The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I don't think it's either.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

'a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people'

whyyyyy

spitllama

I think Cobraroll brought up something similar to this when he was talking about a culture that treats violence as a source of entertainment (please correct me if I'm wrong).

What I think is hilarious is the recent "Demand a Plan" campaign video where Hollywood stars talk about how there needs to be changes etc. And yet, 75% of the individuals in the video make millions off of the use of guns in their movies. They are the vessels for the perpetuity of this "violent culture." How hypocritical.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Fun fact: The Dutch play a shit ton of more video games, including the violent ones, than us. Their violent crime rate is far lower than the US. Japan allows much more violent games to be sold there than the USA, they have a much lower violent crime rate than the US.

How the fuck this is even an issue, I don't even know.

So how can we lower our violent crime rate?

1. Certain gun laws need to be stricter. Such as there should be stricter penalties for buying someone a gun that is then used for violent crime.

2. Ban assault weapons. Civilians have ABSOLUTELY no fucking need for that shit.

3. Control that media. The media fucking exploits tragedy like no ones business, but that's not the problem. They focus so much attention on the killer and turn them into someone who people will remember. THAT'S SOMETHING THAT APPEALS TO PSYCHOPATHS. We need to stop focusing on the god damn killer and pay way more attention to the victims.

4. Mental health. Ours sucks. There are people dealing with terrible mental illnesses, some of which can be violent and lead to murder or worse. We need to provide these people with the help they need before these terrible things happen. Reopen the institutions.

5. Ask some other countries how they've managed to keep their violent crime rates so low. Seriously, America is the guy who is completely lost but still refuses to ask for fucking directions, no matter how much all the passengers complain. Just call up ol' Britain, whose murder rate is only 35 versus over 11,000. I'm sure he'd be happy to help. Or she. Britain COULD be a woman after all.

There.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

Literally every videogame has some form of violence in it, so idk where they're even trying to go with this. Even Pong. How would you like to be the ball that constantly gets hit back and forth? You are one of three beings in your entire universe and all the other two do is smack you around endlessly

Also all this stuff about a task force makes me think of Tarrlok and his task force, purely because I like Avatar. We all know what happened with that (go watch When Extremes Meet :P [/promoting])

Yugi

Quote from: SocialFox on January 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PMAnd it's not videogame violence that makes people violent, it's apparantly the compeditive nature of videogames, according to a study.

I don't even know anymore.
Quote from: SocialFox on January 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PMit's apparantly the compeditive nature of videogames, according to a study.
Quote from: SocialFox on January 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PMCompeditive nature

Quote from: SocialFox on January 11, 2013, 09:18:17 PMCOMPEDATIVE NATURE

WHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 11, 2013, 10:26:17 PMLiterally every videogame has some form of violence in it, so idk where they're even trying to go with this. Even Pong. How would you like to be the ball that constantly gets hit back and forth? You are one of three beings in your entire universe and all the other two do is smack you around endlessly

Also all this stuff about a task force makes me think of Tarrlok and his task force, purely because I like Avatar. We all know what happened with that (go watch When Extremes Meet :P [/promoting])
XD This is awesthum.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

Quote from: SocialFox on January 11, 2013, 10:35:23 PMWHY DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO ME

I'm sorry. I realize English isn't your first language so I'm going to sound like a dick when I say this--

Usually when people spell competitive as "compedative," I instinctively stop reading and discount their argument entirely.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

You've got to appreciate the fact that the guy brought so much attention to his spelling mistake.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jub3r7

It's not compeditive, either, he spelled it multiple ways....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: spitllama on January 11, 2013, 10:39:59 PMI'm sorry. I realize English isn't your first language so I'm going to sound like a dick when I say this--
Isn't he from Australia? ???

Yugi

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 12, 2013, 01:30:37 AMIsn't he from Australia? ???
I am.

My First thought was, How does being Australian instantly mean I'm speaking a different language.

MaestroUGC

So then you admit you have no excuse. I mean really, if you want to say something important, it's not hard to make sure it's spelled correctly.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Haha sorry. I could have sworn you were from the Netherlands. But regardless, Maestro rests my case :P
Submissions Page

Cobraroll

Quote from: spitllama on January 11, 2013, 09:52:15 PMI think Cobraroll brought up something similar to this when he was talking about a culture that treats violence as a source of entertainment (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The point I was trying to make, penned beautifully by Robert Brockway of Cracked.com
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.