News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Full Update with Music, Trailer and Screens!)

Started by B-Kpianist, April 27, 2008, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Kpianist

crap- sry...
I'll make it 2morrow. I was gonna, but then the games crappiness pissed me off and I played banjo ::)
2morrow 4sure ;)

KefkaticFanatic

!!!

THERE WAS THIS HIDDEN LITTLE SCRIBES CONTEST.  AND I WAS ONE OF THE WINNERS

I GOT THIS AWESOME WALLPAPER WITH NEW INFO LIKE NEW CHARACTERS :D

"You're not wrong, guv. Rumour 4 it was, and here's your ingenious postage-eliminating digital prize: a big slice of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts character wallpaper, exclusive (until someone goes and sticks it on a forum) to you and the 30 or so other contest winners. Enjoy!

Leigh Loveday
editor@rareware.com

Rare Limited
Registered Office: Beaufort House, Tenth Floor, 15 St Botolph St, London, EC3A 7EE, UK
Registered in England & Wales, No: 1905690"

tee hee

Maybe I'll post it eventually.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

This is stupid. If Rare knew what they were doing they would have made a seperate game for this new concept of designing and technological interfaces, and then a traditional, original, Banjo & Kazooie. A lot of people are pissed at how Rare just completely killed the old tradition of the franchise. This music better be extremely good, or else.

~Nakah

B-Kpianist

GAMER!!!! Send me the pic! plz? i promise i wont show anyone
or post it...

KefkaticFanatic

Nakah, its called not just copying over the same old engine just a bit prettier with a few new gimmicks to make a ton of money.  Yeh.  Its also called not doing the Nintendo approach of remaking every fucking game 20 times over.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

you're gonna torture me and not post the pic aren't you... :'(

KefkaticFanatic

:)

I might post it in a bit, but the only person I've showed it to so far is my friend.  I'm gonna see if anybody else that won posts it :P

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

your an evil... evil child...
plz, post it! or send it to me... I'M DIEING TO SEE IT!!! I doubt anyone else on this forum has even wrote to the scribes, and no one at RWP even has mentioned it... soooooo, PLZ POST IT! :'(

KefkaticFanatic

Oh, what the hell.

The first ? space looks like it might be the Lord of Games, the 2nd one looks like a Minjo or something, 3rd looks like the Jinjo King, 4th and last like some sort of porcupine or something.  Boggy's kids are in there as well, and you can see the new Klungo.  Theres also Mr. Fit, Mr. Patch, and that Hippo I forget the name of (the pirate one).  Of course you can also see a bunch of the confirmed characters, but I don't have time to specifically list every one.  Squinting really hard will let you see a very very faint silouette of the "?" characters, and the last one has a little nose and eye :D.  Feel free to post this on RWP as long as you include my post and my name :P  Maybe you can also mention that I got in scribes :P

EDIT: Also tell them that the account "gamer4250" can't register and that he's sent them emails >:(

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

THANKS!!! ;D
I feel complete now- lol, and don't worry, i'll give you credit! Strange how they made it look "no-so-real".

[EDIT] HEY is the last ? space Lord Woo Fak Fak?

Brawler4Ever

My almost-completely-random guesses(or not. whatever)

? 1: Gobi Pyramid
? 2:Random color Jinjo (black,or another color?)
? 3: Jinjo King
? 4: No idea.  :'(
?4 looks very similar to Mumbo. (Is Mumbo's full name Mumbo Jumbo, or just Mumbo?)
THEY DON'T HAVE CHEATO.
Looking closer, the ?1 doesn't look like Gobi Pyramid.  :'(
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

B-Kpianist

gobi's pyramid is in the game... look!

And I think the first ? is L.O.G. (Lord Of Games)

Brawler4Ever

Yeah, I see that now. With what Gamer said, if you use Adobe Photoshop and look at ?1, you can faintly see a gas-maskish bottom part. It's a bunch of vertical lines in an oval. But that would make him/her looking straight.  ???
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nakah

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 20, 2008, 05:35:51 PMNakah, its called not just copying over the same old engine just a bit prettier with a few new gimmicks to make a ton of money.  Yeh.  Its also called not doing the Nintendo approach of remaking every fucking game 20 times over.

No, it's called completely ruining the originality of a franchise to try and upgrade to what they think will interest newer generations, which, as I said before, has pissed a lot(apparently not many of you guys though) of people off. I don't know. Making two seperate games, one for this concept and an original Banjo & Kazooie would have been far more successful.

B-Kpianist

hey- they might still do that... maybe a special edition with traditional platforming? Ya never know, it's rare. They never disappointed as far as I know!

[EDIT] And think about this too- they have a WHOLE level dedicated to us long-time fans with both B-K and B-T morphed into one level!