News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Not posting arrangements?

Started by Di-Taphus, August 18, 2012, 09:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Di-Taphus

If someone arranges a song, why don't they post it on the main site instead of keeping the only link to the MUS file within their thread?
"Do as I say!"
- General Heracles

Shadoninja

I don't know. why don't you ask them?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

TheZeldaPianist275

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4509.0

We have a process for getting arrangements onto the site.  Not everybody can just stick something on the site whenever they want.

Di-Taphus

I'm assuming only moderators can?
"Do as I say!"
- General Heracles

fabbemannen

They get to submit a couple of them for each update which some mods then checks for mistakes/formatting stuff
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4509.0

Zunawe

Random question that's slightly off topic. What if a song is already on the site, but isn't a good arrangement and isn't being updated? Can just anybody replace it as long as the mods approve it?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zunawe on August 19, 2012, 01:21:44 PMWhat if a song is already on the site, but isn't a good arrangement and isn't being updated? Can just anybody replace it as long as the mods approve it?
Yes. If that's the case, you'd first arrange a replacement.
Then, when the next submissions period comes around, put that on the list along with your other new arrangements. (Be sure that it's marked as a replacement)
Usually there's a limited number of new replacements per person, but no limit on replacements. (It's not the case this time however)
If it's still accurate, it'll be accepted. But only the mods can update the site. No one else has the ability to do so.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things