Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

not all conservatives are christian
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Also keep in mind that the reason that many liberals don't tolerate Trump is because tolerance of intolerance is opposite to liberal values.
what is shitpost

mikey

does the overuse of the word "bigot" bother anybody else
unmotivated

daj

so um, the silent majority has spoken.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/11/21-heartbreaking-things-happened-people-color-one-day-trumps-win/

Ahh, it doesn't matter what Trump proposed anymore. Forget the bigotry and the economic destruction. But look at this.

People aren't seeing his presidency as a "change to the status quo", as they said. It's a mandate for white supremacy.

All the best, Americans. World's watching~

FireArrow

@daj I'm hoping that's just dumb racist people falsely thinking that it's ok to do that now. If not, uh, yeah...

Quote from: Nep-Nep on November 10, 2016, 11:06:53 AM-stuff about being divided-

That's really easy for white straight people (or really anyone that's)  not directly impacted by these policies. I'm gay, how am I supposed to look at people that want to ban gay marriage. If someone says they don't think gay marriage should be legal, they're not just stating their opinion, they're literally saying to my face that I should not be allowed to get married and disguising that with "oh it's muh opinion don't judge me for it." This division is created by people proposing policies that directly harm groups of people and those people fighting back. So what's your solution, for us to bend over (metaphorically...) and let our human rights be voted away for the sake of unity?

Both sides are guilty of this, so just ask yourself. Does Trump have any intention of ending this cycle or is he just gonna vouch for the conservative side of the story?

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 10, 2016, 04:00:08 PMIt seems as the more liberal group preaches and lives by tolerance, is this not so? And yet, I know a lot of liberals that, though they preach tolerance at everyone else, and they expect tolerance from everyone else, they don't return the favor. Why is this? Can any of you explain this to me? I'm wanting to know if there's a way to "equalize" things, as it's causing a great tension at school. Some of my friends of the liberal persuasion are beginning to turn on me with this same message, although I'd like to think I'm being tolerant to some degree or other.

Either you're thinking of a vocal minority or you're falsely equating intolerance of intolerance with intolerance of specific groups of people.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:16:01 PM(Preface: Regardless of how I word this, I will probably be labeled as a racist. I just want to say now that I do not believe that any one race is more or less qualified to be accepted into college; don't interpret me as saying that. In fact, I hold to heart the Christian teaching that there is only one race: the human race. The color of our skin or our accent does not make us better or worse than someone else. With that being said, back to the argument.)

You're delusional if you think that's a Christian value. It's just poorly phrased human decency. I say poorly phrased because phrased because acting like race doesn't exist creates issues, but the sentiment behind your statement is good. Not trying to insult you.

QuoteOne final thought. Currently, Clinton leads Trump by 301,002 votes in the popular vote (for some reason they STILL aren't done). If you remove California from the picture, Trump is ahead by 2,219,717 votes. So he won by a landslide in 98% of the country's votes. So California, if you're really serious about this secession thing, go right on ahead. No one (especially the Republicans) is going to stop you. However, I did some research and found that even if Californians were in favor of leaving the USA, they wouldn't be able to be fully independent until 2019. Maybe by then, Mr. Trump will change your opinion. Deep down, everyone in the country should want him to do well. Wishing for him to fail is like hoping that the pilot of a plane you are on crashes because he gave you a dirty look when you boarded. So while I would never attempt to stop you from leaving, I wish you would open your minds a little bit and give this guy a chance. We've had a Republican in office before. (I know, I know, Trump is not a typical Republican. But still, my point holds.)

I'm going to give you the benifit of the doubt and assume I misunderstood you because this sounds incredibly dumb.

1. Yes, there is something stopping California from seceding. It's called the government. Come on dude, remember the civil war?
2. Or do you mean no one is gonna stop us because Trump and his supporters don't want us? So much for the entire argument you've been making (plus ya'll would be screwed without California's economy.)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 10, 2016, 04:37:20 PMdoes the overuse of the word "bigot" bother anybody else

I suppose people could try and widen their vocabulary.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

the things happening right now are from a handful of idiots who don't know anything.  The ones that are actually happening, anyway
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:49:55 PMTrump never actually told anyone to commit a violent act towards someone. He did sarcastically say it once, but he never actually wanted people to become violent.
k, I speak sarcasm as my first language so I know when I say that wasn't fuckin sarcasm.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on November 10, 2016, 06:42:54 PMk, I speak sarcasm as my first language so I know when I say that wasn't fuckin sarcasm.
I didn't hear what he said in this instance but I can confirm that dude is one of the leading authorities on sarcasm and backhandedness
unmotivated

Dude

Bitch, ya got that right.

Waddle Bro

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 10, 2016, 11:25:19 AMif you're not religious you can feel free to disregard this, but a lot of the things happening right now were seen by prophets like Paul, Isaiah, and Peter.  Everything coming to pass is just a sign of you know what

If you had studied early-to-mid 20th century history, you would also know exactly what is going on.  The majority of our country is incapable of making decisions beyond that which is in their individual interest.

me irl
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 11, 2016, 07:54:23 AMIf you had studied early-to-mid 20th century history, you would also know exactly what is going on.

I mean you could also just say 1917 Russia and 1930s Germany ;)
what is shitpost

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:16:01 PMPreface: Regardless of how I word this, I will probably be labeled as a racist.
Anytime you have to create a preface of how your next thought isn't racist.....it's gonna be racist.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:16:01 PMthey will admit lesser qualified students over more qualified ones just so they can add another country to their list.
Qualified HOW?  Because they had better GPA's?  Because they grew up in a situation where they have an overwhelming advantage over others?

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:16:01 PMbigotry is intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
Now let me pull a few quotes from President-elect Donald Trump's personal history.

""When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bring crime. They're rapists..."

"Our great African-American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore."

"Jeb Bush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife."

I don't know about you, but this sounds like a bigot to me.

mikey

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on November 11, 2016, 01:06:36 PMI don't know about you, but this sounds like a bigot to me.

to me it sounds like a racist.
WRONG.  WRONG.  YOU'RE WRONG sounds more like bigotry than that
unmotivated

Dude

Isn't this one of those things we talk about where R is B but B is not necessarily R

Edit: I changed the letters for easier understanding.