News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[GC] LoZ: Wind Waker - "Makar's Prayer" (string quartet/string orchestra)

Started by Ruto, September 03, 2012, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Hehe, I don't lurk on this topic much...

My friend's looking for a good arrangement of Makar's Prayer from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for a string quartet or string orchestra. (He will perform it with an orchestra, etc...) He's wondering if anyone here from NSM is willing to do it, but the catch is, he needs it in a week from today :o

Here's the video, and there are already arrangements of the piece on the internet or even the songbook...and it's about 40 seconds long on average.

I realize that this request could be pretty difficult due to time constraints, but it's worth a try if you do have time this week. After all, you might get the chance to see it performed XD The arrangement should still resemble the original melody, but you would actually need to compose the parts for the other instruments. Creativity would actually do well here *cough* xD Playability is also important.

You can message me for more details.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

An arrangement for a string orchestra in a week?

I'll take the case! But I'll do one better, what if I also feature a string quartet within the orchestra? It'd just be the principle chairs from each section.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

Sounds all right to me. Still technically sounds like a string orchestra though XD

MaestroUGC

Ruto

Hmm I never asked him that. Probably not more than a few minutes...the original piece is less than a minute so I don't know how much more you can add lol.

Ruto

So that everyone gets the same tools:

MP3
A fan arrangement from that youtube link here
Nintendo's piano arrangement: 1 2

I hope someone (or more than one person) could submit something. I can't say he'll definitely pick someone's though.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Ruto

MaestroUGC

That's vey good, although I'm hearing shades of late Beethoven. My version should be done by saturday, unless you're happy with this.

Ruto

MaestroUGC

Eh, take Dahan's, this was fun to work on at first, but the melody is starting to annoy me now. Plus there's other projects which I've been working on for a while now that will be performed with the next year, as opposed to the maybe here. Combine that with being scheduled for work every evening it really leaves you with no time for side projects.

Ruto

That's too bad. I was really interested in what people would come up with, but that's fine too. Thanks for trying though.