News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG XXXVII: Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, August 14, 2012, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what twg do you want to play

The Legend of the Last Airbender (K-Night) AKA Sokka was wolfed Night 0!
1 (7.1%)
Time for a History Lesson (Maestro) AKA That family tree looks like a Diamond!
7 (50%)
Spongebob's Mischievous Adventure (Universe-X) AKA The Handsy Man Can
1 (7.1%)
Uprising Madness (Spitllama) AKA One Big Natural Disaster
2 (14.3%)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Slowpokemon) AKA Dolores Bringing the Pain (Spanish Joke)
2 (14.3%)
Survivor (Blueflower/FSM) AKA Lawsuit in the Making
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SlowPokemon

TWG XXXVII: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The Dark Lord, Voldemort, has made a comeback. Harry Potter, now in his fifth year at Hogwarts, along a group of students, has formed Dumbledore's Army to retaliate all the sudden killings that have been occurring.

THE WOLVES
Voldemort and his number one associate, Bellatrix Lestrange, are unmistakably red. However, a maliciously horrible teacher at school who holds Voldemort's ideals in high esteem, Professor Umbridge, appears from the outside as sweet and friendly, and as such will be Seer'd as green. It is the wolves' job to lower the number of remaining humans to the number of remaining wolves.

THE SPECIALS
Harry Potter, a selfless individual to the point of a fault, can guard one person per night phase from being murdered (he cannot guard himself). One of his classmates, Luna Lovegood, is particularly intelligent in a dreamy way, and can observe others well enough to understand their auras--also known as a Seer power. The Seers play for the human team.

THE HUMANS
The members of Dumbledore's Army are all risking their lives to ensure that the future remains free of terror and strife. One member of the group will be Seer'd as red due to Luna's human error. It is the human's job to eliminate all of the Wolves.

Players:
1. Voldemort (Wolf)
2. Bellatrix Lestrange (Wolf)
3. Umbridge (Wolf seer'd green)
4. Harry Potter (Guardian)
5. Luna Lovegood (Seer)
6. Student (Human seer'd red)
7. Student (Human)
8. Student (Human)
9. Student (Human)
10. Student (Human)
11. Student (Human)
12. Student (Human)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Spyro

spitllama

Uprising! Don't kill be night 1 this time....

universe-X

lol, Slow, I love what you did with Umbridge.

FSM-Reapr

I know that I can't host, I'm just bored and decided to give my second best idea. If somebody else wants to host this, be my guest.

Hosted by blueflower999:
TWG XXXVII: Survivor:

The players have signed in to the tv-show, but they don't know that this game is different. All the players are in 1 tribe, but in that tribe there are 3 wolves. There are puzzles/challenges given at the beginning of every 3rd Day Phase, where you can win the Immunity Idol which is distributed the next Night Phase. The Idol will be taken back at the beginning of the next Night Phase. The player who gets the Immunity Idol is safe(cannot be lynched or wolfed), and all the players know that player has the Idol. The wolves know who the other wolves are and their specific roles. Can you win the one million dollars!?

Wolves:
1. Master Wolf (seer'd green)
2. Wolf
3. Brutal Wolf (the last player who voted for Brutal Wolf that got lynched, that player also gets taken down)
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Humans:
4. Seer (sends a PM to the host at the end of the Night Phase, and tells who (s)he wants to seer)
5. Guardian (sends a PM to the host at the end of the Night Phase, and tells who (s)he wants to guard)
6. Psychic (sends a PM to the host at the end of the Night Phase, to know how many wolves are left)
7. Player
8. Player
9. Player
10. Player
11. Player
12. Player

vermilionvermin

A lot of these games are pretty fantastic, and I'm excited for playing any one of them, and probably at one point all of them.

A comment on each:

K-Night:  Amon's role is what makes this game unique, but I think he needs to be tweaked a bit.  It's pretty hard for Amon to survive.  Realistically, he won't have time to guess every player's role, and would have no way to know which humans are earth and water benders.  With him being the only purple player, he's kind of screwed if he gets seered, especially considering the seer is revivable.  When compared to the wolves, he has a very small chance of winning.  I think the best way to rectify this would be to change his color to green rather than purple.  That way, if he plays well enough, he should win.  Another question:  Can he joint-win with the wolves?  If there's one wolf and Amon left, who takes the victory?

Maestro:  I think the Ancient Powers and the European Royalty are a little bit too strong relative to the others.  IMO, Louis XIV makes the game a little bit boring and should be changed to just stopping the wolfings.  I think Alexander's power is a little bit too strong, and would be better if it were just changing one person to the role of a dead teammate.

