Gerudo Valley - Guitar (Critique needed)

Started by The-Real-Link, April 27, 2008, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

I arranged the Gerudo Valley theme for Solo Guitar and Guitar Duet. I need some critique. I play guitar a little, but not well enough to play these. I just used my small amount of knowledge about the guitar to write them. I'd really like someone who plays guitar really well to tell if I need to change anything. The ending is a little weird I know.

Solo - http://www.mediafire.com/?d32rttdutmd

Duet - http://www.mediafire.com/?nzn1yhdmzzh

random_goldfish

As for as notes and rhythm it's pretty accurate...a few weird things though...one thing you need to keep in mind for playability is that guitar players only have four fingers to make chords with and have some six note chords. XD

It's sounds nice though...just some details need polishing.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

random_goldfish

opps...forgot something...six note chords aren't impossible....but they're not going to be easy is what I mean.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

The-Real-Link

I knew six note chords aren't impossible. That's why I put them in. If you take a look, it's really just some full strum chords. (D major V chord to name one) The main section's weren't a little bit hard to notate, because quat. triplets were too fast and full quat. were too slow. dotted eights were as close as I could get.

Gu4n

Hehe, neat. That's how I play it ~ tend to play it..

Maybe you should get a red of the red chords in the melody, they're pretty annoying to play.

PianoMasta7

I play it on the Piano and thats about it...

evilsqueaky

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 27, 2008, 06:13:03 PMopps...forgot something...six note chords aren't impossible....but they're not going to be easy is what I mean.

Obviously you've never played guitar. :P

random_goldfish

Nope...I don't play guitar...but I do play mandolin which has 8 strings. ^_^

Link

Barre chords for six notes. Sounds kind of weird I'll try playing on my acoustic to see if it is right. Nice tab though.

I was part of this forum a long time ago (early 07?).