News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Poll on Mario Kart Wii (*HUGE SPOILERS*)

Started by chipmunk884, April 28, 2008, 05:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best new character in Mario Kart Wii

Rosalina
11 (32.4%)
Funky Kong
6 (17.6%)
Dry Bowser
6 (17.6%)
Baby Daisy
2 (5.9%)
Mii
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

chipmunk884

I want to know what you think the best new character to Mario Kart Wii is.  Personally, I think that Rosalina and Dry Bowser are awesome (even though i have only unlocked rosalina, not dry bowser).  What do you think.  And also, what are your opinions on the new bikes and trick system.  Finally, post your opinion on the new stages (especially the new rainbow road) along with your opinion on the bike and trick system.  Personally, I love the new bikes and trick system, and the new rainbow road is very hard.

DrHectic

Rosalina is a heavy...which I think is strange. My Mii makes the stupidest most pretentious sounds! As for the new tracks, I agree that rainbow road is harder (I fall off at the last corner because I forget it's there :(), and I think koopa cape is cool. But generally, I like the older tracks better to be honest

chipmunk884

Just as a side note, when do you think that nintendo will start using the "tournament" option under the mario kart wii channel.  And btw, i think that the new ghost system is awesome, being able to play against anyone's ghost across wifi, especially viewing the top players ghost to find new shortcuts.  I found a huge shortcut using a mushroom in rainbow road

MegaMoo

Quote from: DrHectic on April 29, 2008, 05:44:32 AMBut generally, I like the older tracks better to be honest

That's funny. I thought that Mario Kart Wii actually chose pretty bad Retro courses. I mean, the game has three Mario Circuits and a Mario Raceway. And what's with choosing DS Dry Dry Desert over Airship Fortress?! Airship Fortress is the best course in any of the games.

KefkaticFanatic

Actually the N64 Bowser's Castle is, which is why I'm incredibly happy about the final retro cup :D

Most of the choices are pretty decent though.

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

MegaMoo

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 29, 2008, 10:33:06 PMActually the N64 Bowser's Castle is, which is why I'm incredibly happy about the final retro cup :D

Most of the choices are pretty decent though.

I agree that N64 Bowser's Castle is a very good course, but generally the courses selected were kind of lame (but not as much so as on the DS).

Dude

Rosalina = Awesome

When Baby Daisy says her name, it makes me want to shoot myself :P It really sounds like a screwed up southern baby talking. XD

EDIT: Can I edit this?

EDIT2: Cool I can ^^

razer84

the Mii is pretty cool. i love the new rainbow road, but my favorite new stage is the one with the trees, and the Wigglers (i forget what it's called). i think tricks are overdue for the series and i'm glad the included them, and i like bikes more than karts.

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

Meh, tricks are just gimmicks.  The new rainbow road is really awesome though, I agree.  I like how they put a big Mario Galaxy-esque planet under it, it looks way better than the old one.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

Are there tracks in the Wii version that have certain things missing from multiplayer (like the extra fireballs in Double Dash's Bowser's Castle, or the extra balloon-things in Rainbow Road)?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

razer84

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on May 05, 2008, 07:46:01 AMAre there tracks in the Wii version that have certain things missing from multiplayer (like the extra fireballs in Double Dash's Bowser's Castle, or the extra balloon-things in Rainbow Road)?

i dunno, but it seems like it sometimes...

damn commies.

MegaMoo

Yes, there are. The pipe to the left on Peach Beach was removed, obviously because its only advantage was the fact that it gave you a double item box which no longer exist. Also, many courses have things that are added.

On another note: what determines the ratings you get in Grand Prix?

KefkaticFanatic

The pipe is removed from the game entirely.  He is asking about things that are only not there in multiplayer races.  Also, I assume the times are what determines the ratings, because getting 60 points has gotten me both 1 star and C ratings :-\

me irl
[close]

MegaMoo

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 05, 2008, 05:10:47 PMThe pipe is removed from the game entirely.  He is asking about things that are only not there in multiplayer races.  Also, I assume the times are what determines the ratings, because getting 60 points has gotten me both 1 star and C ratings :-\

That's rather frusterating, as the time mostly depends on how many lightning bolts/blue shells/POW blocks the computers get.