News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

As much as I hate Donald, Mike Pence is about fifty times worse. So if Donald dies, I hope Pence does too. Not that I do hope Donald dies.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 09, 2016, 02:20:45 PMYeah, I've never cared about American geography.

This was really refreshing to me
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

People say Trump would put civil rights back 100 years. Pence actually would.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 04:05:18 PMWell...what other anti-establishment options did we have? I guess if you were on the Democrat side, you had Bernie Sanders, and Trump probably would have lost to him. In all honesty, Bernie and Trump had a common theme, and that was their anti-establishment message. I was actually a fan of Ben Carson early in the Republican primaries because he was also separated from the establishment. After he went down, I realized that people like Kasich, Cruz, Rubio, and Bush were just typical establishment candidates. No matter what they said, there is no way they would be able to swing the African American and Latino votes enough to win against either of the Democrats. Trump stood out to me (mainly because of more air time), and I began to agree with his message as I paid more attention to the stances of all the candidates. I actually got the chance to see him live when he stopped in Akron (Ohio), and I was able to compare his actual speech to the media coverage afterwards. It was astounding how much the words of his speech had been skewed and misinterpreted. Also, if his comments towards African Americans and Latinos were apparently "racist," how did he manage to demolish Romney's results in those two demographics? They obviously didn't believe the comments were as harmful as the media portrayed them to be.

Just because pharmaceutical companies are corrupt does not mean alternative medicine is a good idea.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dude

Oh yeah, I forgot about that discrimination bill he tried to pass in Indiana.

...at least Trump's victory speech wasn't boastful or anything so that seemed like a plus.

I'm just irritated that for the next 4 years the face of the country will be an oompa loompa. If he would get like plastic surgery or something to look more attractive I might be ok but it makes me think the US is a laughing stock

Dudeman

Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 05:32:06 PMI'm just irritated that for the next 4 years the face of the country will be an oompa loompa. If he would get like plastic surgery or something to look more attractive I might be ok but it makes me think the US is a laughing stock
okay can we start an initiative to make this happen because now I want this
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2016, 05:21:38 PMPeople say Trump would put civil rights back 100 years. Pence actually would.

Just because pharmaceutical companies are corrupt does not mean alternative medicine is a good idea.

Wait I'm confused...improving African American and Latino communities is putting civil rights...backwards? Unless he is reintroducing segregation and repealing the 19th Amendment, I don't see anything going backwards. Oh, and just so you know, using the same exact metaphor with a different subject doesn't change my opinion.

Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 01:31:56 PM$10 says you'd be saying what I said if Hillary won.

I forgot to comment on this earlier. Hillary shouldn't have legally been allowed to run due to Section 2071 of the US Revised code. Trump hasn't done anything illegal that disqualifies him from running for office. So yes, I would say these things, and have a legitimate, justified reason for saying them. Your claims are mainly based off of opinion, and the woman who accused Trump of rape (the one piece of physical evidence that you had) dropped the claim because the story was fabricated.

Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 05:32:06 PMOh yeah, I forgot about that discrimination bill he tried to pass in Indiana.

...at least Trump's victory speech wasn't boastful or anything so that seemed like a plus.

I'm just irritated that for the next 4 years the face of the country will be an oompa loompa. If he would get like plastic surgery or something to look more attractive I might be ok but it makes me think the US is a laughing stock

For Christ's sake; he isn't THAT orange. And he won't be a laughingstock for long if he gets shit done.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Dude

Quote from: Dudeman on November 09, 2016, 05:35:48 PMokay can we start an initiative to make this happen because now I want this
"I'm sorry, Mr President, but the public has spoken. They can't have a president who's ugly as fuck so we need you to put this paper bag over your head to speak and on your next vacation we'll schedule a visit to a plastic surgeon."

