News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The "Abandoned Arrangements" project.

Started by Cobraroll, August 23, 2012, 02:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Can I bump this with a new idea?

This is basically the same idea as before, but it's got a name: The Vault.

The Vault is simply a (pinned?) topic for storing links, just as proposed earlier. Though, there is a difference: arrangers on leave have to sign up for the Vault by posting their submissions there. This also goes for arrangers who drop by and submit an arrangement to their threads every once in a while, but usually don't get to post in the update thread before it's closed.

Every time the planets are aligned properly and the submission process rolls around, a few pieces from the Vault will be submitted for the update. Note that if the arranger posts any submissions in the update thread himself, none of his/her arrangements from the Vault will be submitted. This isn't a way to get extra arrangements on site, but a way to get arrangements on site in the first place. Depending on the popularity of the Vault, it may be a terribly slow process, but it gives everybody a chance to get featured on site.

Submissions in the Vault will still be owned by their arranger. If the arranger wants to withdraw the links from the Vault, it will be done. If the submissions are rejected by the uploaders, they won't get fixed without the consent of the arranger.

Sounds like an idea? There are still a few details to rule out, such as deciding which sheets to submit for every update, whether or not to add a "workshop" where half-finished arrangements can be left for others to pick up, the policy of rehosting to avoid linkrot, and so on.

Any thoughts?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Bespinben

I will be gone 2 years, from October 24th, 2012 to October 24th, 2014. During that time, I would like someone post the arrangements I have listed below on my behalf when a submissions update rolls around. Please submit my arrangements in the order given below, from the top of the list to the bottom. Upon submission, I give permission to the submissions quality-assurance team (Deku and Olimar currently) to modify my arrangements in order to correct music theory errors and other aesthetic issues. I do not permit any changes to the transcription itself.

[DS] Pokémon Black/White - "Dragonspiral Tower" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Mt. Coronet" - Bespinben Zip

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Title: Main Theme" - Bespinben Zip
  • *Note - Layout MUST be Landscape, so as to preserve the 4-bar hypermeter. Do not modify sheet to change to portrait, it WON'T work.
    *Note 2 - For those concerned about playability:
    Quote from: Dusk on September 20, 2012, 08:24:37 AMI practice for some weeks your arrangement of "Title: Main Theme" from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
    It's playable...   ...in half-quick tempo and with the omitting of some notes/chords :D.
    One day, I'll can play this song. :)

[GB] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Johto Wild Pokémon Battle" - Bespinben Zip

[N64] Star Fox 64 - "Start Demo 1 (Starfox Main Theme)" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Battle Against Dusknoir" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "On the Beach at Dusk" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Goodnight" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Guildmaster Wigglytuff" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Temporal Tower" - Bespinben (Replacement) Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Time Gear" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Top Menu Theme" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Awakening" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Boss Battle" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Escape Through the Snow / Snow Refugees" - Bespinben (Replacement) Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Fanfares Collection" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "File Select / Whiscash Pond" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Lapis Cave" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Mt. Blaze Peak" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "The Other Side" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "There's Trouble!" - Bespinben Zip

[DS/GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Tiny Woods" - Bespinben (Replacement) Zip

[DS] Pokémon Ranger - "Ending Story" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Ranger - "Ranger Base" - Bespinben Zip

[DS] Pokémon Ranger - "Title Screen" - Bespinben Zip
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 04, 2012, 12:55:32 AMEvery time the planets are aligned properly and the submission process rolls around...
XD
Quote from: Cobraroll on October 04, 2012, 12:55:32 AMEvery time the planets are aligned properly and the submission process rolls around, a few pieces from the Vault will be submitted for the update. Note that if the arranger posts any submissions in the update thread himself, none of his/her arrangements from the Vault will be submitted. This isn't a way to get extra arrangements on site, but a way to get arrangements on site in the first place. Depending on the popularity of the Vault, it may be a terribly slow process, but it gives everybody a chance to get featured on site.
As long as we specify that arrangements may only be put there in the first place if either the arranger leaves for an extended period of time, or they keep missing the submission periods. (That's happened to me a lot)
Quote from: Cobraroll on October 04, 2012, 12:55:32 AM...whether or not to add a "workshop" where half-finished arrangements can be left for others to pick up.
I like that idea. But we'd need the original arranger's consent of course. And the credit would be split.

I like the name, by the way.

I think this is a promising idea. Sounds great to me!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26