News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 07:22:59 PMHe could be blue for all I care.
With being blue, he wouldn't be an Oompa Loompa so much as Violet Beauregarde.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

He'd be Trumpy Smurf

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 09, 2016, 07:56:57 PMWith being blue, he wouldn't be an Oompa Loompa so much as Violet Beauregarde.
Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 07:58:03 PMHe'd be Trumpy Smurf

Sorry I think E Gadd wins this one.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Dude

im shocked you think that

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Half of our country directly endorses, supports, and sustains domestic terrorism.  I'd say we're in pretty shit shape.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 09, 2016, 05:41:34 PMTrump hasn't done anything illegal that disqualifies him from running for office.

Sexual assault and tax fraud are felonies tho so

me irl
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 09, 2016, 09:28:27 PMHalf of our country directly endorses, supports, and sustains domestic terrorism.  I'd say we're in pretty shit shape.
Less than that, since Clinton won the popular vote.
QuoteSexual assault and tax fraud are felonies tho so
He didn't commit tax fraud, though. What he did, while poor business, was completely legal (if we're talking about the returns the NY Times released). In addition, technically speaking, the sexual assault is unproven.
That said, he goes on trial for fraud on the 28th, and for potential child rape on the 13th (which will likely settle before then). He also directly incited violence at many rallies; see "I'd like to punch him in the face".
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on November 09, 2016, 10:30:57 PMLess than that, since Clinton won the popular vote.
A) we're not done counting yet.  B) the 200 some thousand votes for mcmullin were all conservative Mormons who otherwise would have most likely voted trump
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 09, 2016, 10:35:17 PMA) we're not done counting yet.
No, but the trends are pretty clear and will most likely stay constant with small percentage of uncounted votes
QuoteB) the 200 some thousand votes for mcmullin were all conservative Mormons who otherwise would have most likely voted trump
...but they didn't. They voted for Mcmullin.
what is shitpost

mikey

That's just to shut up the haters to say "Clinton would have won if it wasn't for idiots voting third party"
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 09, 2016, 09:28:27 PMHalf of our country directly endorses, supports, and sustains domestic terrorism.  I'd say we're in pretty shit shape.

Sexual assault and tax fraud are felonies tho so

.....Domestic terrorism? That's a new one. I seriously wonder where people get these interpretations of Trump's policies. Honestly I don't even know which part of his policy you are citing. I'm lost. Also, PDS covered most of my arguments on the two "illegal" things. I love it when people mention his supposed "tax fraud." Did he "cheat," to some extent? Yes. But he did not break the law. That's seriously how fucked up the tax code is. If you think it's crazy that someone is able to do that, don't worry. I do too. That's why I supported a guy that plans to rewrite the tax code to make it more simple and free of loopholes.

Quote from: Dude on November 09, 2016, 08:34:26 PMim shocked you think that

Relax, I thought they were both pretty funny!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 10, 2016, 01:23:53 AMThat's just to shut up the haters to say "Clinton would have won if it wasn't for idiots voting third party"

To further that argument, even if all 200,000 voted for Clinton and she won Utah, Trump still has 272.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

KefkaticFanatic

Encouraging direct protest violence, violent racism, constant falsified statements promoting xenophobia, sexism, etc.  It's an obvious trend both of personal character and the type of action and persona he legitimizes.  He has set back our society years by making it justified for someone to be a bigot and a bully.  The views he holds, or at least promotes, are those of the lowest and most disgusting tier of human existence.

There's a reason that college educated individuals trended strongly towards Clinton.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 10, 2016, 06:53:14 AMEncouraging direct protest violence, violent racism, constant falsified statements promoting xenophobia, sexism, etc.  It's an obvious trend both of personal character and the type of action and persona he legitimizes.  He has set back our society years by making it justified for someone to be a bigot and a bully.  The views he holds, or at least promotes, are those of the lowest and most disgusting tier of human existence.

There's a reason that college educated individuals trended strongly towards Clinton.

^THIS!!!! There's a reason that so many people with a shred of higher education support Clinton.

Also @TMP domestic terrorism exists. It refers to an act of terrorism against one's own country. An example is the Pulse club in Orlando that was the site of a mass shooting in June--perpetrated by an American, but any acts of domestic violence intended to have a terroristic effect qualify.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nep-Nep

None of us have much of a clue how a Trump presidency will actually be. He might be horrible, he might not be. It's hard to differentiate the policy from the rhetoric. However, the main problem brought about by this election is the divide between people. We no longer can just disagree with each other, we have to hate and look down upon those who disagree with us. We can't undo the election, and we can't influence policy much at this point. We can, all of us, work on the social divide though. Whether someone voted for Trump, or Clinton, they should be treated with same respect as you'd want. I doubt most people who voted for Trump did so with the mentality of "Oh man, I love how racist, misogynistic and evil this guy is!". Some may have, but those people are going to be like that anyway. Most Trump supporters have legitimate reasons, even if they are ideologically different than ours. It's cool.

All of the things we criticize Trump for, we can personally work to defeat by being accepting and respectful of each other. Engaging with each other in meaningful dialogue and not reducing each other to basic stereotypes and assumptions.

Sebastian

Quote from: Nep-Nep on November 10, 2016, 11:06:53 AMHowever, the main problem brought about by this election is the divide between people. We no longer can just disagree with each other, we have to hate and look down upon those who disagree with us.
I noticed this too. It really is sad.
I, for one, have been (as of recently [approx. 1 year prior] and from here on out) trying to be more accepting towards people that I disagree with. I don't only want to tolerate people, but also want to accept and love people that I don't agree with, just as much as I accept and love those I do agree with. I've noticed that nothing gets done when fighting, hate, etc. goes on. I used to be pretty bad in real life, and even here on NSM, but I've put in a huge effort over the past year to change. I believe I have succeeded.

I say this now because of this election. This election has done nothing, but cement these feelings of mine: Acceptance and love towards all.