Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Underworld Army (UA): (Wolves)

1. Lord of the Underworld- Hades (Master Wolf Converter)       - SocialFox
2. God of Death- Thanatos (Wolf Guardian)                               - Bird
3. Goddess of Calamity- Pandora (Wolf Seer)                            - Jub3r7

Forces of Nature (FoN): (Independents)

4. Goddess of Nature- Viridi (Independent Seer)                  - davy
5. Arlon the Serene (Independent Seer)                               - gzgregory
6. Phosphora the Lightning Flash (Independent)                  - Zunawe

Palutena's Army (PA): (Humans)

7. Goddess of Light- Palutena (Guardian)                              - Vermilionvermin
8. Master Swordsman- Magnus (Morph/seer)                        - FSM-Reapr
9. Captain of the Guard- Pit (Role-Blocker)                            - Popping soap
10. Centurion (Human)                                                          - MaestroUGC
11. Centurion (Human)                                                          - the_last_sheikah
12. Centurion (Human) (w/o divinity)                                     - BlackDragonSlayer

Night 1:
Wolfing Votes-
Thanatos- SocialFox
Hades- Jub3r7
Pandora- N/A

Jub3r7 was wolfed

Correction Votes-
Arlon- Vermilionvermin
Viridi- FSM
Phosphora- N/A

FSM was corrected, but was guarded by Thanatos

Role-block-
Pit- gzgregory

gzgregory was destroyed by light

Thanatos guarded FSM successfully
Pandora seered Bird unsuccessfully
Viridi seered Zunawe Purple
Phosphora seered Bird (not a FoN)
Arlon seered Maestro unsuccessfully
Palutena guarded Bubbles

Day 1:
Lynching-
FSM was lynched by an insta

Hades corrupted Bird unsuccessfully
FSM morphed into someone I can't remember

Night 2:
Wolfing Votes-
Thanatos- SocialFox
Hades- Bird

Bird was wolfed

Correction Votes-
Viridi- N/A
Phosphora- Verm

Vermilionvermin was corrected

Role-Block-
Pit- Zunawe

Zunawe was destroyed by light

Thanatos guarded Bird unsuccessfully
Viridi seered SocialFox Green
Phosphora seered MaestroUGC unsuccessfully
Palutena guarded Bubbles unsuccessfully

Day 2:
Lynching-
davy was lynched by an insta

Hades corrupted Bubbles successfully

All FoN killed

Night 3:
Wolfing Votes-
SocialFox- the_last_sheikah

the_last_sheikah was wolfed

Role-Block-
Pit- BlackDragonSlayer

Day 3:

SocialFox and Bubbles           vs.              MaestroUGC and BlackDragon Slayer

Wolves Win

1. MaestroUGC-- The point where we started to see you was during Night 2. As late as this was, you definitely did a nice job to keep the humans on track. Bubbles had a guide through you, your suspicions were spot on, and your conversation with Zunawe was incredibly helpful for the human team. You pushed for a lynch of davy in the chat log, and though it was bad to remove the last FoN, it was still impressive that you were able to figure out that davy was not human. Thanks for stepping up to the plate when everyone else was dying.

2. Zunawe—I liked how you separated yourself from your role right off the bat. Questions about the FoN's role in chats and in the thread were a good choice. However, as you already know, you can't let other players get to you. Bird is a tough player, but that doesn't mean you have to spill the beans. There's almost always an explanation that can get you out of a tight spot. While your activity in the thread left more to be desired, you were very prompt with PMs and your analysis with davy was really well done (even if it was a little inaccurate). You're getting better in TWG each time. Keep it up!

3. SocialFox-- Wolf MVP To be honest, I really didn't want to give this to you :P While you cranked out a victory, you also wolfed Jub, you wolfed Bird, and you even attempted to corrupt Bird. Your suspicions on humans were waaay off and how you managed to be sure that those 2 out of the other 9 players were humans, I don't really know.
On a happier note, though, you were one of the most active players of the game. While you didn't offer much in chats besides basic questions, you always kept those communication lines open-- which is invaluable for a wolf faking humanity. Sorry about the time zone mix-ups. Took me a while to get it right...

4. gzgregory-- Your death was really random. Sorry about how that turned out. I was actually pulling for the FoN, given that they were a new team and all. Thanks for your involvement, however short-lived it was!

