to get some extra stuff to help me. E.g. Heart containers for endurance, bottles for potions... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Get the fairy in the main propeller room and you'll be golden.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

What are your tactics? It doesn't seem that hard for me. Just stand near the edge, shoot an arrow while he's swimming around, put on the Zora Mask, jump off, shock him, try to get lucky with a dolphin jump, rinse, and repeat.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on September 12, 2012, 02:41:32 PMWhat are your tactics? It doesn't seem that hard for me. Just stand near the edge, shoot an arrow while he's swimming around, put on the Zora Mask, jump off, shock him, try to get lucky with a dolphin jump, rinse, and repeat.
You know what, I haven't been shocking.  Lemme try that.

TheZeldaPianist275

Double post.
Ha, beat by shocking and didn't even have to use the fairy.  Thanks Zunawe!

Zunawe

Sure. I guess reading instructions are harder than I thought. :)) Kidding. I just found it the obvious mode of attack.

I program things