U-X:  I'm worried about balance with this one.  If Mr. Hands chooses traitor, then at the start of Day 1, there will likely be 7 humans and 4 wolves, with the humans' greatest weapon being a seer who can't claim.  I think that if he does choose traitor, a random human should become a guardian, and all other specials should be notified of this.  Do with this what you wish, but I don't really like a 7/4 human/wolf split when there's a brutal and master wolf.

Spit:  What happens if the FoN take control of Hades?  Does he die or just play while corrupted?

Slow:  The Miller must be a Slytherin student.  That is all.

FSM:  Seems balanced enough, but I'd add in one human seered red and maybe tweak immunity somehow.  If the wolves win all the challenges, they could be found out on the first day and still win, which I think is a little unfair.

universe-X

Hmm... maybe I can add an additional human and guardian?

MaestroUGC

Alright I can see what you're saying. I forgot to limit Louis XIV's power to a one time use. I agree with Alexander that he can only use it if there's a dead teammate, but they flipped person does not assume the new power, instead they take their current power with them. I do not want any of the powers to interfere with the seerings, wolfings, etc.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

Yah, I fixed the Idol thing. Thanks. :)

Anyone wanna host mah game?

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

davy

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 14, 2012, 10:40:54 PMTWG XXXVII – Time for a History Lesson
There are four groups of four leaders; one from each group is a wolf. Players do not know who their group members are. If two members of a group die, then the remaining player will lose his/her power and will be informed of such.

Teams:

European Royalty:
Henry VIII (England)Wolf Painter (Red) – Beheading, can call for an immediate lynching, thereby ending the current day phase; one use only. If a KitB results, he can choose the player to be lynched.
Louis XIV (France)Human (Green) – Extravagance, use of this power will disable use of every other players' powers for two phases, the current phase and the following night/day. This power supersedes all other powers, once used it will be announced in the thread at the end of the current phase. Any powers that were activated before its use will return to their respective players and will not count against them as being used. One time use only.
Catherine II, the Great (Russia)Human (Green) - Copycat, can use the power of another. When the host is PM'd, roulette is done for all of the remaining powers that can be activated during the phase in question. The player can then use the power as they wish; copying can only be done three times. The player cannot use copycat while holding onto a power.

American Legends:
George WashingtonHuman (Green) – Persist, can extend the phase by an additional 12 hours. Must PM the host before the end of the phase in question, if an insta occurs at any point the phase will still end as normal; announced as soon as the host is notified. If used the player will be immune to lynching/wolfing during the extended phase. One use only.
Andrew JacksonWolf (Red) - If in a KitB he will always survive. In the result of a KitB with three or more players, he can choose a player that will be ignored in the dice roll (a free pass). Unlimited uses.
Abraham LincolnHuman (Green) - Emancipation, can free a player from being lynched, thereby forcing the player with the second most votes to be lynched. Must PM the host before the end of the phase. If a second player doesn't exist, or if it's an insta, no lynch occurs. One use only.

Ancient Rulers:
Alexander the Great (Greece)Human (Green) - Rally, can steal another player from a different team to join his own, thereby giving the Ancient Rulers an extra body and taking away from another team. Usable only once and activated at night, the power cannot be activated unless one of his teammates is dead. If the player chooses a teammate, then the power will returned. The targeted player will still retain his current power, he's just now a member of this team.
Emperor Caligula (Rome)Brutal Wolf (Red) - If lynched he can choose another player to die with him.
Cleopatra (Egypt)Human (Green) – Nullifier, can nullify the vote and power of another player. Must PM the host before the end of phase, if an insta occurs this power supersedes it. One use only, activated during the day.

20th Century Trifecta:
Franklin Delano RooseveltGuardian (Blue) – New Deal, can restore a power of any player of his choice. Can be used twice, the effected player will be granted an additional use of their power to be redeemed whenever they choose. Activated at night.
Joseph Stalin - Master Wolf (Green) - Forge, can change the vote of any player during the day phase. Must PM the host before the end of phase, if an insta occurs the power is ignored and wasted. If the chosen player doesn't vote, it counts as if he did but the player still receives a phantom. The change is not announced in the thread. Two uses only, activated during the day.
Winston ChurchillSeer (Blue) – Spy, by random chance (20%) will receive word of who the wolves will wolf; however, he will have to sacrifice using his seering power to gain said information. He will be informed in the information is available. Spy will not be usable Night 1, unlimited uses thereafter, activated at night. I will only accept the first PM you send me either seering or spying. If you choose to seer before I can relay spying intel, you forfeit the use of the power for the night.

Nuclear Deterrent:
If in the event that over half of the players activate their powers in a two-phase period (i.e. a consecutive day and night), some young upstart from Germany will come around and declare war, triggering an Apocalypse. This Apocalypse will result in every deceased player will resurrect as zombies and hold a private lynching and strip a different player of his power between phases (Phase 0). This phase will begin the following phase the powers are activated. It will last 24hrs (like a single night) and once the matters are completed game play will continue as normal, picking up the following phase.

