Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Full Update with Music, Trailer and Screens!)

Started by B-Kpianist, April 27, 2008, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Kpianist

WHOA! CHECK THIS OUT!

"After reading the big interview with Gregg, it appears that there was some new information regarding levels and such.

It appears that each level [six of them], will have 6 entry ways a piece! He went on to say that Act I of Nutty Acres might only include a single Jiggy, while Act III of Nutty Acres may have six jiggies! He also made a mention that in Act I, you may see objectives to complete in Act IV or V of the same world!

Overall, this reminds me a lot of Click Clock Wood from Banjo-Kazooie. Remember how you couldn't enter the Summer, until you had hit the switch in the Spring? The same principle remains here; you must collect a certain number of jiggies in Act I before going on to Act II. Pretty cool. Perhaps you would see a Jiggy waiting to be collected in Act II, but you have to do something in Act III before you can collect it...awesome.

Finally, I've begun to look at this game different than before. You see, remember how CCW was more like 4 levels-in-1? Well, I'm going to look at BK:N&B the same way. Except this time: 6 levels become 36!"

This game is a one-of-a-kind!

[EDIT] I started to arrange the small part of Nutty Acres that you hear in the gameplay footage... here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?byrbytymtuc

Super Zombie

Awesome! I missed the BanjoLand part in the trailer! I was hoping to God (or G-d if you're Jewish) that they'd have stuff from levels in the last games, so I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally happy!

So, what are your favorite worlds? Mine are Mad Monster Mansion and Witchyworld.

Requiem

:o Wow, this looks more exciting than I expected. This game will definitely have a different feel from the originals, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I am now more pumped than ever! ;D

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

PseudoMario16

Quote from: B-Kpianist on May 14, 2008, 03:38:32 PMWHOA! CHECK THIS OUT!

"After reading the big interview with Gregg, it appears that there was some new information regarding levels and such.

It appears that each level [six of them], will have 6 entry ways a piece! He went on to say that Act I of Nutty Acres might only include a single Jiggy, while Act III of Nutty Acres may have six jiggies! He also made a mention that in Act I, you may see objectives to complete in Act IV or V of the same world!

Overall, this reminds me a lot of Click Clock Wood from Banjo-Kazooie. Remember how you couldn't enter the Summer, until you had hit the switch in the Spring? The same principle remains here; you must collect a certain number of jiggies in Act I before going on to Act II. Pretty cool. Perhaps you would see a Jiggy waiting to be collected in Act II, but you have to do something in Act III before you can collect it...awesome.

Finally, I've begun to look at this game different than before. You see, remember how CCW was more like 4 levels-in-1? Well, I'm going to look at BK:N&B the same way. Except this time: 6 levels become 36!"

This game is a one-of-a-kind!

[EDIT] I started to arrange the small part of Nutty Acres that you hear in the gameplay footage... here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?byrbytymtuc

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy- the game is gonna be UH-MAZING
(and by the way, your nutty acres song sounds pretty good so far)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

KefkaticFanatic

You guys should check out the interview they posted up on www.rarewitchproject.com

Tons of info and stuff about multiplayer too.  There will be online and offline, including co-op.  Also, 80% of the game will be on vehicles.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

oh yeah- saw that earlier. I wish there was more platforming though, but I'm open to the new system... The game seems amazing!
Oh- and i got some more pics from a recent article:
http://www.bthive.co.uk/index.php?load=news

Super Zombie

I'm playing the first two games in anticipation of Nuts & Bolts. What are your guy's favorite worlds?

Oh, and I was just thinking about it. The first game has a lot of musical stuff. Like the notes, Banjo, Kazooie, and Tooty's names as well as the opening with all the instruments, etc. Banjo should be our mascot!

KefkaticFanatic

QuoteRare Elite: You mentioned that music notes are a way to pay, could you make it more special, if the music notes are clearly music themed. As we’ve seen in Banjo-Kazooie, both the bear and bird can play music. Why not make some music in the shop and for every music note you collect, Banjo and Kazooie play better music. And if you play good music , you can earn better products from the salesman. Normal paying seems so dull
Gregg Mayles: The musical notes have always been an oddity, in that they aren't really musical at all. None of the previous Banjo games have ever used musical notes for a musical theme. But at least in this game they are actually used for a larger role. There is many things that the player can buy around Showdown Town with the notes

Meh.

me irl
[close]

Super Zombie

So Klungo has been verified to be in it. He's built some "play emporium," whatever that is. But I was thinking he might be working for LOG because at the end of the last game he said he was going to go off to make "Ssstupid gamess." What do ya all think? It'd be really funny if he was LOG. But he couldn't be because he's too incompetent. I wonder how someone so stupid made magic potions? The instructions must have been very specific.

Oh, yeah. Since I'm playing Banjo-Kazooie again, I'm seeing things I never noticed. In the beginning of the game in Spiral Mountain, Kazooie calls Bottles "Jamjars." Rare said Jamjars won't be in Nuts & Bolts. :(  Also, they call the Jiggys Jiggys a few times. I always thought that Jiggy was a name invented in Tooie, but the first Jiggy you get says "I'm a Jiggy!" and on the back of the Nintendo Power strategy guide they call it a Jiggy.

KefkaticFanatic

Heh jiggy was always around :P

I did see that Jamjars reference years ago when I had both games for the N64 :P

They probably didn't make the actual next character yet, but may have made the new one from that or from some other thing.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

woohoo! just got my 360! I think i'll get Viva Piñata, halo got boring when i played it OVER AND OVER with me friend ::)

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, Halo isn't the best on repetitive 2 player matches.  Go get Lost Planet on the 27th when they release the $30 and I'll own you at it.  Also get xbox live right now if you haven't already and post your gamertag.  You should probably also get Kameo (because I know you'd like it as much as I do :D), Lost Odyssey cause its awesome, Overlord because its basically Pikmin x awesome, and the Orange Box because it's godly.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

I'll be getting some stuff 2morrow, everything is closed right now... so i'll get everything 2morrow ;)

PS. How do u set-up Xbox live? is it on the console, or do u have to buy it? I have the headset thing...lol. I'm not used to xbox 360, it's all new to me. ???

KefkaticFanatic

You can set up a silver account right from the console, there should be "join live" advertisements everywhere.  You just have to follow all the directions and stuff.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/livesetup/join.htm

Also that.

Halo 3 should have come with a 2 day Xbox live card, so you can use that if you want to play something online or something.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

k thanks!
Is there anything else for the 360 besides shooters? I'm not the biggest fan of shooters, they end up boring me after a while  (yes i know thats the 360's built-in crowd. but is there any sort of platformers or anything besides shooters for 360?::) )
Kameo looks good; Overlord looks good as well...