News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG XL: Uprising Madness

Started by spitllama, September 26, 2012, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

To paraphrase this game, there are three teams- wolves, independents, and humans. All three teams are competing for their own victories. Certain roles possess "divinity," which protects from other teams' attacks (excluding corruptions/seerings/wolfings/lynchings/corrections). No teams know who their partners are.

TWG XL: Uprising Madness

Underworld Army (UA): (Wolves)

1. Lord of the Underworld- Hades (Master Wolf Converter) During the day, Hades will choose a player to corrupt. If the targeted player has divinity, they will be turned into an underworld slave at the end of the next night phase. Corrupted players lose their abilities as slaves and become red. Corruptions are not public. Hades does not possess divinity.
2. God of Death- Thanatos (Wolf Guardian) Thanatos can guard any one player each night from attacks (Pit/Forces of Nature/Hades/Pandora/Magnus). Thanny-poo is immune to attacks from both Pit and the Forces of Nature. Thanatos does not possess divinity.
3. Goddess of Calamity- Pandora (Wolf Seer) Pandora can pick a target each night to seer. She receives color and whether or not the person has divinity. Magnus will be seer'd as the player he became during that night phase. Pandora possesses divinity.

Forces of Nature (FoN): (Independents)

4. Goddess of Nature- Viridi (Independent Seer) May seer each night phase for color. Does not possess divinity.
5. Arlon the Serene (Independent Seer) May seer each night phase for fellow independents. If they are not an independent, no results are given. Does not possess divinity.
6. Phosphora the Lightning Flash (Independent) May seer each night phase for fellow independents. If they are not an independent, no results are given. Does not possess divinity.

The FoN hate everybody, but their victory relies on alliances with other teams. They must "correct" (equivalent of a wolfing) 1 player each night, but their kill can be changed/nulled in several ways:
a. If they correct a divine player, the target's divine status will be permanently removed, but the target will survive.
b. If they correct a corrupted player, that player will revert back to their original self and team. The FoN are told at the start of the night phase if a player will be corrupted that phase. A decision to save that player does not use up that night's correction. The identity of the saved player is secret.
c. If they correct Pit, one FoN commander will die at random and Pit will survive.

If Hades is corrected, the FoN will stop their nightly corrections and Hades will be captured (which will be publicly noted). The Underworld can save Hades by wolfing all FoN. If the game ends while the FoN have a hold of Hades, the FoN win. Both other teams lose.
Alternatively, if Hades is wolfed or lynched, the FoN's objective will change to eliminating everyone else (when this occurs, it will be privately noted to the FoN -- Pit and Thanatos become vulnerable).

Palutena's Army (PA): (Humans)

7. Goddess of Light- Palutena (Guardian) Palutena has weakened divine force from the UA and FoN overstepping their realms. As such, she may become divine for one night phase of her choice (sends PM that night). May guard one player each night from everything except corrections (may not self-guard).
8. Master Swordsman- Magnus (Morph/seer) – Magnus can interact with other teams. During the day he will select a username (by PM) and effectively "become" that player for the course of the following night. (Ex/ If Magnus selects a wolf, he may vote for wolfings). If he attempts to become Hades, he will become corrupted and join the underworld as a slave. Does not possess divinity. Magnus cannot copy divinity.
9. Captain of the Guard- Pit (Role-Blocker) Pit attacks with light and prevents targets from performing their night actions (Sends a night PM). If he targets a FoN commander with this attack, the FoN is killed. If Pit is attacked by the FoN, one of the FoN will die, and Pit will survive. Possesses divinity.
10. Centurion (Human) Possesses divinity
11. Centurion (Human) Possesses divinity
12. Centurion (Human) Does not possess divinity

Divinity
a. Divine players are protected from Magnus impersonations, Pit attacks, and one FoN correction
b. If a divine player is attacked by Hades' corruption, they will become an underworld slave.

(Note: Wolfings and corrections are proportional- Ex/ Two wolves vote for one player and one wolf votes for another = 66% chance the first player dies and 33% chance the second dies. Both wolfing and corrections are listed as "attacks" (or "kills" if successful) to avoid distinction.

Potential Outcomes:
1) Wolves outnumber humans (not FoN + humans!)                         --> Wolves vs. FoN deathmatch (one team must eradicate the other)

2) All wolves are killed                                                                       --> Humans vs. FoN deathmatch (one team must eradicate the other)

3) FoN have Hades when either outcome 1) or outcome 2) occurs   --> FoN wins

4) All FoN are killed                                                                            --> Either outcome 1) or 2) must occur (like in typical TWG games)

*To repeat an old fact, when Hades is captured, he's effectively dead, and the wolf count reflects that.
*In outcome 1), the remaining humans stay alive, and can lynch as they please. However, the human team has already lost, and their lynches can solely affect whether or not the wolves win or the FoN win.