All wolfings, seerings, guardings, paintings, and the usual will not be effected by the powers, and as such occur as normal. I will only accept the first choice for wolfings. Once I get the PM with the target's name in bold the choice will be final. Also, there will be penalties if you wait too long to send in a wolfing PM, as I need have enough time to send any potential spy intel to Churchill. Power activation will be the same; power you are activating, player you are targeting.

Flow chart of powers:
Day Phase:
Extravagance>Emancipation >Persist>Beheading >Forge>Nullifier>Copycat
Night Phase:
Extravagance>New Deal>Spy>Persist>Rally>Copycat

Meastro, is this game wolves vs humans or European Royalty vs  American Legend vs Ancient Rulers vs 20th Century Trifecta? In the first case, the game is very human sided, while in the seccond case, it seems unfair for wolves who can't be online when the night phase begins.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 15, 2012, 11:27:56 AMCan you win the vermillion dollars!?

fixed.

Also, Spitllama's game really looks like an easy version of File Island.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mashi

Oh, must have missed Alexander the first time I looked at MaestroUGC's game, whoops.
I'm not really one for conversions, to be honest, because I feel that it's nearly impossible to discern the converted Player so late in the game.  Perhaps instead, after a team member's death, he could steal another Player's power and use it himself/herself?  This way, the targeted Player keeps his/her loyalties and the Ancient Rulers still benefit.

And Universe-X, I think vermilionvermin raises an excellent idea to give the opposing team some sort of benefit in compensation for Mr. Hands not amalgamating with their side.  That way, there's a balance between both sides despite what side Mr. Hands chooses, just with different pros and cons for each.  I think his suggestion for turning a random Human into a Guardian (perhaps even Charismatic to cancel out the extra vote by the Traitor.  I'll have to discuss this a bit more with vermilionvermin) is reasonably sound, especially if Mr. Hands turns out to be an astute Traitor.  You could also prohibit Mr. Hands from choosing a side before Night 3 to avoid an early advantages to a team he joins earlier than then.

davy, the game is the 4 groups against each other, I believe.  And I'm afraid that's how the game works!  Perhaps there could be a percentage thing in which if there were, say, 4 wolfing targets, there would be a 25% for each to occur.  But each Wolf would have to send a wolfing PM quickly, if that were the case, despite timezones still, for Churchill's power, as MaestroUGC stated.

Spyro

I'm taking my vote off of spit. I'm going to be gone on vacation and I really don't want to miss it.

spitllama

Ah bittersweet Spryo

@Verm Hades is effectively dead. The only difference from a correction of another player would be that Hades can be saved (revived).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

I really need to proof read my own junk. Yes, it's the four teams against each other ultimately, because the wolves don't know each other. Having the four wolves playing together would give them a ridiculous advantage with the use of their powers since they  could probably find out the identities of the other players and make quick work of the threatening powers. The wolves do not know each other, and that's the incentive to make quick wolfings because you could be late and not get your target. Being quick is also needed for Churchills's power, since if I can't get him information, the wolves will be effectively cheating.

I changed Alexander's power. I guess I just really like the idea of team flips and conversions, since both of my game have featured it in some capacity. Thankfully I've gotten the point and will reserve it for more basic games with many, many caveats.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Quote from: universe-X on August 14, 2012, 11:21:56 PMSpongebob's Mischievous Adventure

SpongeBob and his friends snatched a ride on the Flying Dutchman's ship. However, they crashed and evidently were all trapped on Mr. Hands' island. Plankton, however, sent a few Bionic Wolves to confuse SpongeBob and pals. No one can be trusted now...

SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, etc. must now all use their trust and questioning to get their friends together and make it off of Mr. Hands' Island safely.

Joining them are 2 inhabitants of the island, the Fingers, who possess special powers.

And finally, there is Mr. Hands.

Character List:
Resident (6)
Resident
Resident
Resident
Resident
Resident

Seer (Can seer a person once every night phase)
Psychic (Can find out how many wolves are left every night phase)
Master Wolf (Is seered green)
Brutal Wolf (When lynched, can kill one other island resident of their choosing)
Wolf (Regular wolf)
Mr. Hands (The player can choose a side to play on, Traitor [may claim to wolves] or Human. He must decide by night 1, otherwise it will be chosen for him at random. If chosen at random, the host announces "Mr. Hands is a Traitor/Human". If Mr. Hands turns out to be a Traitor, then a resident at random will be selected to be a Guardian.)
Edited Mr. Hands' description, is this better?