News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 21, 2016, 06:10:06 PMWell, religion does tend to give a bias in this direction. But I/we are glad that you're recognizing your bias! :)
I was going to say that everyone has a religion. Everyone believes something. Everyone takes beliefs by faith. For example, evolution can't be proved; thus it's a religion just like any other. That's not a problem; it's just often mislabeled. Religion isn't bad. Everyone is religious in some form or another, even if they claim atheism.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

Wrong thread buddy

JDMEK5

Quote from: Dude on May 21, 2016, 07:00:33 PMWrong thread buddy
Lol sorry. Though it wasn't for the purpose of derailing the subject. I was applying it to this.

Quote from: Altissimo on May 21, 2016, 03:19:26 PMNo, really, why is it only women? Why am I suddenly not allowed to do what I want simply because I'm on the other side of things? This is a straight up horribly sexist and offensive argument, I'm sorry... and this is part of the reason why I think abortion is one sex-difference issue where I believe men should have very little say.
I don't mean to be offensive or anything. I'll just clarify a bit here. I'll acknowledge your reason that men shouldn't have much say in this topic, and to an extent I can agree with that. It is kinda one-sided in the way that you're saying and I understand that. But this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 21, 2016, 03:32:59 PMit's funny, because I don't ever remember JDMEK saying that guys are allowed to have sex whenever they want.
Guys are as accountable to what I said as girls. Any real man will take responsibility for his actions and thus won't put a woman in a position where she has to make a hard decision. I slam guys just as hard; who get a girl pregnant and then ditch, leaving her with the baby and all the responsibilities.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 21, 2016, 03:51:52 PMyou don't have to "avoid the bed", you need to understand the consequences that can come with sex n stuff
Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant. Didn't word it as well as you did.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

NEW TOPIC AS EVERYONE'S OPINIONS ARE TERRIBLE: TRUMPDONALD.ORG

http://trumpdonald.org

Is this the best site or what.

Altissimo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 21, 2016, 06:56:36 PMI was going to say that everyone has a religion. Everyone believes something. Everyone takes beliefs by faith. For example, evolution can't be proved; thus it's a religion just like any other. That's not a problem; it's just often mislabeled. Religion isn't bad. Everyone is religious in some form or another, even if they claim atheism.

I don't think your terminology is correct there. I get what you're trying to say about evolution and atheism being faith-based, and while I personally disagree I don't think a belief in evolution is an example of a religion, since, well, according to dictionary.com:

"Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

Neither of these refer to a belief in evolution, or atheism. I get what you're trying to say but I think your words are wrong, and you'd be better off saying everyone has faith in some belief (which I don't agree with but is one of those things that's impossible to argue) - more like, "everyone has faith, but not everyone has religion".

Dude

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on May 21, 2016, 07:17:23 PMNEW TOPIC AS EVERYONE'S OPINIONS ARE TERRIBLE: TRUMPDONALD.ORG

http://trumpdonald.org

Is this the best site or what.
What even is this.
And why was it put together by an advertising firm.

Dude

I heard it was because the domain wasn't taken at the time so they were like "why not"

Ruto

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 21, 2016, 06:56:36 PMI was going to say that everyone has a religion. Everyone believes something. Everyone takes beliefs by faith. For example, evolution can't be proved; thus it's a religion just like any other. That's not a problem; it's just often mislabeled. Religion isn't bad. Everyone is religious in some form or another, even if they claim atheism.

Holy shit, how the hell do you think you're qualified to give any sort of medical opinion???

derpderpderp

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

guys I'm trying to change the topic so we don't fight about people's bad opinions. can you deal.

Maelstrom

I can deal.

So, I heard that Trump, against all odds, gained support while I was away.
Uhhhh.
Conversation?
Is it working?

Dude

I hate him but I hate Hillary more so...

I wanted kasich buuuuut...

mikey

at least clinton is predictable and will be tied up by the majority-republican congress
unmotivated

Dude

Are you, of all people, telling me to vote for Hillary?

Olimar12345

Feel the bernnnnnnn
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!