Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanChief17

Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

@PDS I thought FDR got elected 4 times but died the first year into his 4th term?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

are you sure that's accurate? i thought all media sources except fox were FAKE NEWS™. SAD!!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on May 01, 2017, 06:20:55 AMHey, I don't complain about the electoral collage, because if we didn't have it, democrats would win every election.
God forbid we have democracy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 01, 2017, 04:28:32 PM@PDS I thought FDR got elected 4 times but died the first year into his 4th term?
You're right; I meant re-elected.
what is shitpost

mikey

while I'd prefer if the federal gov't didn't control healthcare this bill actually seems like a decent compromise.  Nobody in their right mind should be unhappy about this unless you're planning on getting in major trouble 4-10 years from now.
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 04, 2017, 09:23:50 PMNobody in their right mind should be unhappy about this

Women? Because at the moment pre-existing conditions aren't required to be covered and domestic violence, sexual assault, and pregnancy all count as pre-existing conditions? Um, I'm extremely unhappy about this, and I'm in my right mind sooo

In general, Noc, you seem to love this sort of rhetoric where you claim that your viewpoints are objectively superior by nature of their being your viewpoints and that there is literally no other "sane" way to look at the world. This is why Dude kicked you out of the skype chat. I don't know if you're intentionally trying to get under people's skin or if you are simply so closed-minded that you literally cannot accept the existence of alternative viewpoints to the ones that you possess but the more you do it the more irritating it fucking gets and I would thank you to fucking stop. It is possible to have political debates without making derogatory comments that implicitly question the mental health of people with opposing viewpoints from you.

You know I hold no ill will against you as a person and we have friendly conversations very often, but when you make statements like this I just want to throw it all out the window because it seems as though you have no respect whatsoever for people who hold different viewpoints from you and you are really coming across as a hugely insufferable ass because of it. Please think before you post.

SlowPokemon

I think it's beneficial to realize not everyone has the same life experiences
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Except under the new plan you still are required to be covered, you're just high risk
I have no idea where this is coming from, the state will still have to cover you if you do
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You don't get denied coverage, but your premiums skyrocket.

Rape is also now a pre-existing condition, as is any mental health complication, as are a number of things that, if you're born with them, you can't change.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 04, 2017, 09:23:50 PMwhile I'd prefer if the federal gov't didn't control healthcare this bill actually seems like a decent compromise.  Nobody in their right mind should be unhappy about this unless you're planning on getting in major trouble 4-10 years from now.

Um, no. The federal gov't should definitely control healthcare; the private sector has proven time and time again that it prioritizes people's pocketbook over their needs. Again, the free market is a good solution to most products, but some essentials, like healthcare, are not negotiable.

Also, this bill and Obamacare weren't even gov't controlled healthcare to begin with, though I wish they were. Obamacare was the individual mandate, an insurance company's wet dream. Everyone was required to buy private healthcare, and if you're poor, you got a subsidy.

Basically everything here:

Quote from: Altissimo on May 04, 2017, 09:49:11 PMWomen? Because at the moment pre-existing conditions aren't required to be covered and domestic violence, sexual assault, and pregnancy all count as pre-existing conditions? Um, I'm extremely unhappy about this, and I'm in my right mind sooo

In general, Noc, you seem to love this sort of rhetoric where you claim that your viewpoints are objectively superior by nature of their being your viewpoints and that there is literally no other "sane" way to look at the world. This is why Dude kicked you out of the skype chat. I don't know if you're intentionally trying to get under people's skin or if you are simply so closed-minded that you literally cannot accept the existence of alternative viewpoints to the ones that you possess but the more you do it the more irritating it fucking gets and I would thank you to fucking stop. It is possible to have political debates without making derogatory comments that implicitly question the mental health of people with opposing viewpoints from you.

You know I hold no ill will against you as a person and we have friendly conversations very often, but when you make statements like this I just want to throw it all out the window because it seems as though you have no respect whatsoever for people who hold different viewpoints from you and you are really coming across as a hugely insufferable ass because of it. Please think before you post.
what is shitpost

mikey

It's not a big secret that insurance companies exist to make money.  The problem is when the government is controlling the health care market more long term damage is caused and is more likely to result in monopoly than free market is.

I really want to be able to opt out of buying any insurance at all.  Anyway, the reason they charge you more for rape or pregnancy is because you cost more.  When I got in an accident my insurance went up.  Same principle here.  Like I know it sounds dumb but you can't expect anyone, even the government, to have your best interests as its primary goal.  If anything, the government is less ethical than business because business is easy to understand and manipulate.
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Quote from: NocturneOfShadowI really want to be able to opt out of buying any insurance at all.

Perfect description of where I stand. The government shouldn't be forcing people to have health any more than they should be forcing men (and men only) into the Selective Service program.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dude

Money doesn't grow on trees.

In order to pay for healthcare​ for all, we either need to fine people who don't apply or raise taxes, so pick your poison.

I'd rather spend it on healthcare than just paying the government.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on May 05, 2017, 06:44:00 PMMoney doesn't grow on trees.
I'm glad you agree, because this bill would be significantly cheaper than obamacare was.
unmotivated

Dude

And significantly worse coverage for people, but hey, who gets sick anymore?? might as just let all those old people with cancer and bad heart conditions die, right??

mikey

24 million after 10 years.
that's not a lot at all
unmotivated