General Notepad Questions

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 06, 2012, 07:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Trying to fix up a lot of my .MUS files because the import to NotePad is awful.  If anybody else has any questions regarding NotePad, feel free to post them here.

1) Can I edit metronome markings?  If so, how?

2) Can I edit or move around ottava markings?  If so, how?

3) Can I write text in the middle of the page? (i.e. ritardando) If so, how?

4) Can I adjust the sizes of measures?  If so, how?

If this proves helpful, maybe we can even get it stickied.  Thanks!

JDMEK5

1) Yes. I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere before, but you want to check out the "Maestro Font".
It's basically a font in which letters are changed to notes, and other musical symbols.
A quarter note, for example, is "q" in the maestro font. Written completely in Times New Roman, a sample metronome marking would look like this: q = 120
Highlight the "q" and change the font. The font will be changed only for the characters highlighted.

2) No.

3) Yes. Just use the text tool to put whatever you want wherever you want.

4) Not halfway through a piece. You'll need a specific layout for that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 06, 2012, 07:15:15 PMTrying to fix up a lot of my .MUS files because the import to NotePad is awful.  If anybody else has any questions regarding NotePad, feel free to post them here.

1) Can I edit metronome markings?  If so, how?
2) Can I edit or move around ottava markings?  If so, how?
3) Can I write text in the middle of the page? (i.e. ritardando) If so, how?
4) Can I adjust the sizes of measures?  If so, how?
If this proves helpful, maybe we can even get it stickied.  Thanks!
1)You can edit the metronome markings in my template because it uses the text tool. Else, you cannot edit tempo expressions.
2)No, you cannot. I may be able to make one using text, but these will not be functional (notes under it won't sound an octave higher or lower).
3)Use the text tool, Double click where you want the text to be, and type. These will not be functional, so if you want to use stuff like ritardandos you'll have to use the appropriate expression (rit. is in my template *cough cough*)
4)No.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

TheZeldaPianist275

I read these answers with an increased level of respect for JD and Shado and a decreased level for NotePad.  Thanks guys; really helpful.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26