1. MaestroUGC
2. Zunawe
3. SocialFox
4. gzgregory
5. Bubbles7689
6. the_last_sheikah
7. FSM-Reapr
8. Jub3r7
9. BlackDragonSlayer
10. vermilionvermin
11. Bird
12. davy

PMs are still being sent! PMs have been sent!

Things to Keep in Mind:
1. The phase ends on the dot in terms of votes and powers, even if I'm a couple minutes late.
2. Wolves may send in as many votes as they want. The last vote is what counts.
3. This is a confusing game, and I get that. SEND ME QUESTIONS! I'd love to answer them.
4. FoN alliances are KEY. Just because you, a wolf, find a FoN does not necessarily mean they should be wolfed! Likewise, just because you, a human, find a FoN does not necessarily mean they should be lynched! They can benefit both teams, and the FoN can't win themselves without help from others.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends Saturday, September 29, 2012, at 11PM EST/10PM CST/9PM MST/8PM PST/7PM AST
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

Bird

somebody explain this game to me plz
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Alright, well I looked over the game. I think it would be best if the Roleblocker claimed, so we can get some alliance up in here, if you know what I mean.

I also think that Hades should claim. He's really more of a hazard to his team than a help, since his capture could lead to the FoN winning. Also, if he claims, he'll be able to get the rest of his wolves together. It's a win-win, yo!

Yugi

Quote from: Bird on September 26, 2012, 10:51:28 PMAlright, well I looked over the game. I think it would be best if the Roleblocker claimed, so we can get some alliance up in here, if you know what I mean.
I WANTED TO SAY THAT SO I COULD BE A SOMEBODY.

spitllama

Added four points of interest to the OP.

Also, all PMs have been sent.
Submissions Page

Bird

(1:14:39 AM) Fox: so have both of you got your Pm's
(1:14:39 AM) Vermilionvermin: yes
(1:14:44 AM) bird: ya br0
(1:14:46 AM) Vermilionvermin: yes
(1:14:56 AM) Fox: got mine.
(1:15:06 AM) Fox: WHY AM I ALWAY"S HUMAn.
(1:15:08 AM) bird: lol
(1:15:18 AM) bird: there's like a 75% chance you're lying right now
(1:15:23 AM) bird: well more even
(1:15:30 AM) bird: since i'm human
(1:15:51 AM) bird: what role r u verm
(1:16:22 AM) Vermilionvermin: human
(1:16:25 AM) bird: lol wow!
(1:16:29 AM) bird: what are the chances
(1:16:30 AM) Vermilionvermin: means everyone else is wolfs!
(1:16:32 AM) bird: all three humans
(1:16:36 AM) bird: in the chat right now
(1:16:47 AM) Vermilionvermin: 1 in a bajillion
(1:16:55 AM) bird: yes

1. MaestroUGC
2. Zunawe

3. SocialFox
4. gzgregory
5. Bubbles7689
6. the_last_sheikah
7. FSM-Reapr
8. Jub3r7
9. BlackDragonSlayer

10. vermilionvermin
11. Bird
12. davy

gg

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: spitllama on September 26, 2012, 11:04:46 PMAdded four points of interest to the OP.

Also, all PMs have been sent.
Ready.  8)

This is my first game, so I hope that I'm not too confused!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Who is Pit?  Who is Hades?

Pit should say who he is.  Palutena can protect him from everything but corrections, and he's already immune to those.  This gives the humans a leader and that's always good.

Hades should also obviously say who he is.  He can set up Thanatos and Pandora, and then Thanatos can guard Pandora.

I'm not sure how to deal with the FoN. 

spitllama

Just clarifying that this is 3 v. 3. Only one team wins. Human and wolf victories are obtained by the usual rules.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

I claim Hades, suckers!

Finally a wolf, fff yah!

FSM-Reapr

Okay, here's the plan. The FoN members should claim to me so they could help us to win. You guys have more use to us when all 3 of you can seer. We'll find Palutena and wolf her. Then we kill the rest. The reason you want to team up with me is that I promise to tell you eachothers roles and I don't want to accidentally corrupt you.

davy

Waiting for Pit.

Also spit, as you had so many time between posting this game in the host sign-ups the first time and actually hosting it, you'd better have a super awsome story.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

Can I can I can I write the story, mashiiiiiiiii(get it, he's the please)?

My previous story was ruined because I revealed that I was supposed to be Loudred... :(