5. Bubbles7689-- Pit! You were great in your PM convos. Discussions with Verm about suspicions, who you should use your powers on, talks with Maestro, etc. These were all great decisions and you were prompt in responses. I felt like you needed to be a bit more directing to the thread. While I saw you a lot in PMs, other players felt like you just were never there! When you have more info than anyone else, don't be afraid to make decisions! I was writing this throughout each of the phases, so bear with me—nice involvement in the last couple phases! You kept everyone on track and asked tons of questions. I liked how you really stepped up to the plate. The human team thanks you!
I probably wouldn't have taken out all the FoN if I was in your position, but I also realize that everyone around you was pretty set on removing them from the game. The FoN may have saved the humans in the end.

6. the_last_sheikah—Bit of a different playing style for you this game. I believe you said earlier in the game that you were confused. Your role was also a Centurion (not very exciting role, huh?). These two pieces paired together don't really encourage activity, but hey it's whatevah. Not every game can be a "Perfect Apples"  game :P

7. FSM-Reapr-- Human MVP Guarded by a wolf of all players? :P Woooow. Your reasoning was kind of meh in attempting to get the FoN to claim to you. If there's one thing the FoN shouldn't do, it's tell Hades who they are. Were you actually receiving claims or was that a lie? Your lynch in Day 1 was kind of expected, as I'm sure you knew :P Verm and Bubbles were pretty sure you weren't actually Hades, but they couldn't stop the firestorm lynch that Bird encouraged. HOWEVER, the reason you've received MVP is because you gained so many claims for Bubbles to use. While they weren't always real claims  ::) , you instantly thought over a plan and used it. It really pushed the game forward. When davy claimed Magnus, it helped Bubbles tremendously to see right through him. Had more players known about it, or had you claimed a different role than Hades, it might have worked better. Love your activity man! Every game you are spot on and devoted! Wish you could have morphed... I was excited.

8. Jub3r7-- I was really looking forward to you playing as a wolf this game :( Can't believe you got wolfed of all things. Thanks for playing regardless.

9. BlackDragonSlayer—Honorable Mention This was your first game? You did great! Seriously your activity was awesome for a game as confusing as this one. You'll think the next TWG is the easiest thing you've ever played :D Surprisingly, your suspicions were actually pretty accurate (starting in about Day 2).

10. vermilionvermin-- Kind of atypical Verm this game: In the thread you were kind of in 'n out. Seemed like posts were more to keep everyone on track rather than offer new insights/suspicions. However, in PMs you were great. Bubbles relied on your comments and inputs and used them till the end of the game. You guys got all the FoN! I probably would have left more alive, but it was an impressive feat to find them nevertheless.

11. Bird—Sorry for pissing you off on the first phase end. It was a wee bit long. During the game, you relied on FSM being a new and ignorant player. While his strategy wasn't exactly the best, he definitely wasn't the Hades you thought he was! Because of this, you were actually encouraging players to send claims to FSM :P Nice job encouraging the FSM lynch. However I'm not quite sure I understand- while you got a top human out, didn't you think he was Hades (by the PM you sent me)? Why waste him? Claiming Viridi definitely threw a stick in things. Zunawe was totally caught off guard, since davy found HIM through seering. I think he started to have his own doubts about who his partners were. Your role in the chat was dastardly, to say the least. Nice job squeezing out info. Your death was by wolfing, which was especially hilarious since you had guarded yourself.

12. davy-- FoN MVP Why oh why did you ask for the phase extension on the thread?!? That killed you (literally) man! Bird suspected you and wanted to wolf you, claiming that no player would ask that besides a special human. Concurrently, Verm was positive that meant you were a wolf. Either way, your death was guaranteed. Great activity, and nice job on the seering. If you could have survived for one more day, you could have got Hades-- I'm almost sure of it. :)
Sorry for the preemptive lynch :( It was a total brain-fart. If it makes you feel any better, though, Bubbles and Maestro had agreed in PM to lynch you. Bubbles meant to vote for you but didn't until I had already made the mistake.

The game—Well I think it had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I was not able to come up with every possible outcome before starting the game. Questions were coming in constantly, which is good, but it also made me realize how much more info I should have made available on the first page. I feel like everyone enjoyed it, and it was a good step into more complicated games. Any objections?