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 09, 2016, 01:53:08 PMMaybe, but having all the votes go to one person simply because they got 1% more of the vote is stupid.
There's no way around that.
^^The simple fact of how close the results were in several states show how divided the American people really are. Disheartening, at the least. :/
On to a general statement:
Now, understand that while I don't like Trump, I'm happy the rest of the gov't is red. But I'm going to watch how this unfolds; I'm giving Trump one year of my semi-support (not that my support matters), and after that, based on what he does, I'll decide from there. Concerning the general thought that "all hell is going to break loose" with this, bear in mind that there are checks & balances. Sure, we do have Republican majority in all of Congress (and soon to be the Supreme Court), but bear in mind that to do anything SUPER MAJOR, a 2/3 vote is needed, and the Republicans don't have that big of a majority. Also, if Trump tries to do something super crazy, remember how many republicans are against him. And if he tries to do anything insane on some nonexistent power he thinks he has, Congress has the impeachment power & can use it if needed. So I don't quite think we'll see all these insane things happening as feared by many.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 05:41:34 PMWait I'm confused...improving African American and Latino communities is putting civil rights...backwards? Unless he is reintroducing segregation and repealing the 19th Amendment, I don't see anything going backwards. Oh, and just so you know, using the same exact metaphor with a different subject doesn't change my opinion.

I can't think of a good way to answer you.

You know what, If Trump doesn't promote the "anti-pc" bigotry culture, doesn't negatively impact gay and women's rights, improves the lives of minorities, and god forbid doesn't destory our alliances or start any dumb wars then I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 05:41:34 PMhe isn't THAT orange.

bruh, he's more orange than a sunset the same color as a tangerine.
I like food.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2016, 06:47:17 PMI can't think of a good way to answer you.

You know what, If Trump doesn't promote the "anti-pc" bigotry culture, doesn't negatively impact gay and women's rights, improves the lives of minorities, and god forbid doesn't destory our alliances or start any dumb wars then I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Bigotry culture: I know Trump did spend a lot of his time saying stuff like "We don't have time to be politically correct." But I don't believe the purpose of this message was to be anti-politically correct. I think he was so worried about stressing the importance of his own issues that he disliked being ridiculed for accidentally using a blunt or "incorrect" term for someone or some group. Maybe he did take it too far sometimes, but I think he'll stay more within the bounds of political correctness as President. Don't expect him to lie or talk around things though.

Gay/Women's rights: I think I've already learned that we differ in opinion here. I believe that both gay marriage and abortion laws should be decided at the state level. I would also support the defunding of Planned Parenthood, but my Catholicism may be showing itself a bit too much here. With a conservative Supreme Court likely to be formed under Trump, these things could come into play. This is not meant to spark debate (it very well may) but I'm just stating where I stand. We don't know much about Trump other than the facts that he is pro-life and is against abortion except for cases of incest and ones where the health of the mother is at risk. But yeah, my beliefs here are religion-based. I guess...whatever happens, happens.

Other Things: Pretty much agree with those. Nothing to really comment on. It's really nice to finally hear someone who was against him be somewhat willing to accept him if he does well. Haven't really heard any of that today.

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 09, 2016, 06:56:20 PMbruh, he's more orange than a sunset the same color as a tangerine.

If this actually becomes an argument even remotely related to the legitimacy of his candidacy, I think I'll die. He could be blue for all I care. If he rules the country well, I don't care what he looks like.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

FireArrow

"Rules" this country. You might want to avoid phrasing it that way in the future. And no one is going to hold anything agaisnt Trump if he does a good job. We're just really scared that he won't.

mikey

Maybe it says something about my character that physical attractiveness is an important quality for me.  He's so orange it looks like he got trapped in a tanning bed overnight

And based off of a few Twitter posts shared on Facebook that may or may not be false, this election was just an outlet for thinly veiled discrimination to come forward, which is a good thing anyway
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on November 09, 2016, 07:29:49 PM"Rules" this country. You might want to avoid phrasing it that way in the future. And no one is going to hold anything agaisnt Trump if he does a good job. We're just really scared that he won't.

Noted. And I definitely understand your fear. Even I have a shade of worry that he won't be able to do stuff as well as he wants. It's natural to fear the unpredictable.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 09, 2016, 05:50:07 PMThe simple fact of how close the results were in several states show how divided the American people really are. Disheartening, at the least. :/
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 09, 2016, 05:50:07 PMhow divided the American people really are.
Considering there are 50 states I feel like it should come as no surprise.

Also I don't care about how orange the idiot looks. Insulting someone someone based on the colour of their skin reminds me of something else anyway. His voice is annoying though.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dude

I always thought it was a spray tan gone horribly wrong but it's been this way for so long it could just be him.

Although him having to get plastic surgery in order to appease the public would make a pretty good south park episode.