The host—I was 'meh.' Could have been better. While phase ends were on time, there was a lot of griping about extensions and time zones, etc. I should have just left everything how it was at the start and not even asked about reductions/extensions. It ended up being a successful game, but I could have done more in making it smoother.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

vermilionvermin

FSM's lynching was really difficult.  I think that his plan was good.  The only problem was that he claimed Hades, and the fact that he claimed Hades meant there was an urgency in lynching him before he could post--hence why he was unable to defend himself.  In hindsight, I should have tried to convince Bubbles to save you, but there wasn't really much I could do without revealing myself to be a special.

I'm curious as to why I was corrected Night 2.  I told Maestro to claim Arlon to Zunawe in order to influence the correcting toward one of the people I thought was suspicious (Socialfox and Sheikah were the two I suggested).  Somehow this got shifted to me.  I'm not sure if Maestro thought I was suspicious, which I probably was for trying to influence the correction, or if that was Zunawe's own choice.

Zunawe

Oh well. It was fun.

Maestro, I hadn't realized that you were looking for Hades until after I had basically given it away. That was unfortunate, but I wanted to be sure of what I was saying. We were extremely lucky in night one, because davy seer'd me probably for the same reason Bird suspected me. After I was found out I just started spouting out random stuff to see if I could find out anything to pass on to davy before I died. I'm not sure how much it helped.

@Verm davy had suggested I vote for you before I went into the chat, and you seemed suspicious enough in the thread, so that's what I did. By the time I had figured out that you were probably human, it was too late to change my vote. Sorry about that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

spitllama

Wolves were hilarious. Every night phase they voted for their partners. SocialFox, you somehow managed to bring your team the win even after wolfing your partners every time you got the chance.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

Yep, should've went with my gut. Alright, Fox, now I know you better, so let's try this again...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

Verm, I told Bird and Gzgregory to correct(=nullify) you Night 1(assuming you were Pandora) so I could morph you. Maybe they thought that you were a FoN or something.

BlackDragonSlayer

I KNEW IT! SocialFox was Hades!

And I had that suspicion that davy was a FoN (but not Viridi) when Maestro gave me the idea that Bird wasn't...

FSM was Magnus. :o

Bubbles was corrupted and tried to role-block me... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: spitllama on October 04, 2012, 08:59:53 PMWolves were hilarious. Every night phase they voted for their partners. SocialFox, you somehow managed to bring your team the win even after wolfing your partners every time you got the chance.
Teehee.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 04, 2012, 09:07:04 PMYep, should've went with my gut. Alright, Fox, now I know you better, so let's try this again...
I should have told you my suspicion earlier, when we were in chat... I didn't exactly trust you either at the time... :P

My uneasy feeling about SocialFox was asserted when he suggested the KitB suituation... as if he wanted a layer of chaos that he could take advantage of...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Not my best game, though that's what I get for putting forth effort too late into the game. That, combined with the fact that certains details of information weren't presented until they were asked about, and the fact that I didn't pay too close attention when the game started, and the fact that I didn't read closely enough to realize that there could be triple deaths in a single night.

Hmm, should've studied for this one.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

It was almost Impossible for me to lose guys.
I was about to claim in the thread but I decided not to.

spitllama

I really loved the activity in this game. Thanks guys.

Only reason I didn't end the phase after Day 2 was if SocialFox decided to wolf Bubbles, he wouldn't have had even numbers with humans. I was 99% sure he wouldn't do that, but I had to let it go regardless.

@davy, you got the reading on SocialFox, and the whole time I was thinking "man if he can survive this next day, he'll probably capture Hades." Unfortunately it was not to be.
Submissions Page

Yugi

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 04, 2012, 09:07:04 PMYep, should've went with my gut. Alright, Fox, now I know you better, so let's try this again...
We should be wolf partners sometime.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on October 04, 2012, 09:47:30 PMIt was almost Impossible for me to lose guys.
I was about to claim in the thread but I decided not to.
Brilliant tactic. You gave almost no suspicion that you were a wolf; if I didn't have that little sixth sense, I wouldn't gave been able to detect you. If only it had been earlier...

One thing I found funny, though, was when Maestro said on chat "...thinning out the herd..." Unfortunately, that made me more uneasy. :P

Sheikah was my second suspect; I didn't know he was a fellow Centurion! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber